ADVERTISEMENT

King's Fork defeats Warhill 41-14

757FridayNiteZ

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Sep 9, 2015
Coach Anthony Joffrion has brought the Bulldogs a Regional Title! Here's a bit of a background on the Bulldog's success this year.. I don't see this team as a one off success story. As a Southeastern District team, I hope they can be an adequate replacement for what Lake Taylor represented in Class 4 for the 757 area!!!?? BUT time will tell. There next opponent will be the winner of the Varina vs Patrick Henry game later today!!! BUT I warn their detractors from assuming a big loss to Smith in the regular season equates to a sure win versus this Bulldog team!

Thank you to Andy Hilton, We MISS your Ultimate Recruit / Recruit 757 insights!!!

Anthony Joffrion is a Chris Scott and Scottie Littles protege, and he’s the new head football coach at King’s Fork

by Andy Hilton, recruit757

King’s Fork has a new football coach, and he has ties to the Bulldog Football program already.

Anthony Joffrion played his high school ball under Chris Scott at Ocean Lakes. He played his college ball at Division II Chowan University, and landed his first coaching gig under Scottie Littles at King’s Fork.

In 2019, after Littles’ departure from King’s Fork, Joffrion connected with Chris Scott and took a role as a line coach for an Oscar Smith team that went all the way to the VHSL Class 6 State Championship game in 2019.

“My three years under Scottie Littles were exciting. I feel like we did a good job with the program. We won a share of the Southeastern District title in 2017 (after defeating Oscar Smith). He did it at such a young age it inspired me to try to be a young head coach,” Joffrion explained. “It’s very exciting to have this happen. My relationship with the kids is so strong. I’ve coached most of them since they were in middle school. It means a lot to me and my fiance’. We’re very excited to be a part of the Bulldog family once again.”

Joffrion coached under Scottie Littles from the time Littles was hired as the head coach at King’s Fork.

Chris Scott developed his legend as a player an assistant coach and as a head coach at Ocean Lakes. Joffrion got the experience of playing under Scott and then got a different perspective by coaching alongside him.

“This past season with Coach Scott was amazing,” Joffrion said. “It was a true learning experience to see how he managed coaches, to see how he organized the program, and to see the energy he brought to practice every single day. I will be forever grateful for spending the year with Chris Scott.”

Joffrion already has his inspiration and his direction for the King’s Fork program. He’s been around winners and he’s ready to apply that at King’s Fork in a leadership role.

“The culture at King’s Fork will be engaging. Our motto for this year is ‘Tough Love’. If someone really loves you, they’ll tell you things you don’t want to hear. As a coaching staff, we’re going to bring a lot of tough love to our student-athletes. We’re going to instill beliefs in them that will carry them past playing high school football,” said the coach. “That’s one thing I’m forever grateful to Chris Scott for. Every day he drilled into us this 1-0 mindset. It’s something that I’ve taken throughout my life. If I can have the impact on these kids that my high school head coach had on me, that’s what I want to instill in my kids. I want to have a life long relationship.”

Coach Scottie Littles led King’s Fork to a 21-15 win-loss record in three years. Kermit Buggs coached the Bulldogs in 2019 and compiled a 4-8 record, but the team did win their opening round playoff game against Warhill. Anthony Joffrion is now in position to create his legacy as the head coach at King’s Fork.

– Andy Hilton

FFKqR4iXEAkdq9j

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT