ADVERTISEMENT

Lafayette (10-0) vs. Churchland (4-6)

Who wins

• Lafayette

Votes: 11 100.0%
  • Churchland

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
So since churchlands coach was quoted saying he wanted a chance at Lake Taylor again because they feel they can beat them well they have to go through Lafayette first before that can happen hahaha

So since churchlands coach was quoted saying he wanted a chance at Lake Taylor again because they feel they can beat them well they have to go through Lafayette first before that can happen hahaha

That was a kid not the coach. Alonzo Ricks is the HC, Mike Huff is a kid

Reactions: OCBoy
They lost to Grafton and barey beat Warhill. They have a long ride here in lousy traffic (I go south side on business all the time) and they will have a tough task.

Sorry about that I read it on Facebook
No problem someone sent it to me this morning. I couldn't do anything but laugh. A lot bigger problems for Churchland this week than worrying about us. I know Coach Ricks is not too pleased about the kid making that quote.

That was a kid not the coach. Alonzo Ricks is the HC, Mike Huff is a kid

In 2010 Churchland was ranked in the top ten in South Hampton Roads. They had just beaten Kings Fork 49-14. Then they loss to Phoebus 45-0. Coach Ricks, then an assistant coach, conceded that the Churchland kids were crushed by the game result. “That team is good. I’m not going to say great,” Ricks said. “Hopefully, we’ll get the opportunity to see them again.” The following week the Coach Ricks pretty much got his wish, by playing the next best thing to Phoebus, Hampton High. The result a 52-0 shellacking. The moral of this history lesson, "Be very, very careful what you wish for".

In 2010 Churchland was ranked in the top ten in South Hampton Roads. They had just beaten Kings Fork 49-14. Then they loss to Phoebus 45-0. Coach Ricks, then an assistant coach, conceded that the Churchland kids were crushed by the game result. “That team is good. I’m not going to say great,” Ricks said. “Hopefully, we’ll get the opportunity to see them again.” The following week the Coach Ricks pretty much got his wish, by playing the next best thing to Phoebus, Hampton High. The result a 52-0 shellacking. The moral of this history lesson, "Be very, very careful what you wish for".

Real moral of that story is don't schedule Phoebus and Hampton in the same year OOD if you aren't that great, and don't do it in back to back weeks. Sheesh they wanted to get embarrassed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT