ADVERTISEMENT

Lafayette 41 Warhill 0

Lafayette

VaPreps All District
Aug 26, 2001
By halftime the score was 34-0 and the game essentially over. Lafayette had in the first half a TD via a 30 yard fumble return, a 25 Int return and the other 3 TD's on long drives that were mostly running plays except one nice catch and run of 40 yards by Grimsley. The Lafayette passing game was solely short flairs with surprisingly no long passes. Warhill never got closer than the 25 yard line and seemed done the entire 2nd half. Lafayette opened the second half with a nice 50 yard drive that ended in a fumble into the end zone and recovered by Warhill. Lafayette 3 series later did go the distance and punched it in and the reserves took over for the last 5 minutes. Smithfield next week will present a far stiffer test and the passing game needs to be found.

Smithfield next week will present a far stiffer test and the passing game needs to be found.

Ummmm....nope, don't think so. KF rolled over, under around them. And KF is NOT in the same class as Lafayette.
Game will be well in hand by halftime again this week. Bruton is not the Bruton of old, AND shouldn't all 4A squads beat the beans out of 2A squads? Nothing special there.

Ummmm....nope, don't think so. KF rolled over, under around them. And KF is NOT in the same class as Lafayette.
Game will be well in hand by halftime again this week. Bruton is not the Bruton of old, AND shouldn't all 4A squads beat the beans out of 2A squads? Nothing special there.
I agree the Bruton of this year is pretty much the same as last year- not very good and not like the Bruton of old. KF did seem to roll right over Smithfield scoring several TDs in each quarter but not seeing the game I don't know how they stack up to current Lafayette. You may evaluate this better than me. It just kind of surprising that with the talent of WR Grimsley (VT bound) that no passes went much beyond the line of scrimmage- most were that wideout screen against Warhill. I like to throw medium to deep at least 3-4 times a game to him. But I ain't the coach!

By the looks of things, it didn't appear that the Rams needed to air it out. But, it is a long season, not working on the intermediate or long passing game in a game situation could hurt come playoff time. BUT...your coaching staff is top notch...I'm sure they had their reasons.
I'm out of town for the next 5 weeks, unfortunately I'll miss this weeks game, but on another note, I may actually have a chance to catch a Louisa game. So all is not lost. Good luck next week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT