ADVERTISEMENT

Lake Taylor/Dinwiddie

Dinwiddie practices as well. I know they were fed breakfast in 2013.

My daughter confirmed. The troops are being served breakfast at 8:00am. Practice to follow.

Last edited:
ebff38063b30af2bd2abaa79827a3fd3.jpg

Glad to see you have come out of hiding. Phoebus is relevant again. LOL..Pretty sure you haven't seen LT and are going off of what you heard over on the Peninsula.

Sorry my opinion hurts your feelings. And when has Phoebus not bee relevant since 2001? I've seen Lake Taylor play Heritage twice and got dragged out to the Deep Creek playoff, which they should have lost. I live in Norfolk now too by the way...

As tradition when we make it this far in the playoffs we will practice from 9-12 and have a team dinner together afterwards to celebrate the holiday. Coaches cook and its a nice afternoon together.
That's a proven program their. It's all about bonding at this stage it's the biggest key to teamwork in a game IMO
Sorry my opinion hurts your feelings. And when has Phoebus not bee relevant since 2001? I've seen Lake Taylor play Heritage twice and got dragged out to the Deep Creek playoff, which they should have lost. I live in Norfolk now too by the way...
Have you had a chance to see Dinwiddie play?

Never upset over the comments of fans man. It's your opinion you are entitled to it. I know what happened leading up to and during all those games your were at. You've just been real quiet up here lately. Phoebus looks like a shoe-in to win 3A now its time to come out. Glad to see you back up here. Don't worry we will see the Phantoms game one next year, and since you live in Norfolk it will be an easy commute for you.

Never upset over the comments of fans man. It's your opinion you are entitled to it. I know what happened leading up to and during all those games your were at. You've just been real quiet up here lately. Phoebus looks like a shoe-in to win 3A now its time to come out. Glad to see you back up here. Don't worry we will see the Phantoms game one next year, and since you live in Norfolk it will be an easy commute for you.

I only come here during playoffs now because I have no clue who we play anymore in these weak 3A playoffs. On another note K'Vaughan Pope was too much for yall tonight. Good season though.

These "weak 3A playoffs" took it to your Phantoms last year. I can't believe that hasn't humbled you. Maybe it will this year.

It's always terrible when officials dictate the outcome of games. Pope is a best but overall dinwiddie is very beatable.

Well it won't happen this year, LT was the last team with a good chance to beat them. Don't see Lafayette, Salem or Dominion coming close. A 100% healthy EV, maybe.

Home cooking at it finest though.. that was an act of desperation and as a fan of the game they were hosed pretty bad

Can someone explain what happened? I see a 14 point win so was it maybe a close game and a TD turned into a pick 6 or something?

These "weak 3A playoffs" took it to your Phantoms last year. I can't believe that hasn't humbled you. Maybe it will this year.

Took it to us? Our kids didn't take the opponent serious all week in practice got down 28-0 and came back 28-23 and just ran out of time. There is no team in the playoffs anywhere near that MV team this year. Have you seen the brackets? We're playing a 7-5 5th place in district team for the regional title. Learned a lot last year and our kids won't lose to any of the remaining teams. But let's get back to the topic of LT/Dinwiddie...

@Phoebus Fan or maybe MV smacked y'all to go up 28-0 and then they got complacent. That's what I saw. Don't let that 7-5 team be a predictor of what's to come. As you'll see again next week, good football is played in the West as well.

First off this was one heck of a defensive battle. Neither team could consistently move the ball. A ton of athletes on display in this game.

Lake Taylor's #22 Tucker-Dorsey (6.5 tackles, 1 sack, 1 kickoff return for td, 2 catches 14 yards, 122 yards in kickoff return yardage) is a fantastic player and he put heat on the Dinwiddie offense all night long. JMU landed a stud. I was also impressed with the Titans defensive backs. They know the pass coverage rules and push them intellegently to their advantage.

Yes, Pope (2 td's, 2 ints., 31 yds rushing, 6 catches 75 yards, 7.5 tackles) did it all tonight and his praise is well deserved. The running game and Witt (13-25 162 2 tds) did enough to get the job done. Our receivers dropped some sure catches, but more importantly we only had one turnover on a fumble (Lake Taylor 4 to's). Just got the teams stats and they were about even as well. Slight edge to Dinwiddie in both passing (162 Din. 148 LT) and rushing (143 Din. 107 LT).

Now about the "holding call". (It would not have tied it up without the xp). Unless you were an official or a coach in the box watching for a penalty there is no way a fan can honestly say there was or was not a hold. I, just like every other fan was watching the runner cut back for the td. I saw the flag come out as the runner cut back, because it was in my sight line. Did I see a hold no, but I was watching the runner. It was not delayed and was thrown towards the cut back.

I have seen the official in question who is a highly rated white hat, referee big high school games in Richmond and colleges for years. He also referees basketball and umpires. Not once have I ever seen him make a malicious or pro anyone call. By the way, I know for a fact he has never officiated a Dinwiddie game in the last15 years. Homer no. Good official yes. Did he make the right call????? Past history says he did. Film does not lie, so we shall see.

Lets not take anything away from the effort these two teams gave tonight. I for one apllaud both squads. Thanks for making high school football awesome.

Devils, you guys had one hell of a defensive game plan. Mad respect for your team and staff. Nice fan support as well glad to see a good crowd on the visitors side.

Last edited:
What a game... Pleasure kicking it with Navy, DP, and Springer.

Lake taylor is a gritty tough team. I mean all 11 on defense are just junkyard dogs out there. Number 22 is a beast. I thought LT had a great game plan and Dinwiddie played right into it for the most part. They got lulled into this field position possession style of a game. I thought a low scoring game favored LT and for the most part I was right on that one.

Dinwiddie slipped on a few banana peels tonight. Some key drops on probably 2 that were for sure TD's. Quite a few untimely penalties that were drive killers etc. I'd like to see them throw the swing pass a few more times or just pitch is to Freeland on a sweep rather than so many dives.

Lake Taylor did everything they needed to do but win. IMO what really happened there is the best 2 athletes on the field Pope and Freeland bailed out the Generals tonight. And that is ok... That is what great players do.

LT had 2 amazing kick returns... I don't know if it was a hold or not, similar to what Navy said I was watching the ball carrier. Dinwiddie needs to sure up that part of their game for next week. LT must have started on the 50 yrd line every time Din kicked off.

Dinwiddie's corners play too far off the receivers IMO. Lake Taylor missed one deep in the left corner of the end zone but the throw was slightly off. LT had good success with the intermediate routes. I was surprised they didn't have more success with the deep ball. Freeland's speed at safety make receivers look open that aren't. I'd like to see Dinwiddie corners press a little more on the line especially with that safety-net knowing Freeland is back there.

LT's pass rush def bothered Witt. He still hung in there and got the job done. I felt like LT QB missed a few throws as well.

Overall it was an amazing game and LT should have their heads held high.

If you can tell me who is a better player in the state then K Pope please let me know. He is a HUGE difference maker on both sides of the ball.

Great HS football game between 2 heavy weights.

Sounds like it was the game of the century. Hate to see a holding call (not saying it was a bad call--I have no idea) play such a pivotal role, though.

It was a whale of a game. Even with the kick return getting nullified, LT still had the ball and moved to the Din 28 yrd line pretty easily. Pope just made a great play and Din escaped.

Freeland had a kick return for Dinwiddie where he hit a seam and turned on the burners and he was gone....

On both kick returns tht LT had the returner kind of scooted and shuffled down field in traffic. I was watching thinking to myself is anyone going to tackle this guy. It was like they were all right there but just couldnt make the tackle. The LT returner willed his way too the endzone.

It's ashame that a penalty call is going to takeaway from a great evening. LT had their chances, ultimately the 4 turnovers hurt. Most of the TO's were on long passes so they were as good as punts in terms of field positions but they killed LT drives. The 4th one was a game sealing pic 6.

A shout out to mbonape1 and Springers. They joined our group for dinner and the game. Two great guys to hang out with. Thank you for the pleasure of your company.

I met several members of the media that came out to cover the game. To a person, they were fantastic. Respectful and quite, as they went about their job. Thank you guys for coming out, and we hope you will come out again this Saturday.

A special acknowledgment of Matt Hatfield and Danny Lewis from Virginia Preps. Poor Matt and his buddies had to brave 64 to get here. And Danny had to work yesterday, so he scrambled through I 95 traffic at 5:00. Thanks for coming.

I have not heard the total ticket sales, but I believe it will turn out to be the largest crowd this year. A tip of the hat to all of the fans that waddled in after a day of stuffing in way too much food, which followed a day of stuffing in way too much food. Great job fans. Loud and proud.

I officially declare that all that were present are hereby given a five year moritoium on any need for a stress test. If your ticker didn't go bonkers last night, your ole heart is in great shape. Wow, what a game.

I guess this is home cooking huh. The ref missed the first call when the LT player tried to tackle one of our players then and obvious holding on the kicker.https://youtu.be/LizY9IP4JZY
Home cooking at it finest though.. that was an act of desperation and as a fan of the game they were hosed pretty bad

It was a whale of a game. Even with the kick return getting nullified, LT still had the ball and moved to the Din 28 yrd line pretty easily. Pope just made a great play and Din escaped.

Freeland had a kick return for Dinwiddie where he hit a seam and turned on the burners and he was gone....

On both kick returns tht LT had the returner kind of scooted and shuffled down field in traffic. I was watching thinking to myself is anyone going to tackle this guy. It was like they were all right there but just couldnt make the tackle. The LT returner willed his way too the endzone.

It's ashame that a penalty call is going to takeaway from a great evening. LT had their chances, ultimately the 4 turnovers hurt. Most of the TO's were on long passes so they were as good as punts in terms of field positions but they killed LT drives. The 4th one was a game sealing pic 6.

Reactions: wahoogen20
Did you see the attempted tackle from the LT guy? I guess he missed his block and then went for a tackle on his guy.

Reactions: wahoogen20
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT