ADVERTISEMENT

Lake Taylor High School

EPJr

VaPreps Hall of Famer
Sep 27, 2002
20200406213937_148_mascot300Near.png

The Titans just won their 3rd regional 4A title in a row and their last.
As of September they will be in Region 3A.

3A will be very loaded and 4A very weak compared to 4B.
4A will lose Menchville and Lake Taylor and gain Deep Creek back. 4B adds a bunch of teams that many believe wanted to run away from HSHS and hopefully have a chance. They all petitioned to play down in 4. 4B also was about to have a crazy amount of teams until 3 schools volunteered to go to 4D which made sense.

4A will lose Menchville and Lake Taylor and gain Deep Creek back. 4B adds a bunch of teams that many believe wanted to run away from HSHS and hopefully have a chance. They all petitioned to play down in 4. 4B also was about to have a crazy amount of teams until 3 schools volunteered to go to 4D which made sense.
Louisa and Pulaski just played in the girls state basketball championship and now will be in the same region

3A is ridiculous with LT, Lafayette, Hopewell, & Phoebus. They need to strongly consider moving Hopewell to 3B now that LT is in 3A.

@DEVILSLB99 - When you say lobbied to play in class 4 did the 5B teams dropping down not actually meet the class 4 enrollment classification? Were they on the fence enrollment wise? What are the rules there, sounds like it is not as cut and dry as I thought.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
3A is ridiculous with LT, Lafayette, Hopewell, & Phoebus. They need to strongly consider moving Hopewell to 3B now that LT is in 3A.

@DEVILSLB99 - When you say lobbied to play in class 4 did the 5B teams dropping down not actually meet the class 4 enrollment classification? Were they on the fence enrollment wise? What are the rules there, sounds like it is not as cut and dry as I thought.
I think if a team is within 5% of a proposed enrollment cutoff they can lobby to drop. I agree Hopewell should be moved to 3B.

Reactions: SFUWO and mbonape1
I think if a team is within 5% of a proposed enrollment cutoff they can lobby to drop. I agree Hopewell should be moved to 3B.
Hopewell, Petersburg and Colonial Heights were in B but lobbied to be in A.
back then all of the Richmond schools (other than Huguenot) were in B and it was all about not being also rans in basketball. Region B is now about extensive travel that I don't think they want. In fact if I was Armstrong, I would lobby to also get in A.

I could never figure out how Hopewell is not 3B and a Richmond area school. The newspapers and TV stations in Richmond all cover them like any other Richmond team.

Reactions: mbonape1
Hopewell, Petersburg and Colonial Heights were in B but lobbied to be in A.
back then all of the Richmond schools (other than Huguenot) were in B and it was all about not being also rans in basketball. Region B is now about extensive travel that I don't think they want. In fact if I was Armstrong, I would lobby to also get in A.
I’m sure Lafayette wouldn’t mind going back to 4. Then all three Williamsburg HS would be in the same class. With Warhill and Jamestown over capacity and Lafayette actually under capacity I’m surprised a slight districting to move 100-200 to Lafayette hasn’t happen already.

They were on the fence and appealed to move down to 4B. They could have stayed in 5.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT