ADVERTISEMENT

LAKE TAYLOR VS. WESTERN BRANCH

Sounds like LT has another gem in the backfield. Not surprised the Titans always come to play. Win and move on.

I was at this game. Lake Taylor's freshman back is a studd. Hard to imagine he is a freshman.

WB gets ball and on third play of game a screen pass is picked off and LT runs it back to the WB 5 yrd line. 2 plays later they score.

WB returns kick for a TD only to be nullified by a penalty. WB eventially scores. LT's next possession LT's freshman back breaks one for 50 yards to paydirt. Next possession WB score on a long run and it is again nullified by a holding call. LT get the ball and the Freshman back breaks another 50 yrd run. Western BrAnch scores again making it 21-14. Next time LT has the ball they stop LT on 4th down but illegal participation and a personal foul give LT a first down and LT scores on the very next play! 28-14 at half. This was a pretty good game and LT was able to hold on for the win. I do think the better team won the game.

I'd say LT is down but not that down. They still have a lot of big strong kids out there. What stunned me was how soft the LT defence was in the middle. The western branch qb and tailback were having their way with the LT defence running the read option.

WB had a few blob linemen but I was stunned how small WB was. Looked like they had 140lb linebackers and DB's and there tailback was 5'5 140 soaking wet. LT had several 6'1 220lb players tht were all muscle!

I think you could drop LT in any district in Richmond and they would hAve 7 wins. Maybe 8 or 9 in Hermitage's distric. 757 football is way down IMO. Except for oscar smith, BS, Landstown and kings fork. LT will be there come 4A playoffs but they need to improve as the season goes on. I Don't think they could beat Diniddie, Mon, Louisa or KF at this point.

I think WB will get anialated by OS. That is all tht matters in the grand scheme of things as I think they are 6A.

Reactions: ForksUp
WB's new qb, Harrell, kept them in that game & WB's Wing T, really can make at team's defense look pretty bad. The last couple of years, they definitely had a near miss against Smith.

As for LT compared to other 4A teams, I don't get to see those teams outside the 757 but you can bet LT will be like a lot of teams and make big improvements after their 1st game.

As for 757 being down, I think some of the 5A & 6A are as you state but I think the story for this area will be Deep Creek & Kings Fork. Deep Creek nearly beat LT last year in the playoffs, their JV only lost to Smith in OT. And there are Sports writers in our area that believe Kings Fork may have the most talent in the Southeastern District!

Reactions: mbonape1
WB's new qb, Harrell, kept them in that game & WB's Wing T, really can make at team's defense look pretty bad. The last couple of years, they definitely had a near miss against Smith.

As for LT compared to other 4A teams, I don't get to see those teams outside the 757 but you can bet LT will be like a lot of teams and make big improvements after their 1st game.

As for 757 being down, I think some of the 5A & 6A are as you state but I think the story for this area will be Deep Creek & Kings Fork. Deep Creek nearly beat LT last year in the playoffs, their JV only lost to Smith in OT. And there are Sports writers in our area that believe Kings Fork may have the most talent in the Southeastern District!

Totally agree on KF... Deep creek is a 4a squad?

Yes, I think it's possible that they could enter the playoffs 6-4 or even 7-3 with a flip of their 3-7 record vs last year. As a 4A team, they'll be battle tested and on the road ready to make problems for teams. Losses would be from I. River 50/50 game, Smith, and Kings Fork.

Yes, I think it's possible that they could enter the playoffs 6-4 or even 7-3 with a flip of their 3-7 record vs last year. As a 4A team, they'll be battle tested and on the road ready to make problems for teams. Losses would be from I. River 50/50 game, Smith, and Kings Fork.

Yeah Deep Creek is definitely a surprise.

I think WB is going to struggle big time this year. Grassfield may have some problems too. They have their RB playing MLB and he really doesn't leave the field. Hard to believe he'll be able to make it through the season in this district taking that much contact

This is the first time I've heard anything regarding Deep Creek so we will have to see. WB had 130lb players on the varsity getting playing time. Its hard to imagine they are gonna have much luck against quality 6A's. I think they had 2-3 pretty good athletes but that is it.

This is the first time I've heard anything regarding Deep Creek so we will have to see. WB had 130lb players on the varsity getting playing time. Its hard to imagine they are gonna have much luck against quality 6A's. I think they had 2-3 pretty good athletes but that is it.

Deep Creek has a new head coach. Don't remember his name. It's an interesting story. He was at Deep Creek middle school and did really well. Then moved into the JV head coach role and did amazing. As mentioned his only loss was to Smith in overtime. Now in his debit he beat Grassfield, a team most folks figure would be top 3 in the district. Interesting to see how it goes

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT