ADVERTISEMENT

LCA climbing back into the playoff picture

mike salem

Nov 2, 2009
Salem
(Sorry Wikki) They were #17 last week in playoff points and they won last night to improve to 5-3. Winless Franklin Co should be a cakewalk. It will come down to the finale with Benedictine who is currently undefeated and who beat LCA last year. If LCA loses they're out, if they win that should be enough to get them in. I know a lot of people are hoping they don't make it. It will happen in the next couple of years and they are here to stay so we'll have to get accustomed to it, like it or not.

(Sorry Wikki) They were #17 last week in playoff points and they won last night to improve to 5-3. Winless Franklin Co should be a cakewalk. It will come down to the finale with Benedictine who is currently undefeated and who beat LCA last year. If LCA loses they're out, if they win that should be enough to get them in. I know a lot of people are hoping they don't make it. It will happen in the next couple of years and they are here to stay so we'll have to get accustomed to it, like it or not.
Can't help how I feel, but hope they don't and would like to see them lose in first round if they do

Has anyone else heard the LCA recruiting commercial on the radio?
I heard it last night. It offers potential transfers to spend the day on campus with a student sponsor and a tour of the athletic facility.
Of course they played it in ESPN Radio with a clear target towards athletes.
Have you ever heard a public school advertise on the radio for students?
Personally I hope they qualify for the playoffs so they can get crushed by a legitimate school.

Reactions: wikki
I heard it last night. It offers potential transfers to spend the day on campus with a student sponsor and a tour of the athletic facility.
Personally I hope they qualify for the playoffs so they can get crushed by a legitimate school.
I would like to see them play JF and that would be the only time I would root for JF

Reactions: onereddevil4
Interesting wonder if that is ok with the VHSL, oh yeah it is because it is LCA

Hopefully they do get in. With the schedule there still playing there's not many good vhsl teams. Like to see them against some.
Course the Ads no surprise even if there zone is Lynchburg. If a parent in one of the surrounding areas wants to send there kid there what's to stop it. You get them there 8th 9th grade there eligible.

I hope LCA makes it into playoffs. But this year's LCA team isn't as good as Bulldog teams of year's past.

Might be some truth to that. In my opinion the biggest obstacle to LCA is that they are playing in D4. I do not think they are that size school. They should be a 2 or 3 I believe.

Might be some truth to that. In my opinion the biggest obstacle to LCA is that they are playing in D4. I do not think they are that size school. They should be a 2 or 3 I believe.
I say you get what you ask for, they based their numbers on a formula. I have been hearing a lot of talk that the parents don't like it

I say you get what you ask for, they based their numbers on a formula. I have been hearing a lot of talk that the parents don't like it
The formula is enrollment (approx 800)×1.5= 1,200= D4.
This is common nationwide because private schools recruit from a larger area than a normal school zone. In LCA's case that's all of Lynchburg- ECG & Heritage territory.

Reactions: CowboyTodd
I hope to see the bulldogs in the playoffs. And I believe that some public schools don't want them in because they are a real tough #11 or #12 seed. The thing that hurts them is the points. They probably have one of if not the toughest schedule in 4a west. But the private schools they are playing are only getting 2a or 1a point values and those teams would probably crush any 4a west team. They beat Charlotte Christian pretty good and they are usually a NC powerhouse. Yes they got beat by bishop McNamara, woodberry, and Avalon. Bishop McNamara plays in the same league as Dematha (was #2 in the nation) and Gonzaga prep which also ranked on the top 25 in the nation. McNamara lost to Dematha by only 5. And from what I know bout woodberry they are usually dominate and think maxprep ranked then in the top 5 of all schools public or private in the state of va. And then Avalon I think beat woodberry. So the teams they lost to aren't pushover private schools. I think if they make the playoffs then they will win the first couple games by landslides just because their schedule have been playoff tough games all year

I hope to see the bulldogs in the playoffs. And I believe that some public schools don't want them in because they are a real tough #11 or #12 seed. The thing that hurts them is the points. They probably have one of if not the toughest schedule in 4a west. But the private schools they are playing are only getting 2a or 1a point values and those teams would probably crush any 4a west team. They beat Charlotte Christian pretty good and they are usually a NC powerhouse. Yes they got beat by bishop McNamara, woodberry, and Avalon. Bishop McNamara plays in the same league as Dematha (was #2 in the nation) and Gonzaga prep which also ranked on the top 25 in the nation. McNamara lost to Dematha by only 5. And from what I know bout woodberry they are usually dominate and think maxprep ranked then in the top 5 of all schools public or private in the state of va. And then Avalon I think beat woodberry. So the teams they lost to aren't pushover private schools. I think if they make the playoffs then they will win the first couple games by landslides just because their schedule have been playoff tough games all year
I agree with you on the points. I know they have played a tough schedule. If they beat Benedictine I think they will make the playoffs. If they lose that game I don't think think they make it in at 6-4 with so many opponents being classified 1/2A. Once they get in anything can happen. I could definitely see an upset 1st Rd. I'm not sure they'll get any further than that, really depends on who they draw. I think LCA plays better defense than a lot of these schools. Should be interesting.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT