ADVERTISEMENT

LCA @ EC Glass

VolNation85

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Nov 29, 2013
LCA is 9-0 and EC Glass is 8-1. Glass lost 12-0 to Heritage back in early September. LCA beat Heritage 14-6 mid-October.

Who wins this one and why?

Would like to see Glass win but feel LCA will end up on top by double digits.

• Haha
Reactions: VolNation85
Great job, Glass! Although I did pick the Bulldogs by two TDs, way to shut me up! Best of luck to both programs in the postseason.

Reactions: Raiders Radio
After the first game of the 2001 season I predicted that Phoebus would double up as 01 & 02 champs and then go on to win 6-7 total titles. After 8 titles I have yet to hear from one of the anonymous profiles that ridiculed me. All of you that picked LCA my advice? Do not ever follow crowds.

Turning point of this game was when LCA's #8 went out with injury.
Maybe so, but as i sat and watched Glass was stuffing the run and had the pass play shut down at same time. Right out the blocks Glass was just playing a superb game. The Gideon influence might have surfaced later in the game but i dont it would have last night. Both team were adjusting on the fly and 2nd half adjustments were made by both teams. LCA killer was all the holding penalties even tho i did not keep count holding and fumbles and interceptions took LCA down.

Turning point of this game was when LCA's #8 went out with injury.
Glass defense is like that. I knew they could rise to the occasion. This is the best defense Woody has had at Glass I’ll give them the nod over the 2019 defense. 103 points allowed is the least allowed points in the regular season in a long time. With the way Glass defense was playing, don’t think it would’ve made a difference.

I said to myself earlier this week, without Gideon, LCA is just a regular team. Still very good, but just on everyone else’s level. Problem with LCA is that they’re usually not very deep. If injuries get to them, they’re usually done. I hope that’s not the case and I pray Gideon and the others come back so they can make a run!

Oh and when Glass can run the ball, they are dangerous! That was the difference last year. They could throw all over the yard, but couldn’t run the ball. Offense is showing good balance, and the toppers are playing well up front.

Been waiting for Glass to get a #1 seed and home field advantage. Let’s see what they do with it.

• Love
I was told this afternoon that Glass was benefactor of some home cooking with yellow flags.
I can imagine that and 100 percent disagree. LCA had major sticky hands and frankly got away with as many holds as they got flagged for. I'm a straightup Appo fan with no dog in that fight only attended to see a game locally during our bye week.

Did you see play at end of first half where LCA got called for ineligible man "downfield ", from 1 yard line ?
He was ineligible because he was wearing #78 and because he was covered up by the TE. Not because he was literally downfield. That's just the name of the rule. LOL

Glass defense is like that. I knew they could rise to the occasion. This is the best defense Woody has had at Glass I’ll give them the nod over the 2019 defense. 103 points allowed is the least allowed points in the regular season in a long time. With the way Glass defense was playing, don’t think it would’ve made a difference.

I said to myself earlier this week, without Gideon, LCA is just a regular team. Still very good, but just on everyone else’s level. Problem with LCA is that they’re usually not very deep. If injuries get to them, they’re usually done. I hope that’s not the case and I pray Gideon and the others come back so they can make a run!
And from my understanding, at least 28 of those 103 points have been scored on the backup defense after the starters were replaced.

Maybe so, but as i sat and watched Glass was stuffing the run and had the pass play shut down at same time. Right out the blocks Glass was just playing a superb game. The Gideon influence might have surfaced later in the game but i dont it would have last night. Both team were adjusting on the fly and 2nd half adjustments were made by both teams. LCA killer was all the holding penalties even tho i did not keep count holding and fumbles and interceptions took LCA down.
Glass was leading 14-0 when he went out. Many other teams this year have many players injured or transferred. No excuses they lost and probably will not make it to states

Reactions: Kenneth Harris
Glass was leading 14-0 when he went out. Many other teams this year have many players injured or transferred. No excuses they lost and probably will not make it to states
Heritage should have beaten LCA they had the better team on the field that night. However, Bradley failed to make any adjustments on offense in 2nd half and continued to try what was not working in first half.

• Wow
Sources tell me that 2 of the official's fathers played at Glass.
There's probably holding on every play in HS football, but it should only be called if it has a bearing on the play.

• Haha
Reactions: CoachPageNHS
And from my understanding, at least 28 of those 103 points have been scored on the backup defense after the starters were replaced.
Also 7 of those 103 was the scoop 6.

I was skeptical about the defensive scheme last year, but I will say, the Glass DC and defensive staff has been in their bag this year, and the players are executing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT