ADVERTISEMENT

LCA gets there welcome to the big leagues next week.

AMHERST #1

VaPreps All District
Oct 22, 2001
Mad heights, va
Not sure which game im most looking forward to this year drumming LCA or JF. But regardless LCA is gonna get a taste next week as to how they are gonna far in the seminole. I predicting Amherst lays the wood to them next week.

Not sure which game im most looking forward to this year drumming LCA or JF. But regardless LCA is gonna get a taste next week as to how they are gonna far in the seminole. I predicting Amherst lays the wood to them next week.
Should be a good game,LCA can beat Amherst.

Amherst is really good and it should be a great game. LCA will play them tough, but a bye week always helps. Lancers are riding high and the momentum should be enough for a win

They recruit who cares, if a player wants to leave a program, they have been apart of then let them go. Personally if I had a program and they could steal kids from me then it's my fault for the bad atmosphere that has been created.

Reactions: OCBoy
Didn't know there had to be a bad atmosphere , for a recruitment to happen of a player. Maybe the school doing the recruiting can just offer stuff that a public school can't.

Reactions: Marshall-Dillon
Didn't know there had to be a bad atmosphere , for a recruitment to happen of a player. Maybe the school doing the recruiting can just offer stuff that a public school can't.
Exactly offer things that no one else could but not anymore hopefully

They recruit who cares, if a player wants to leave a program, they have been apart of then let them go. Personally if I had a program and they could steal kids from me then it's my fault for the bad atmosphere that has been created.
Lots of times it wasn't the player who wanted to leave but parents who saw college scholarships offered. I know that for a fact

Reactions: OCBoy
Wikki, my wife made your Taco Soup Thursday for supper. Not as good as yours, but pretty darn good.

Reactions: wikki
Lots of times it wasn't the player who wanted to leave but parents who saw college scholarships offered. I know that for a fact
Salem "lost" a freshman to North Cross this year. He's starting at North Cross at running back, but probably would have been JV at Salem. I am betting if you asked the kid, he would want to be at Salem.

Reactions: close2salem
Salem "lost" a freshman to North Cross this year. He's starting at North Cross at running back, but probably would have been JV at Salem. I am betting if you asked the kid, he would want to be at Salem.
Its tough to change schools. I went to 5 different schools because of my dads work. You are just never a part of the groups that do go all the way thru school together.
Also the recruiting goes on in the public schools as much as the private schools.

Its tough to change schools. I went to 5 different schools because of my dads work. You are just never a part of the groups that do go all the way thru school together.
Also the recruiting goes on in the public schools as much as the private schools.
But the difference is what you can offer, LCA was offering college education

What kids has LCA recruited? And what is LCA offering that no other school offers?

Absolutely nothing any more. There are a few 5th year seniors but as soon as they run through the system there will be no more unfair advantage.

Since there is no athletic reason to go there any more they will not be able to remain competitive for much longer.

What kids has LCA recruited? And what is LCA offering that no other school offers?
They were offering college education, they can't now. People from Aopomattox were upset last year because they came after one of their players.

Absolutely nothing any more. There are a few 5th year seniors but as soon as they run through the system there will be no more unfair advantage.

Since there is no athletic reason to go there any more they will not be able to remain competitive for much longer.
5th year seniors was an advantage but not anymore. We will see how that affects them

5th year seniors was an advantage but not anymore. We will see how that affects them

There are still 5th year seniors in the system that were grandfathered in. Their starting QB is an example, as was their ace in baseball.

They were offering college education, they can't now. People from Aopomattox were upset last year because they came after one of their players.
I run a business below the LCA campus.I've hired 5 or 6 football players over the years and they told me stories on what they been promised.It hasn't really affected Amherst but Rustburg was a target also.

LCA wins no matter the outcome. If they win, awesome, they beat Amherst. If they lose, they still probably swipe a player or two away for next season! Win win!
Don't think they can get Amherst players.Amherst has 19 of its 22 starters come from Amherst.Madison Heights kids is the kids that usually want to transfer.

Reactions: wikki
I run a business below the LCA campus.I've hired 5 or 6 football players over the years and they told me stories on what they been promised.It hasn't really affected Amherst but Rustburg was a target also.
They tried to affect Amherst years ago, I saw the letter

They tried to affect Amherst years ago, I saw the letter
Of course they will try but the group of kids thats coming up,im not worried.Amherst did lose their best kid this summer to a school in Tennesee.Thats 2 future very good skill position players the last 2 years thats left Amherst(not because of recruiting though).

You know that the college scholarship to lu that was offered was to every student, athlete or academic kids, it was offered to every kid. And the scholarship was to lu not to any college they wanted it could only be used at Liberty. And it was 10% every year that you attended LCA so to get a full scholarship you had to go 3rd grade through 12th. So for a kid to transfer in his junior year what good is a 20% scholarship to Lu if your trying to play college football?
And if you knew anything bout LCA baseball you know that Qb was never the ace. The ace is at Lsu right now, the Qb hardly played during baseball season.
And why would a program that has seen a lot success go after a kid in rustburg? Rustburg hasn't been good in years

You know that the college scholarship to lu that was offered was to every student, athlete or academic kids, it was offered to every kid. And the scholarship was to lu not to any college they wanted it could only be used at Liberty. And it was 10% every year that you attended LCA so to get a full scholarship you had to go 3rd grade through 12th. So for a kid to transfer in his junior year what good is a 20% scholarship to Lu if your trying to play college football?
And if you knew anything bout LCA baseball you know that Qb was never the ace. The ace is at Lsu right now, the Qb hardly played during baseball season.
And why would a program that has seen a lot success go after a kid in rustburg? Rustburg hasn't been good in years
So because Rustburg hasn't been good in years, they have no talent? Bad reasoning there my friend. Rustburg as a team has depth problems, that's why they struggle to 6-4 at best most years. They have talented players that any school would love to have.

I understand more than you know. They went after one of _Appomattox's best players last year. Rustburg has talent just no debt and they can only take the players from their area not other areas like LCA was doing

You don't think Jamal Pannell wasn't any good?

I wasn't saying the QB was their ace. Two different people. Although the QB will play baseball and pitch this year for his 5th year..

LCA will have 5th year seniors for next 4 years. They went through the school and reclassified any athlete that would the week before signing the agreement with VHSL. That way they would all be grandfathered in since agreement hadn't been signed yet. And they still recruit they are just doing it out of area and before 8th grade in area.

In LCA's defense, doesn't Gate City do the same thing with a 5th year? I believe they call it a hold back. In the 7 or 8th grade I believe. Could be wrong but I am pretty sure I am correct.

LCA will have 5th year seniors for next 4 years. They went through the school and reclassified any athlete that would the week before signing the agreement with VHSL. That way they would all be grandfathered in since agreement hadn't been signed yet. And they still recruit they are just doing it out of area and before 8th grade in area.
That's why I don't care for them, sorry

My thing is if a kid leaves a program for a better opportunity I wouldn't call that recruiting. At the time Jamal was at rustburg they were like 2-8 type of team, LCA had just won 2 state championships so why wouldn't he want to come, most kids that come to LCA is because they are having disclipline issues or coaching issues. So what do you call navy jones who was at altavista and ended up at JF?
And if any school wanted to reclass 8th graders they can no rule against that they can only have 4 years on varsity.
Why can't anyone just say what it actually was, LCA for the past 12-13 years have had the best coach in the area. 6 state championships. And dozens and dozens of kids in college programs. There is a famous quote from a sports movie that says if you build it they will come, and that is what LCA has done. They have 2 kids playing in the league right now how many other schools in our area have that

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
My thing is if a kid leaves a program for a better opportunity I wouldn't call that recruiting. At the time Jamal was at rustburg they were like 2-8 type of team, LCA had just won 2 state championships so why wouldn't he want to come, most kids that come to LCA is because they are having disclipline issues or coaching issues. So what do you call navy jones who was at altavista and ended up at JF?
And if any school wanted to reclass 8th graders they can no rule against that they can only have 4 years on varsity.
Why can't anyone just say what it actually was, LCA for the past 12-13 years have had the best coach in the area. 6 state championships. And dozens and dozens of kids in college programs. There is a famous quote from a sports movie that says if you build it they will come, and that is what LCA has done. They have 2 kids playing in the league right now how many other schools in our area have that

The "recruiting" part of LCA I never had a problem with. The 5th year Senior thing never bothered me. The problem lies in the fact that they are now playing in the VHSL with recruited and 5th year seniors against teams that are not allowed to. It's not a level playing field.

With free tuition to LU gone there isn't anything to draw athletes to LCA anymore. With the competition they will be facing they will not longer be able to compete as their advantages fade away.

LCA was a nice little private school that was smart enough to use the rules and their association with LU to build their school. In their heyday and now, despite their advantages, they have never been more than a nice little lower classification, 3A or less, school relative to Virginia public high schools. The best teams LCA ever produced still do not compare to the best teams produced at area public schools in their heyday.

In LCA's defense, doesn't Gate City do the same thing with a 5th year? I believe they call it a hold back. In the 7 or 8th grade I believe. Could be wrong but I am pretty sure I am correct.
No Gate City did not reclassify 9th,10th, 11th, and 12th grade kids last year nor any year. Any school can hold a kid back in middle school but there needs to be a reason. LCA has reclassified kids in middle and again in high school. Only supposed to have four years of eligibility once in 9th grade. Example is the Hess kid and others were 20 years old when playing this past baseball season.

Those were private school championships. Fact is LCA and LU are supposed to be bringing people to Christ and uplifting the community. But how come is it that they are hated by everyone in this area and state and VHSL? It's because they break rules. Fact is they will never be accepted. That is why VHSL took away all championships to be hosted at LU and will never let them host anything again. It's a shame it has to be that way. If they could follow rules and not try hurt other schools in the community they are in by recruiting there players then they would have had a chance to be a positive example on the communities around them and respected by those communities. But once respect is gone you have nothing. And don't try to say they don't recruit and that kids just decide to leave and go there. I've seen letters they have sent to players at multiple area schools. Even kids I go to church with and play at LCA say they recruit it's no secret. But they also say they will be down in the future because not having the free college tuition program anymore is already hurting the recruiting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT