ADVERTISEMENT

LCA recruiting rumors

Also, the what if game is nothing but conjecture.
MV beat Phoebus 7 years ago almost. MV had two Piedmont Coach of the Years on their staff, 3 division 1 signees, a host of D2 & D3 guys, one of the most potent offenses and defenses of the decade in Class 3, two state championship rings, beat James Monroe, Lafayette, Northside (led by Buffalo Bills’ DL Carlos Basham), and went to the 757 and beat a very good Phoebus team.

Any reasonable person would know those two MV state championship teams or Highland Springs or Oscar Smith or those two very good Salem & Lake Taylor teams in 2015/2016 wasn’t beating DeMatha. DeMatha is a national powerhouse and one kid doesn’t make or break their program. They also had Chase Young on their team that year as well along with 20+ other D1 kids.

Reactions: falcettik
My sister is an educator and she has told me the original intentions of IEPs were good, but they have now morphed into a layer of protection for bad behavior and suffering consequences while the one's that want to learn end up receiving 25% of the resources and the behavioral problem students consume 75% or more. And we wonder why China and Russia's youth are light years ahead of our students. Those 2 countries do not tolerate the bad behavior, and 25 years into the future, their societies benefit from it.
Russia and China huh?
Those that are left may benefit.
After a good old ethnic cleansing

There's recruiting and then there's recruiting like the big boys. I know for a fact that the larger programs in VA recruit, but not like an IMG. So, which is it here?

Virginia doesn't need six classifications. That's part of the problem. Pare it down to four or five and make them play up.
I always get accused of wanting to hand out participation trophies whenever I bring up that we only need 4 classifications..

Less than 400 1A
401-750 2A
751-1450 3A
1451 and above 4A

I always get accused of wanting to hand out participation trophies whenever I bring up that we only need 4 classifications..

Less than 400 1A
401-750 2A
751-1450 3A
1451 and above 4A
My personal preference would be 5 classes for football.

Reactions: mmqp 5.0
Yeah, they could easily cut it down to four. About half the size of North Carolina.
The worst I've seen is Maryland. They dropped from a ten game season to a nine game season and I think everyone now makes the playoffs. Take about participation trophies smh.

Of course you end up with 0-9 Hancock taking on Allegany and stuff like that in the first round.

Reactions: -COUNTRY-CLUB-JOE-
Four or five seems about right for Virginia. Of course I don't know all the factors that go into those decisions behind the scenes with the other sports, traveling, etc. But if you're going to let privates play, that's one way you can somewhat even the playing field.

Honestly can't imagine a school like LCA drawing a lot of interest from top talent. That's not a knock on them. Just not a big school that's going to offer that kind of exposure, but I guess at that level, a few impactful transfers can make a difference.

Reactions: VolNation85
Could buy five happening (although seems doubtful, VHSL most likely in favor of more playoffs because that = more $$$), you'll never see four.

Every state has their own answer and they all somehow manage to be wrong, it seems. Texas has its population and a whole 7A meanwhile Georgia has 10.8 million people (Virginia is at 8.5 million) and does 8A. Virginia has enjoyed its 6 title games for many years at this point, it seems unlikely to really change. IIWII.

Reactions: -COUNTRY-CLUB-JOE-
Could buy five happening (although seems doubtful, VHSL most likely in favor of more playoffs because that = more $$$), you'll never see four.

Every state has their own answer and they all somehow manage to be wrong, it seems. Texas has its population and a whole 7A meanwhile Georgia has 10.8 million people (Virginia is at 8.5 million) and does 8A. Virginia has enjoyed its 6 title games for many years at this point, it seems unlikely to really change. IIWII.

Think South Carolina added a playoff game iirc for that reason when they went from seven (which was insane) to five. Wasn't sure if that's what you meant earlier by expansion. But in any event, you're probably right in that $$$ has a lot to do with it.

T

Texas does 6A with two classification splits, div 1/2 . They are flirting with the idea of 7A and they also play 6man football in the smaller schools outside of those 1A-6A. Like you said each state has its own problem to solve because of the population shifts and overcrowding/under filling of schools.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT