ADVERTISEMENT

LCA vs Phantoms

LOL well obviously they use the stadium but that only one facility, not multiple "facilities" as you stated. And their weight room and other facilities aren't anything special honestly. There are several other area public schools that have better weight room, etc.
So the other team sports don't use the track, baseball and softball fields?

Thats true but to be honest Phoebus hasn’t been Phoebus since the 2012 team. 3A has never honestly played the traditional Phoebus team. Finally after all these years of honestly over achieving we are back to the talent levels we had from 2001-2012. Blunt got the trust of these parents and they are bringing them back to Phoebus. I’m not just talking when I say we are loaded this year. Good luck to all teams because we are honestly not even paying attention to anyone outside 757 right now. And I beg you please don’t bring up that Blacksburg L again…by far one of the worst L’s in program history.
Found that game on Youtube. Beck tore y'all up.

Yep! And it's a strong possibility they will drop to Class 2 in the next cycle based on current ADM numbers.
Unfortunately I guess I should have seen that one coming from a mile away. I was staunchly against them joining the VHSL back in the day but those feelings had cooled due to that 1.5 multiplier. I assume they had something to do with that multiplier going away? I dont want to punish them for having success but at the same time that multiplier was critical to keeping everyone on a fair playing ground.

No they don't, LCA have fields for those sports. Not sure about track but the others yes.
They have the grass fields that are not too far from the field Turf fields. More likely than not they use the track. If they use the football stadium why would they not use baseball and softball sometimes? Not to mention their are several other fields to practice on. Sure they are well maintained. I'm curious how they operate to be honest and how anyone would think that they would not have an advantage over Heritage and Glass for kids that want to transfer?

So the other team sports don't use the track, baseball and softball fields?
Nope. LCA has their own indoor track, baseball, and softball fields. The only reason they use LU for games is because they don't have a stadium with visitor stands for varsity football.

Thats true but to be honest Phoebus hasn’t been Phoebus since the 2012 team. 3A has never honestly played the traditional Phoebus team. Finally after all these years of honestly over achieving we are back to the talent levels we had from 2001-2012. Blunt got the trust of these parents and they are bringing them back to Phoebus. I’m not just talking when I say we are loaded this year. Good luck to all teams because we are honestly not even paying attention to anyone outside 757 right now. And I beg you please don’t bring up that Blacksburg L again…by far one of the worst L’s in program history.
Lol, that Blacksburg loss wasn't as bad because they got hot at the right time. The Kings Fork loss still haunts me to this day. We had a great line and Marshawn Williams running the ball. To this day I still wonder what could've been if Terrell "TT" Tolliver had started the entire season instead of Joe Addison. We had Robbie Robinson, Troy Durham at WRs. Geesh!

Reactions: gwb16 and SFUWO
Nope. LCA has their own indoor track, baseball, and softball fields. The only reason they use LU for games is because they don't have a stadium with visitor stands for varsity football.
Do they not run outdoor track in the Spring?

I think you are missing my point. LCA has multiple fields near their school that can be used without using LU game facilities. Those fields along with an indoor track and the ability to use the football stadium is a huge advantage. Not to mention they are in better condition than most schools. Looks like they have a nice gym too. LU track is great also. VHSL has used the track for meets for at least 30 years. I see no reason why LCA would not be allowed to use the track. Overall LCA has better facilities than most public schools. The football stadium alone is better than any other high school team in the state and would be a huge advantage to obtain kids that want to transfer.

LOL well obviously they use the stadium but that only one facility, not multiple "facilities" as you stated. And their weight room and other facilities aren't anything special honestly. There are several other area public schools that have better weight room, etc.
Where does the tennis teams play?

Where does the tennis teams play?
On their own tennis courts. I wouldn't trade LCAs practice fields for what ECG and HHS practices on. JF and Amherst practice on their turf game fields, Rustburg has multiple fields albeit a decent walk from their locker room. Why are you trying to create something that isn't there? LCA doesn't have multiple fields to practice on and as @VolNation85 stated their football facility doesn't have visitor bleachers and is used for jv games.

Reactions: VolNation85

Do they use the old indoor track in the old Erickson building?

Reactions: VolNation85
Do they use the old indoor track in the old Erickson building?
My point is that they have all their own facilities and get to use some of LU. Salem for ex only has tennis, basketball gym and outdoor track. All the other facilities are owned by the city. Salem also has to use Roanoke college indoor track

I think you are missing my point. LCA has multiple fields near their school that can be used without using LU game facilities. Those fields along with an indoor track and the ability to use the football stadium is a huge advantage. Not to mention they are in better condition than most schools. Looks like they have a nice gym too. LU track is great also. VHSL has used the track for meets for at least 30 years. I see no reason why LCA would not be allowed to use the track. Overall LCA has better facilities than most public schools. The football stadium alone is better than any other high school team in the state and would be a huge advantage to obtain kids that want to transfer.
I don't know where you live but I'm going to guess that you are not familiar with the schools in the Lynchburg area. Yes they have multiple practice fields but so does Brookville, JF, Rustburg, Liberty- Bedford, etc. Yes, their gym is "nice" but it doesn't come close to comparing to that of Heritage, Amherst or EC Glass. Heritage also has an indoor track as well that is part of their new $80 million school. Let's not start on the weight room. The coaches and players at LCA would give an arm and leg to have the type of weight room that Amherst, Glass, Heritage, and JF have. LCA facilities are average to below average compared to other schools in the area.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
I don't know where you live but I'm going to guess that you are not familiar with the schools in the Lynchburg area. Yes they have multiple practice fields but so does Brookville, JF, Rustburg, Liberty- Bedford, etc. Yes, their gym is "nice" but it doesn't come close to comparing to that of Heritage, Amherst or EC Glass. Heritage also has an indoor track as well that is part of their new $80 million school. Let's not start on the weight room. The coaches and players at LCA would give an arm and leg to have the type of weight room that Amherst, Glass, Heritage, and JF have. LCA facilities are average to below average compared to other schools in the area.
So where is the practice field for the Bee's or do they use stinger stadium? Maybe they use the baseball field. Looks like heritage use to practice on the baseball field until they got the addition done. JF doesn't have multiple practice fields from my memory. More than likely football practices on their field and I think they had a softball field. So that's 2 fields and tennis courts. Very small seating as well for football. EC Glass doesn't have multiple practice fields. They have a field with a track around it that is used for football and soccer. One baseball field and one softball field. Amherst is the same as well. Been there several times. Amherst does have a soccer field next to baseball and softball fields. Now Rustburg has alot of Fields but they belong to Abbott-Duncan Rec.
Liberty has the usual track around field along with baseball and softball.
Then LCA has a soccer field with a new Jason Brown athletic complex. A baseball field and softball field that looks to be in great shape. The gym is all you need not to mention they use portable goals that are better than the usual goals in highschool gyms.
I don't know much about the weight rooms with the exception of JF. I know they have a top notch weight room.
I do like City stadium

Heritage new renovation looks great.

My point is that they have all their own facilities and get to use some of LU. Salem for ex only has tennis, basketball gym and outdoor track. All the other facilities are owned by the city. Salem also has to use Roanoke college indoor track
Was simply asking if that was the track they used, wasn't trying to counter your point at all.
I know it's the old LU track but not used by them any longer.

Reactions: SFUWO
If a kid transfers to LCA from a Bedford/Campbell County school, do they still have to sit out 365 days like they would if they transferred from one public to another without a corresponding change in address?

Lol, that Blacksburg loss wasn't as bad because they got hot at the right time. The Kings Fork loss still haunts me to this day. We had a great line and Marshawn Williams running the ball. To this day I still wonder what could've been if Terrell "TT" Tolliver had started the entire season instead of Joe Addison. We had Robbie Robinson, Troy Durham at WRs. Geesh!

Yeah man Marshawn got hurt against KF and it was over because he was literally 95% of the offense. Worst part about that loss is KF lost to Heritage the next week! TT Toliver easily one of the biggest what ifs/bust in recent 757 history. Never played HS past sophomore year after being a stud freshman. The next year 2014 when we went like 8-4 i thought it was over for the program. Blown out by Lake Taylor and 2 Pd L’s to heritage and kecoughtan to finish year. I bring that year up because the worst loss in recent program history was that year 35-0 to some unknown school in Richmond.

If a kid transfers to LCA from a Bedford/Campbell County school, do they still have to sit out 365 days like they would if they transferred from one public to another without a corresponding change in address?
I don’t know but I can tell you their starting QB came from the county, did not move or sit out a year.

Yes unless they can provide an address within the LCA/Heritage zone. Technically they are supposed to physically reside within the zone but all you really need is an address within the zone. Technically they are supposed to sit out 365 days if they transfer from anywhere and don't make a physical move, unless they transfer from Heritage which shares a zone with them.

Last edited:
Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Yes unless they can provide an address within the LCA/Heritage zone. Technically they are supposed to physically reside within the zone but all you really need is an address within the zone. Technically they are supposed to sit out 365 days if they transfer from anywhere and don't make a physical move, unless they transfer from Heritage which shares a zone with them.
I can’t speak to their other transfers, but I can say their starting QB from Bedford county never moved and did not sit out for 365 days.

I can’t speak to their other transfers, but I can say their starting QB from Bedford county never moved and did not sit out for 365 days.
I know of a few others as well. I guess they found someone with an address within the zone. It helps when the person solely responsible for reporting those things is also the AD/HC.

There is supposed to be a VHSL form that both schools have to sign off on for a transfer. But I know that all schools do not always follow that protocol.

I know of a few others as well. I guess they found someone with an address within the zone. It helps when the person solely responsible for reporting those things is also the AD/
That’s the thing, I can’t verify the specifics of how they recruit, though I’ve heard plenty of stories from kids they’ve attempted to get to transfer. It happens and it’s wrong, and I don’t think anyone is trying to dispute that, though there have been plenty of attempts to shrug it off as insignificant because some other schools do it as well(super faulty logic IMO but I digress). But this issue with their current QB is verifiable. There is simply no way that the staff is unaware that they are below board on that - And that’s really the main thing that annoys me personally. They have a “we explicitly represent christian values, you should come here” hat and a “we’re just like any other school” hat and seem to oscillate between the two when it’s convenient.

Yeah man Marshawn got hurt against KF and it was over because he was literally 95% of the offense. Worst part about that loss is KF lost to Heritage the next week! TT Toliver easily one of the biggest what ifs/bust in recent 757 history. Never played HS past sophomore year after being a stud freshman. The next year 2014 when we went like 8-4 i thought it was over for the program. Blown out by Lake Taylor and 2 Pd L’s to heritage and kecoughtan to finish year. I bring that year up because the worst loss in recent program history was that year 35-0 to some unknown school in Richmond.
LOL, Monacan was not that unknown that year. They were up and coming and is still relevant today. That was a really bad Phoebus team that year. Tolliver could've been special. He's actually doing pretty well for himself these days. He has a job as an assistant manager at a clothing store ( DTLR, I believe). That's a lot better than roaming the streets and being unproductive. I believe had they been able to stick with TT at QB that year Marshawn wouldn't have to have as heavy a load to carry.

Back to the topic. LCA is looking like the odds on favorite out west. Region A will be hell to get out of. Imagine having to possibly play a first round home game against a Lake Taylor team that somehow figures things out ( I still don't put anything past Hank Sawyer)! Booker T looks like a solid darkhorse. You still have Hopewell and Lafayette the last two Class 3 State Champions. If Phoebus makes it to Lynchburg we'll definitely be battled tested especially when you throw in the experience of playing an Oscar Smith right before the playoffs.

Reactions: fattyhawk2013
I can assure you that Oscar Smith is expecting a battle. What most people don't realize about those several state titles that Phoebus won, is that they were always playing up in class! Most of those titles were vs schools with almost double in size! When the VHSL began all the 6 class adjustments, they denied Phoebus request to continue playing in the bigger classifications.

I can assure you that Oscar Smith is expecting a battle. What most people don't realize about those several state titles that Phoebus won, is that they were always playing up in class! Most of those titles were vs schools with almost double in size! When the VHSL began all the 6 class adjustments, they denied Phoebus request to continue playing in the bigger classifications.
Classification doesn't matter when your a great team. I've seen Div 6 champs Lose to Div 4 semifinalists

Reactions: LionNation540
We have heard this before. Remember Blacksburg? LCA will have something for anybody if they come out of the west. The Seminole District is the best District in the state. Bar none!

They have the grass fields that are not too far from the field Turf fields. More likely than not they use the track. If they use the football stadium why would they not use baseball and softball sometimes? Not to mention their are several other fields to practice on. Sure they are well maintained. I'm curious how they operate to be honest and how anyone would think that they would not have an advantage over Heritage and Glass for kids that want to transfer?
You have to throw in all the Seminole District and Dogwood District schools that have kids that are going to LCA. If a parent wants to send their kid to a private Christian school, it is their right to do so. But the Christian School should not be allowed to compete in the VHSL. Just my thought on the deal.

You have to throw in all the Seminole District and Dogwood District schools that have kids that are going to LCA. If a parent wants to send their kid to a private Christian school, it is their right to do so. But the Christian School should not be allowed to compete in the VHSL. Just my thought on the deal.
This is exactly where I stand on this. I have no issues with kids transferring schools. LCA should not be in C3

Reactions: bowlingref
This is exactly my feelings! If a parent wants their child to have a Christian education, I'm all for that. I'm all for that kid being able to play sports offered by the school as well. I do think they should have to play in their own conference, especially for titles.

Reactions: wikki and SFUWO
This is exactly my feelings! If a parent wants their child to have a Christian education, I'm all for that. I'm all for that kid being able to play sports offered by the school as well. I do think they should have to play in their own conference, especially for titles.
Whats it cost to goto LCA now?

Reactions: bowlingref
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT