ADVERTISEMENT

LCA vs Phantoms

It really doesn't matter at that point of the season. The better team will win the game. The venue doesn't matter. All the home teams didn't win in the Spring
Well sure it's possible, it isn't a sure thing we all get that; but it does matter. Who doesn't like to have home field advantage in the playoffs?

Well sure it's possible, it isn't a sure thing we all get that; but it does matter. Who doesn't like to have home field advantage in the playoffs?
It's nice to play at home but there's really no advantage other than the drive. If Phoebus makes it to the Finals against LCA do you really think it matters that the game is at LU? I don't think it will matter.

It's nice to play at home but there's really no advantage other than the drive. If Phoebus makes it to the Finals against LCA do you really think it matters that the game is at LU? I don't think it will matter.
I think it matters for when you factor in nerves and the familiar setting can help with that.
Not a guarantee for sure but I think it matters to a degree.
Same locker room,....
Not the end all be all but its a plus for them.

I think it matters for when you factor in nerves and the familiar setting can help with that.
Same locker room,....
Of course “home field advantage” is a thing or we wouldn’t have a common term for it. To what extent it matters is where the discussion should be but the idea that it makes zero difference is silly.

Reactions: oldfool2
Same locker room,....
I think it matters, ask the fans and the players.

None of that bs matters. Salem went to one of the most hostile places in the state and beat the hell out of Lake Taylor in the Spring. So did Stone Bridge in Richmond. Let’s stop making emotional statements and look at facts.

Reactions: gwb16 and SFUWO
Of course “home field advantage” is a thing or we wouldn’t have a common term for it. To what extent it matters is where the discussion should be but the idea that it makes zero difference is silly.
This is my stance for a state title game. The refs are from a different region. No advantage for either team. They will not know the tendencies of that crew. Crowd won't be a factor for Phoebus. Might even energize them. Home field matters because you don't have to travel to the game. Your also in a familiar setting but this doesn't win games.

This is my stance for a state title game. The refs are from a different region. No advantage for either team. They will not know the tendencies of that crew. Crowd won't be a factor for Phoebus. Might even energize them. Home field matters because you don't have to travel to the game. Your also in a familiar setting but this doesn't win games.
Agree. Just don't think you can say that it's actually neutral for them.
Not a game changer but the rest are played on a neutral field for a reason.

Reactions: SFUWO
Agree. Just don't think you can say that it's actually neutral for them.
Not a game changer but the rest are played on a neutral field for a reason.
One reason for a neutral sight is with the field. The home team can do whatever they want to the field if it's grass. Grow it long, keep it short, it keep it muddy. None of these are issues with field Turf

Reactions: Bo Bob
One reason for a neutral sight is with the field. The home team can do whatever they want to the field if it's grass. Grow it long, keep it short, it keep it muddy. None of these are issues with field Turf
Good point!

Reactions: SFUWO
None of that bs matters. Salem went to one of the most hostile places in the state and beat the hell out of Lake Taylor in the Spring. So did Stone Bridge in Richmond. Let’s stop making emotional statements and look at facts.
Stone Bridge played at Hampton University, not Richmond. Salem beat Lake Taylor by one score. They didn't beat the hell of Lake Taylor. If LCA makes it and Phoebus makes it, it will be a good game but LCA would in my opinion have home field advantage as Phoebus would if they played in Hampton. But I understand where you are coming from. Phoebus plays the number team in the state this Friday in Oscar Smith on their field. It doesn't get any tougher for that; and Phoebus lobbied for that game, so in essence they have Bo's mindset.

Stone Bridge played at Hampton University, not Richmond. Salem beat Lake Taylor by one score. They didn't beat the hell of Lake Taylor. If LCA makes it and Phoebus makes it, it will be a good game but LCA would in my opinion have home field advantage as Phoebus would if they played in Hampton. But I understand where you are coming from. Phoebus plays the number team in the state this Friday in Oscar Smith on their field. It doesn't get any tougher for that; and Phoebus lobbied for that game, so in essence they have Bo's mindset.
Actually Stone Bridge and Highland Springs played at Varina for the championship while the Springers new school was wrapping up construction.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
You don’t know what you’re talking about, Stone Bridge played a highly favored Highland Springs team at Varina, which is literally 4 miles from their school. Lake Taylor hosted Salem in Norfolk and the score wasn’t as close as the 8 point win. Salem beat the brakes off those guys.

You don’t know what you’re talking about, Stone Bridge played a highly favored Highland Springs team at Varina, which is literally 4 miles from their school. Lake Taylor hosted Salem in Norfolk and the score wasn’t as close as the 8 point win. Salem beat the brakes off those guys.
Yeah somebody didn't watch the game

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
As big as Williams Stadium is at LU, 5,000 people there and its only half full. Not really a loud crowd for anyone. Been to a few LCA games there. Really not a lot of crowd influence at all.

As big as Williams Stadium is at LU, 5,000 people there and its only half full. Not really a loud crowd for anyone. Been to a few LCA games there. Really not a lot of crowd influence at all.
I'm surprised they don't have a larger number of support from the fans since they are winning the way they are.

I'm surprised they don't have a larger number of support from the fans since they are winning the way they are.
Crowds at High School football games have been dwindling for some time. In this area, York with 1 loss at undefeated Warhill , the York side bleachers were only about half full at Wanner Stadium in Williamsburg.

Reactions: SFUWO and lyhsports
yes I am. Its always a big hit. We will have a full spread as always. Us three booster ladies do all the cooking, we even make the desserts.
I really want to see the glass game but i may have to come see amherst just to get some of that world famous soup.

I really want to see the glass game but i may have to come see amherst just to get some of that world famous soup.
Amherst boosters host the state game each year at LU. lol. We stay all day for the 3A game and then the 4A game. We really enjoy it

Reactions: oldfool2
When Heritage played state game there in 2018 your soup was not available to public.

When Heritage played state game there in 2018 your soup was not available to public.
of course not. I'm only human. We only cook for the coaches and personnel for the 4 teams. WE are in the suite.

I would be careful extrapolating that game with Smith vs Phoebus... To how the Phantoms will perform in the playoffs. If you'd watched the Bosco vs Smith game people would wonder how that team could compete for a State Title!? But Smith is simply on a different level than other teams in VA.. Tonight they played Pheobus at an extremely high level.. Probably as well or better than they played vs S. County in May!!

Once Phoebus switched QB's it was too late but the backup performed pretty well.. He was a lot more accurate & moved the ball. The Phantoms will be fine..

I would be careful extrapolating that game with Smith vs Phoebus... To how the Phantoms will perform in the playoffs. If you'd watched the Bosco vs Smith game people would wonder how that team could compete for a State Title!? But Smith is simply on a different level than other teams in VA.. Tonight they played Pheobus at an extremely high level.. Probably as well or better than they played vs S. County in May!!

Once Phoebus switched QB's it was too late but the backup performed pretty well.. He was a lot more accurate & moved the ball. The Phantoms will be fine..
I’m not even thinking about Smith when I say this. Y’all will see

You guys are making a major, major mistake by counting out Lafayette, and just assuming Phoebus wins that region. You should know better. Lafayette can win that football game, and eliminate Phoebus long before any contest with LCA. Now, I'm not saying Lafayette wins, but a close game down the stretch? Not a shocker or big surprise at all. Lafayette is still Lafayette, and the team they lost to might be the best 2A team in the State of Virginia along with Appomattox and Graham.

Reactions: 757FridayNiteZ
You guys are making a major, major mistake by counting out Lafayette, and just assuming Phoebus wins that region. You should know better. Lafayette can win that football game, and eliminate Phoebus long before any contest with LCA. Now, I'm not saying Lafayette wins, but a close game down the stretch? Not a shocker or big surprise at all. Lafayette is still Lafayette, and the team they lost to might be the best 2A team in the State of Virginia along with Appomattox and Graham.
I’m not sure what Lafayette can do this year in the playoffs. The two losses were poor play, defense against KW snd both sides of the ball last night against a Warhill team I saw play three times and didn’t come away that impressed. But the preseason injuries to three starters from last year (One all region) snd three transfers of starters from last year has definitely created some holes that are hard to replace snd its evident. We shall see.

Is anybody else surprised Brookville beating Rustburg by a score of 7 to 0 ? Brookville should have won by two to three touchdowns.

Reactions: wikki
They just loss for the second time this year. Phoebus, a 3A team just loss to a 6A team that are defending state champions and #1 team in the state. Hell York is good too and also a well coached Lake Taylor can make noise. Lafayette can make noise too but despite the loss Phoebus will be fine in 3A.

Reactions: 757FridayNiteZ
They just loss for the second time this year. Phoebus, a 3A team just loss to a 6A team that are defending state champions and #1 team in the state. Hell York is good too and also a well coached Lake Taylor can make noise. Lafayette can make noise too but despite the loss Phoebus will be fine in 3A.
I don’t see Lafayette, York or LT beating or staying that close to Phoebus in region A. Lafayette’s defense is suspect, York is one dimensional on offense and LT too inconsistent.

Brookville is very banged up right now. They’re essentially down to backups.
Spot on lyhsports. They would be fortunate to even make it to the second round and may be gone after the first round. Need some of those starters back to have any chance to advance in the playoffs.

Reactions: lyhsports
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT