ADVERTISEMENT

LCA will win lawsuit against VHSL.

GilliamRatings

VaPreps All State
Jun 5, 2001
Orange, Virginia
VHSL will settle this somehow. They do not have the money to fight it in court. Within 5 years of this going into effect, public schools will win no more than 25% of state titles as various private schools will specialize in being great at various sports to ensure they can recruit great students.

However, it's over. Public schools will lose. Whatever rules are in place will be changed to accommodate the private schools, or the private schools will get around by hook or by crook.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
VHSL will settle this somehow. They do not have the money to fight it in court. Within 5 years of this going into effect, public schools will win no more than 25% of state titles as various private schools will specialize in being great at various sports to ensure they can recruit great students.

However, it's over. Public schools will lose. Whatever rules are in place will be changed to accommodate the private schools, or the private schools will get around by hook or by crook.

Agree 100%. The Privates will win and eventually rule VA HS Football because they'll be able to buy the Trophy with quality recruits from around the Country. They'll practically be fielding College level teams, year after year.

Spent two years in southern Louisiana in the late 90's and saw this first hand. The recruiting was so blatant it was crazy. The recruiters came to the high schools and targeted the best athletes. And the worse part is they did a great job getting who they wanted … at least for the two years I was there.

It's the story in every state with private schools playing in the same league with public schools. There will be a private school or two that is dominant in each and every sport. Some will specialize in lacrosse, some in football, and some in gymnastics. Then they will use the publicity they get from their state titles to recruit kids. They'll give a few scholarships to stud athletes and they'll use rich parents of the other students to buy equipment and facilities that the public schools can't keep up with.

Agree 100%. The Privates will win and eventually rule VA HS Football because they'll be able to buy the Trophy with quality recruits from around the Country. They'll practically be fielding College level teams, year after year.
This actually makes me sick

Buy the trophy is exactly why they will win.

Other than the recruiting, will they still have to follow the VHSL rules?

Other than the recruiting, will they still have to follow the VHSL rules?

Negotiated settlement. We'll have to wait for the final outcome to see. Even recruiting is up in the air and I believe the VHSL will do all they can to limit this. That's their job but I think their legal position is weak. Still, once they have their foot in the door and with their virtually unlimited resources, the Privates will soon rule the roost. That's just the way I see it. Truly hope I'm wrong.

Reactions: wikki
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT