ADVERTISEMENT

Let’s Go Dinwiddie!!!

28-7 Glenville 4:11 2nd quarter

Glenville has completely dominated the 2nd quarter with big plays.

This is obviously not a regular high school team. Everyone on glenville will play college football. I didn’t realize it was an all star team vs a regular high school team. Don’t think any team in VA could even come close to this team.

Also this announcer is annoying me

This is obviously not a regular high school team. Everyone on glenville will play college football. I didn’t realize it was an all star team vs a regular high school team. Don’t think any team in VA could even come close to this team.
It’s a public school in Ohio with a lot of history. I just think they have better talent it just is what it is. Dinwiddie is very small this year but still should be good in 4A in VA

Also this announcer is annoying me

Regular team, just different tier. VA is a third-tier football state (tho near or at the top of said tier). Ohio is an upper second-tier state for football.

Same reason St John Bosco pantsed an OS team that was the best in the state that year. VA is nowhere near the be-all, end-all of HS football.

Yep tough sledding for Dinwiddie here. The losses defensively are definitely hurting but I wouldn't worry too much yet. Last years teams would've been a lot more even. Feel very confident in saying no C4 team is on Glenville level.

Reactions: lyhsports
It’s a public school in Ohio with a lot of history.
Most of their players attend a charter school run by the coach (Ginn Academy) rather than Glenville High.

Despite having many loaded teams over the years, Glenville was never able to get over the hump when they played in the large-school divisions. The division they play in now is the equivalent of Class 2 in VA in terms of enrollment....it's basically a John Marshall basketball deal.

Regular team, just different tier. VA is a third-tier football state (tho near or at the top of said tier). Ohio is an upper second-tier state for football.

Same reason St John Bosco pantsed an OS team that was the best in the state that year. VA is nowhere near the be-all, end-all of HS football.
Bosco is not a public school. OS never had a chance.

Well I respect everyone’s opinion but I do not believe these are just the zoned kids that live in the Glenville zone.
Most of their players attend a charter school run by the coach (Ginn Academy) rather than Glenville High.

Despite having many loaded teams over the years, Glenville was never able to get over the hump when they played in the large-school divisions. The division they play in now is the equivalent of Class 2 in VA in terms of enrollment....it's basically a John Marshall basketball deal.
absolutely, the insinuation that this is a team full of neighborhood kids is outrageous

Reactions: Scalvinscaliwag
Well I respect everyone’s opinion but I do not believe these are just the zoned kids that live in the Glenville zone.

absolutely, the insinuation that this is a team full of neighborhood kids is outrageous
They are ranked #9 in Ohio but #1 in Division IV

Bosco is not a public school. OS never had a chance.

But that's high level Cali ball, it's private schools on top of private schools. They can go play Katy or SLC or North Shore, which are public Texas schools, and OS would get rolled, too. Different world out there, people just need to be cognizant of this fact.

But that's high level Cali ball, it's private schools on top of private schools. They can go play Katy or SLC or North Shore, which are public Texas schools, and OS would get rolled, too. Different world out there, people just need to be cognizant of this fact.
Even the high-level Texas publics can't compete with the big-time privates, I watched Mater Dei play Duncanville a couple years ago and it was a total annihilation. Just a different level when you are drawing from that big a population.

That said, I agree that no VA team is beating a top public from a power state.

Reactions: SFUWO
This game was oddly similar to the State Championship game in 2008 played at Virginia Tech. We had a very good team, but Phoebus was simply better. Beat us 37-13 and it wasn't even close. Same type of athletes too. Hopefully, this loss will serve us well as we maneuver the rest of our regular season games. Harry Dalton and Rafael Tucker will be a handful for our opponents defenses and I don't expect our defense to be physically dominated like they were tonight. I thought a 8-2 or 7-3 season was our landing spot and I still feel the same way.

Last edited:
I watch all those schools. They grab players from all over. Dunncanville would roll anyone in VA. You are comparing the top teams in the nation with VA schools. None are top 40 much less top 10

Even the high-level Texas publics can't compete with the big-time privates, I watched Mater Dei play Duncanville a couple years ago and it was a total annihilation. Just a different level when you are drawing from that big a population.

That said, I agree that no VA team is beating a top public from a power state.
Mater Dei would beat anyone in VA, NC, MD and WV by 50+. I saw the Dunncanville highlights too. Dei shut them down

Rough game started good but that 2nd quarter mistakes killed us back to back drives with a fumble and int which resulted in 15 points. The thing I’m proud of is 0 points in the second half those guys fought an showed resolve. No injuries too. You learn about about a team from these type of games an I learned a lot tonight especially from the defense. OLine played decent but I feel like once we get out 2 guys back we will be better. GW next week time to regroup an respond! #BLEEDNAVY

Rough game started good but that 2nd quarter mistakes killed us back to back drives with a fumble and int which resulted in 15 points. The thing I’m proud of is 0 points in the second half those guys fought an showed resolve. No injuries too. You learn about about a team from these type of games an I learned a lot tonight especially from the defense. OLine played decent but I feel like once we get out 2 guys back we will be better. GW next week time to regroup an respond! #BLEEDNAVY
Oline had injuries?

This game was oddly similar to the State Championship game in 2008 played at Virginia Tech. We had a very good team, but Phoebus was simply better. Beat us 37-13 and it wasn't even close. Same type of athletes too. Hopefully, this loss will serve us well as we maneuver the rest of our regular season games. Harry Dalton and Rafael Tucker will be a handful for our opponents defenses and I don't expect our defense to be physically dominated like they were tonight. I thought a 8-2 or 7-3 season was our landing spot and I still feel the same way.

Don't know your schedule, where do you see 1-2 more losses? Don't see any way Dinwiddie plays fewer than 13 games. Would imagine your loss total for the whole season ends in a 1 or a 2.

Maury will be a tough get, but we do play them at home. With the exception of Phoebus in 2010, the 757 hasn't had much luck against us at our place. Thomas Dale is very good on both sides of the ball and with the exception of last season our games are generally close. Although we hold dominating records over Matoaca and Hopewell under Coach Mills we can't overlook either team. People may not take me serious on this, but I have terrible phobia that started in the late 70's about playing GW Danville in Danville. Not saying we will lose. I just think the Eagles have improved and hopefully they will not catch us with jet lag. If we bounce back like I think, the next few games will get us ready for a very tough stretch of Maury, Hopewell, and Thomas Dale.

Maury will be a tough get, but we do play them at home. With the exception of Phoebus in 2010, the 757 hasn't had much luck against us at our place. Thomas Dale is very good on both sides of the ball and with the exception of last season our games are generally close. Although we hold dominating records over Matoaca and Hopewell under Coach Mills we can't overlook either team. People may not take me serious on this, but I have terrible phobia that started in the late 70's about playing GW Danville in Danville. Not saying we will lose. I just think the Eagles have improved and hopefully they will not catch us with jet lag. If we bounce back like I think, the next few games will get us ready for a very tough stretch of Maury, Hopewell, and Thomas Dale.

OK, yea, Maury I wasn't aware of, I would probably forecast that as a loss, now I understand. Looking at your history with TD I can see your concerns but they only seem to be able to get Dinwiddie when you guys are down *and* they're up (and usually considerably up at that). 2019 is the only time Dinwiddie has played 13+ games in a season and lost to TD, if you think your team is of that quality, I'd still bet on Dinwiddie.

Yes, the central district will be no cakewalk for dinwiddie or any team this year. Dale is tough matoaca has all kinds of talent and hopewell has athletes, speed and talent all over the place. have seen Dale and hopewell scrimmages and both look solid. But we'll see anything can happen.

Reactions: BleedingNavy
Thanks again for all the support. We were simply undersized and overmatched. Im not overly concerned about things going forward, but there is work to be done. We shall see how the Generals react next week against GW Danville.
My friend, warning people is pointless because they don't care until it is too late. Last season I brought up the topic of Virginia high schools playing against teams like this because I am against it. Since Warren Buffet got involved in high school football something changed. First it is now big business. Second is that there are insane amounts of money being pumped into it. The top high school programs in America are small college operations and produce players that can bulldoze even the best teams in any state. Playing against them can be dangerous and it is pointless. There is nothing for Dinwiddie to gain from getting smashed in 1 quarter. Freedom plays Dematha. My experience with the Stags between 2015-16 is that they were extremely overrated back then. The loss in value for Freedom comes in do they receive credit towards their season? Are they getting paid? Finally, history should be a constant teachable moment. Phoebus played Dematha in a competitive match. The real loss came afterwards when Dematha convinced Robbie Robinson's family to leave Hampton for Hyattsville, Maryland. It seems that Virginia high school football fans believe that the only time losing a player of his caliber matters is when their team loses such a player. If you know the coaching staff of Freedom warn them to be very careful with Dematha, from the Athletic Director to the guy that handles their dirty laundry, and to hold onto their players hands tightly. These people held a game "honoring" veterans in 2015 and then accused a visiting veteran of spying for one of their rivals after they stole one of the fastest Phantoms to ever don the blue and gold.

Reactions: CRF4Dan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT