ADVERTISEMENT

Let’s Go Dinwiddie!!!

Maury will be a tough get, but we do play them at home. With the exception of Phoebus in 2010, the 757 hasn't had much luck against us at our place.
Maury is really a bad matchup for y’all this year. The transfers they got in really put them over the top and if they don’t win D5 this year with no HSHS in their way i will be shocked.

But I’m curious who from the 757 has came up to Dinwiddie to play? Warwick was VERY overrated last year. I knew y’all would do them like y’all did.

Maury is really a bad matchup for y’all this year. The transfers they got in really put them over the top and if they don’t win D5 this year with no HSHS in their way i will be shocked.

But I’m curious who from the 757 has came up to Dinwiddie to play? Warwick was VERY overrated last year. I knew y’all would do them like y’all did.
Stonebridge is loaded as well. They will probably meet them in Charlottesville.

@1MoreHokie, first let me say I am totally confident in our coaching staff and team. I am always cautious and fairly so with this schedule. It's odd you mentioned 2019, because we had a young team and a very difficult schedule that year as well. GW with the Pooles, North Stafford with their stud rb and QB, Massaponax (good that year). Seemed like everybody we played Hopewell, Prince George, Thomas Dale, was having a stellar year and our defense was very young. Upset Monacan and Eastern View to advance to the regional final and lost to PH-Ashland. This team is very good; however, it is going to take time for our young guys to gel. My predicted regular season record is not a negative reflection period. It is a realistic opinion on the difficult task ahead with the resources available. This is one game and one loss. My Generals will be more than fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: mbonape1

Here's a few off the top of my head. This applies to the Coach Mills era (2005-2023) and includes home, away, and neutral games. Phoebus (2008, 2010), Denbigh (2016, 2017, 2018), Norcom (2013, 2014), Lake Taylor (2013, 2014, 2016), Smithfield (2017, 2018), Lafayette (2016), Jamestown (2013 twice, 2014) Heritage NN (2013), and Warwick (2023). Many of these are playoff games.

Versus 757
Dinwiddie's record at home is 11-1.
Dinwiddie's record away is 4-1 (lost to Lake Taylor in 2014)
Neutral 0-1 (lost to Phoebus in 2008)

Reactions: 1Gensfan
My friend, warning people is pointless because they don't care until it is too late. Last season I brought up the topic of Virginia high schools playing against teams like this because I am against it. Since Warren Buffet got involved in high school football something changed. First it is now big business. Second is that there are insane amounts of money being pumped into it. The top high school programs in America are small college operations and produce players that can bulldoze even the best teams in any state. Playing against them can be dangerous and it is pointless. There is nothing for Dinwiddie to gain from getting smashed in 1 quarter. Freedom plays Dematha. My experience with the Stags between 2015-16 is that they were extremely overrated back then. The loss in value for Freedom comes in do they receive credit towards their season? Are they getting paid? Finally, history should be a constant teachable moment. Phoebus played Dematha in a competitive match. The real loss came afterwards when Dematha convinced Robbie Robinson's family to leave Hampton for Hyattsville, Maryland. It seems that Virginia high school football fans believe that the only time losing a player of his caliber matters is when their team loses such a player. If you know the coaching staff of Freedom warn them to be very careful with Dematha, from the Athletic Director to the guy that handles their dirty laundry, and to hold onto their players hands tightly. These people held a game "honoring" veterans in 2015 and then accused a visiting veteran of spying for one of their rivals after they stole one of the fastest Phantoms to ever don the blue and gold.
@Kenneth Harris, to be honest, I didn't really warn anyone. I have repeatedly stated how proud I am of the AD, coaching staff, school division, community, team, and funding sources for making this happen.

Yes, I expressed concerns about our inexperience in areas, being undersized, and possibly losing home field advantage in the playoffs. My biggest concern was injury and I kept that to myself. I was hopefully optimistic we could play with Glenville, but in my private conversations I did express the possible reality which came to fruition. I believe @mbonape1 can arrest to that.

I cannot disagree with some of your arguments; however, witnessing the excitement and pride in our community surrounding this opportunity was well worth the loss last night. Our fans traveled well, our boys played hard and lost with dignity. Living in today's world is tough. The idea of a one horse town like Dinwiddie taking on a Cleveland All Star team is what movies are made of. Unfortunately, the good guys lost this time. Coach Mills has created a program that encourages a non-discriminatory family of support which has our little neck of the woods believing that anything is possible. Navy Nation is not a bragadotious, hyped up, image. It's a way if life that I fully embrace. God bless my Generals.

I love that Dinwiddie isn’t afraid to strap it up against all odds & be ok with a loss, if that’s how it shakes out. Teaching kids the reality that “there’s always somebody better than you” while simultaneously accepting the challenge without fear. That’s my approach with my students. It’s ok to go in with the goal of winning & not achieve the goal. It prepares you for life. I love it.

Maury will be a tough get, but we do play them at home. With the exception of Phoebus in 2010, the 757 hasn't had much luck against us at our place. Thomas Dale is very good on both sides of the ball and with the exception of last season our games are generally close. Although we hold dominating records over Matoaca and Hopewell under Coach Mills we can't overlook either team. People may not take me serious on this, but I have terrible phobia that started in the late 70's about playing GW Danville in Danville. Not saying we will lose. I just think the Eagles have improved and hopefully they will not catch us with jet lag. If we bounce back like I think, the next few games will get us ready for a very tough stretch of Maury, Hopewell, and Thomas Dale.
Navy...drop me a DM when you can. Thanks!

Well I respect everyone’s opinion but I do not believe these are just the zoned kids that live in the Glenville zone.

absolutely, the insinuation that this is a team full of neighborhood kids is outrageous
Well check out the 8th graders that will be going to Ginn and Glenville next year. The team that played Dinwiddie has been together since they were 5.

I am a bit confused. Please explain to me how these players attend Ginn Academy and play football for Glenville? I see on the Ginn Academy website where the players get class rings and diplomas from Ginn and not Glenville. I guess that's how they do it in Ohio.

Reactions: cavaliers91
I am a bit confused. Please explain to me how these players attend Ginn Academy and play football for Glenville? I see on the Ginn Academy website where the players get class rings and diplomas from Ginn and not Glenville. I guess that's how they do it in Ohio.
From what i was explained, theres a loophole. Schools in ohio that do not offer football (ginn academy) the students can play at the nearest public school (glennville)

I (757 native) recently moved from Missouri (StL area) to Ohio (Dayton area). I was fortunate enough to catch Springfield High School (2x Division 1 State Runner-Up and public school) play St. Ignatius (Cleveland private school powerhouse) last weekend. Springfield beat St. Ig 26-11 in a game that wasn't as close as the score. Granted my sample size is small (1 reg season game and 5 scrimmages) I can confidently say that Ohio football is unquestionably better than VA football. The scrimmages I went to were for Dayton area teams where the football is average at best and even those teams would be damn decent in VA where they are 4-6, 5-5 teams here. The main difference is the size of the lines. You don't see too many 210 lbs O-linemen even at the smaller schools. VA has the athletes to match with most OH schools (save Glenville,Springfield,and the private schools) but the line play is the major difference. Just my 2 pennies....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT