ADVERTISEMENT

Let go Country Boys!!

Hopewell took it on the chin last week against Thomas Dale. Even without C. Tyree, the Knights utilized their running game to wear down the Blue Devils defense. I was impressed with the simplistic game plan by the Dale OC and how he stuck with it to perfection. The Generals don't need to get fancy tonight on offense. Just need to go at them with our three running backs and sound o line. Defensively, we just need to contain the qb and force Walker to earn every yard he gets. Offensively, Hopewell hasn't had a ton of success against the Generals in several years, but they certainly have the weapons to give the boys in navy a game. Will it happen? I doubt it, but this game is always a fun game to see. Good luck to both teams. @Wahoogen we need to get working on some promos.

Maybe your DB’s get some practice this week. I think Hopewell will have trouble getting stops and will not be able convert on offense enough to keep pace. Look for Dinwiddie to be in control midway through the 2nd quarter and coasting by 3rd.

Hopewell took it on the chin last week against Thomas Dale. Even without C. Tyree, the Knights utilized their running game to wear down the Blue Devils defense. I was impressed with the simplistic game plan by the Dale OC and how he stuck with it to perfection. The Generals don't need to get fancy tonight on offense. Just need to go at them with our three running backs and sound o line. Defensively, we just need to contain the qb and force Walker to earn every yard he gets. Offensively, Hopewell hasn't had a ton of success against the Generals in several years, but they certainly have the weapons to give the boys in navy a game. Will it happen? I doubt it, but this game is always a fun game to see. Good luck to both teams. @Wahoogen we need to get working on some promos.
Sounds good Navy! I agree. Nothing fancy. Pound the rock!!! I look for Tyree and Sturdivant to have big games. Navy how bout Peety throwing it last week. I really like what I saw with his arm.No more slow starts! Really need to be physical with Walker and make him earn. Big Pope should really be up for the challenge as both are committed to D1 schools. Walker picked Indiana over my Wahoos so I am interested to watch how he has progressed. Really thought he was going to commit to UVA. Should be a fun one. NAVY NATION lets show up and get loud for the Country Boys tonight! If you plan on sitting make sure you bring your stadium chair or cushion because the visitor side seating is brutal. Won't bother me because I stand the whole game! Starting to get fun!! LETS GO COUNTRY BOYS!!

Navy, I would like to see #30 get in there early, with the first string line. If he gets that initial hole, he will be a load to bring down for the DB's. I know he jukes a little too much sometimes, but part of that is because he is usually running behind the #2's and 3's. I would like to see him get those reps and let him gain more confidence.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT