ADVERTISEMENT

Poor va high

I don’t know much about Richmond area other than what friends out there tell me and they are coaching different sports or administrators. Some in the city or adjoining counties. Also a friend, now retired, who was once on the executive committee, says executive committee worries about setting a precedent for schools to move up then back down when talent not the best. My question is this - What does the Richmond SBO or Superintendent have to say about all of this? Pros or cons from them. Maybe they insist that JM participate in VHSL playoffs. Just remember guys, the good Dr’s who are administrators just love recognition and trophies for their schools. 😂😂
The executive committee is worried about setting precedent?!? But they allow JM to play by private school rules? Allow an AAU program to use a public school as a front to gain access to the VHSL?!? Throw geographical boundaries out the window for the city of Richmond?!? Permit corporations to get involved in HS amateur sports?!? Yeah, they are really worried about setting precedent…SMDH😢

JM is playing in the Throne Tournament which is the National Championship for all high school basketball teams created by the National Basketball Players Association (that’s right the NBA).. They compete as “club teams” because the tournament is not sanctioned by any state high school association. With the teams JM has had in the past 4 years, they should be playing in the upper echelon tournaments. Only a hand full of teams in this state can compete with that, and that includes the private school teams.

Reactions: pizzzzza
JM is playing in the Throne Tournament which is the National Championship for all high school basketball teams created by the National Basketball Players Association (that’s right the NBA).. They compete as “club teams” because the tournament is not sanctioned by any state high school association. With the teams JM has had in the past 4 years, they should be playing in the upper echelon tournaments. Only a hand full of teams in this state can compete with that, and that includes the private school teams.
Yet JM plays in the VHSL knowing they will be in 2A. It’s a choice they make and I am tired of hearing the “we don’t want to play 2A” from them. That’s total BS because if they didn’t want to play 2A, they would opt out of the VHSL and go play in these national type tournaments instead of the VHSL post season where they are not challenged in the least. I guess they want to stockpile 2A state championships and COY awards? The VHSL is spineless. And the JM administration and City of Richmond school board should be ashamed and embarrassed.

Yet JM plays in the VHSL knowing they will be in 2A. It’s a choice they make and I am tired of hearing the “we don’t want to play 2A” from them. That’s total BS because if they didn’t want to play 2A, they would opt out of the VHSL and go play in these national type tournaments instead of the VHSL post season where they are not challenged in the least. I guess they want to stockpile 2A state championships and COY awards? The VHSL is spineless. And the JM administration and City of Richmond school board should be ashamed and embarrassed.
Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Reactions: MCAthletics
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT