ADVERTISEMENT

Poor va high

Oct 3, 2023
So va. Has the privilege of going to vcu to play a team that goes 6'8...6'8... 6'9...6'11... avg 86 ppg.... ra ked top 20 in nation..... if there was a line in vegas it would be va. High getting 48 points. STAY HOME... SAVE THE $$$$$.... EXCEPT THE RUNNER UP TROPHY... DONT LET THE VHSL EMBARRASS YOU

Reactions: toughy299
So va. Has the privilege of going to vcu to play a team that goes 6'8...6'8... 6'9...6'11... avg 86 ppg.... ra ked top 20 in nation..... if there was a line in vegas it would be va. High getting 48 points. STAY HOME... SAVE THE $$$$$.... EXCEPT THE RUNNER UP TROPHY... DONT LET THE VHSL EMBARRASS YOU
JM is not top 25 this yr.,but I’d still just forfeit. MaxPreps has them #27 and #3 in VA behind Paul VI and Oak Hill Academy. Pi$$ everyone off,but oh well.

I have heard from sources that the fine for staying home is $6,000. A big reason Radford didn’t do it the past few years. Contact your local delegate. A quick email to whoever represents Bristol would be a great place to start.

Game will be over by HT
It won’t last til the half. VHS isn’t really great, the entire West was down this year, this one will be over after a couple minutes. I’d love to see VHS pull the old four corners and just stall. Make it a 6-5 halftime score. Really piss em off, just refuse to take shots until the end of quarters.

It won’t last til the half. VHS isn’t really great, the entire West was down this year, this one will be over after a couple minutes. I’d love to see VHS pull the old four corners and just stall. Make it a 6-5 halftime score. Really piss em off, just refuse to take shots until the end of quarters.
That would be ideal, but JM plays full court man to man and applies intense ball pressure. Teams have tried it. VHigh doesn't have the ball handlers to pull this off. If you have a magician point guard with incredible ball handling like a John Stockton, Steve Nash, or Kenny Anderson in High School, they could possibly dripple it out for a bit, but VH has nowhere close to that kind of point guard, nor does anyone else in Class 2.

This game will not be within 50 points. Bruton kept them under 100 and lost by an even 50 and Bruton is a great team. I got JM by 55 to 60 points and scoring over 100 points.

It's a crock of $#!&. That's what it is.

Lot of flu and Covid going around in swva right now is all I'm saying. If JM can use the excuse of not having enough to play Riverheads in football, then somebody can do it to them too. However, I know the kids and coaches at V - High are not as petty as myself and will go do their best, despite the overwhelming odds that the VHSL has dealt them. Those kids do not deserve this.

IT WILL BE UGLY EARLY...EMBARRASSING....NOT A HOOSIER MOVIE...REAL-TIME .... JUST TAKE THE HIGH ROAD... TELL VHSL TO KISS YOUR A..

It's a crock of $#!&. That's what it is.

Lot of flu and Covid going around in swva right now is all I'm saying. If JM can use the excuse of not having enough to play Riverheads in football, then somebody can do it to them too. However, I know the kids and coaches at V - High are not as petty as myself and will go do their best, despite the overwhelming odds that the VHSL has dealt them. Those kids do not deserve this.
Overwhelming odds... Gen Custer had a better. Chance at BIG Horn.... they destroyed a good Radford team last year....DONT GO!!!!!

That would be ideal, but JM plays full court man to man and applies intense ball pressure. Teams have tried it. VHigh doesn't have the ball handlers to pull this off. If you have a magician point guard with incredible ball handling like a John Stockton, Steve Nash, or Kenny Anderson in High School, they could possibly dripple it out for a bit, but VH has nowhere close to that kind of point guard, nor does anyone else in Class 2.
There’s no team in 2A that could ever 4 corner it with JM, I agree. They are going to eat VA High alive unfortunately. I’m going to go 110-55 , way ugly before the first five minutes tick off the clock. VA High hasn’t seen man to man like they’re getting ready to experience come Thursday. Congratulations to them for being the lambs going to slaughter. They can at least say they made it to the championship.

Breaking News!

In a surprise move, the city of Bristol school system annexes the entire states of TN and KY and allows immediate sports participation! VHS holding tryouts for the state championship roster today and Monday. Dares the VHSL to take action. Anonymous sources say the executive committee only shrugged their shoulders, with one member sighing, “what’s good for the goose (Justices) is good for the gander (the rest of Virginia)”.

The betting line at Hardrock is JM/RCS minus 3.

Last edited:
Breaking News!

In a surprise move, the city of Bristol school system annexes the entire states of TN and KY and allows immediate sports participation! VHS holding tryouts for the state championship roster today and Monday. Dares the VHSL to take action. Anonymous sources say the executive committee only shrugged their shoulders, with one member sighing, “what’s good for the goose (Justices) is good for the gander (the rest of Virginia)”.

The betting line at Hardrock is JM/RCS minus 3.
You wanna know the sad part? Unless you gonna bring in some Grizzlies, maybe Knect and Ziegler, couple Hokies for depth, im not sure JM isn’t still winning lol

But if you bring in KY too, I like VHS chances. In a tight one lolol

You wanna know the sad part? Unless you gonna bring in some Grizzlies, maybe Knect and Ziegler, couple Hokies for depth, im not sure JM isn’t still winning lol

But if you bring in KY too, I like VHS chances. In a tight one lolol
Watched a Richmond private HIGH school beat JM earlier this year with only 1 elite player. JM is definitely not Paul VI(VA) either!

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Watched a Richmond private HIGH school beat JM earlier this year with only 1 elite player. JM is definitely not Paul VI(VA) either!
I’m guessing that was St Christopher’s? A private school where many of the athletes go on to play sports at D1 colleges, they may not all be “elite” but most would all make a big difference on most high school teams. If my memory is correct they beat Christiansburg in an exhibition wrestling match several years ago at VT, at that time CBurg was dominating the wrestling in their classification.
The real losers are the Va High parents and fans who have to drive 5-6 hours and fork out money for tickets, gas and groceries knowing fully well their team doesn’t have a snowball chance in 👹 of winning all because the VHSL sucks at their job of managing high school sports.

These kids are playing in a state championship, that's a once in a lifetime for alot of kids. Let's hope it's a great memory regardless if they lost or win. I'm

Reactions: croakerfishin
These kids are playing in a state championship, that's a once in a lifetime for alot of kids. Let's hope it's a great memory regardless if they lost or win. I'm
It's not all about "the kids." It's also about the parent that works 50 hours a week like a dog to make ends meet and still lives paycheck to paycheck who supports that kid, or the fan who volunteers tons of time at the school and raising money for little to no recognition, or the bus driver, the tax payers of the town who support the trips and their taxes support the schools. There's actually other people involved, not just 8 or 9 kids.

They also have a "once in a lifetime" opportunity for a learning experience to stand up for what is right and wrong and the adults involved could show them how to do that, and that lesson is probably more valuable that worrying about "hurting the kids self esteem" because they didn't play a state title game. There is no state title game. It's an illusion. They are in an unfair system. Do what's right against an unfair system. Fight back.

Many of these places are names only to me, so I may be speaking out of turn, but there is JM, that Paul place, Miller School, Oak Hill, Covenant, St. Anne's, and maybe quite a few others out there that are not public schools. Some are in fact known for their strong athletic programs preparing college level players. So why is JM competing against public schools as opposed to being in a Private Schools only conference? In other words, why not mix apples with apples?

Reactions: MCAthletics
Many of these places are names only to me, so I may be speaking out of turn, but there is JM, that Paul place, Miller School, Oak Hill, Covenant, St. Anne's, and maybe quite a few others out there that are not public schools. Some are in fact known for their strong athletic programs preparing college level players. So why is JM competing against public schools as opposed to being in a Private Schools only conference? In other words, why not mix apples with apples?
That has been my question all along. JM does not play a VHSL district schedule to my knowledge. They already play several private schools and tournaments. So why not just drop out of the VHSL in basketball and go play whoever they want? Is having a 2A state title in the trophy case that important to a program with national prominence?

Well, until somebody threatens lawsuits or something, nothing will happen.

That has been my question all along. JM does not play a VHSL district schedule to my knowledge. They already play several private schools and tournaments. So why not just drop out of the VHSL in basketball and go play whoever they want? Is having a 2A state title in the trophy case that important to a program with national prominence?
Yes they do play a vhsl district schedule, they're in the colonial district which includes the city Richmond, Henrico, co and I believe Hanover co. Plus the private schools they play.

Couple of questions? Im a HS coach in NC and plan to come up for the Thursday games and maybe first two friday. After this thread i may be wasting my time lol. Does the arena sell out? Are there advance tickets? Thursday it will be around 130-200 when i arrive. I don't want to get shut out.

Reactions: 10iceiceice
You will be fine, after each game fans will be leaving. Just make sure you park in the parking deck across from the Arena. If not you may get towed away. Also go to vhsl go fan to get tickets on line.

Couple of questions? Im a HS coach in NC and plan to come up for the Thursday games and maybe first two friday. After this thread i may be wasting my time lol. Does the arena sell out? Are there advance tickets? Thursday it will be around 130-200 when i arrive. I don't want to get shut out.
If you are coming to watch a basketball game, avoid the 2A title game. Unless you like watching blowouts with full court pressing when up 40+…

Yes they do play a vhsl district schedule, they're in the colonial district which includes the city Richmond, Henrico, co and I believe Hanover co. Plus the private schools they play.
So the district has no other 2A teams? I know there are many mixed classification districts but I am not familiar with the make up of the Colonial. Do they have a district tournament?

Last edited:
Reactions: Gridiron1960
No District Tournament , the colonial district has C6 C5 C4 C3 and JM is the only C2 team. The teams are Deep run C6, Douglas Freeman C5, Glenn Allen C6, Hermitage C5, JR tucker C5, Mills Godwin C5, Thomas Jefferson C3 and Maggie Walker governor school.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT