ADVERTISEMENT

Liberty Christian

From the 804 and my question is, if liberty Christian is a private school why are they playing public schools and not private or in a private district like Benedict school, Trinity , Blue Ridge, and other private schools if they are public I understand.
LCA is not a boarding school, like I believe the ones you mentioned are. They also claim not to recruit, though that is certainly debatable.

LCA is not a boarding school, like I believe the ones you mentioned are. They also claim not to recruit, though that is certainly debatable.
Put it this way! I don’t believe they don’t. Who is going to challenge them?

Not singling out any schools, but I think whoever comes out of 3A beats whoever comes out of 3B. The only caveat is I have no idea how good TJ-Richmond is.

TJ RICHMOND has very good athletes and fast similar to Hopewell, good size and good at the skill positions. I think they will probably ended up playing kettle run and then in Region A think it will probably be Lafayette/. Hopewell.

TJ RICHMOND has very good athletes and fast similar to Hopewell, good size and good at the skill positions. I think they will probably ended up playing kettle run and then in Region A think it will probably be Lafayette/. Hopewell.
You can only play who is in front you. From a schedule standpoint TeeJay has been very business like against a weaker schedule. The Godwin win was huge and showed they won't fold under pressure and they have a tough Armstrong team coming up. As long as they don't get complacent a regional final game appearance should happen for them. I would be very happy with Armstrong or TJ winning 3B. (Hopefully that's the region final somehow)

Yes, would love to see one of the 804 teams represent in the state championship Armstrong, Thomas Jefferson or Hopewell , but only one can go or none of them, let's hope this isn't the case. Good luck teams.

Not singling out any schools, but I think whoever comes out of 3A beats whoever comes out of 3B. The only caveat is I have no idea how good TJ-Richmond is.
Have you seen Kettle Run play? I am confident they come out of the region and are no worse than a small dog against anyone in 3A. They went on the road and beat a fantastic Loudoun County and Glass last year and look stronger this year. I thought they had lost too much to be right back at it but here they are.

Reactions: BleedingNavy
In regards to LCA, I don't see many other schools in the state having the funds and ability to build an $8 million stadium.

Reactions: wikki
Have you seen Kettle Run play? I am confident they come out of the region and are no worse than a small dog against anyone in 3A. They went on the road and beat a fantastic Loudoun County and Glass last year and look stronger this year. I thought they had lost too much to be right back at it but here they are.
Great points @540football_Grandpa. I saw them up close and personal last year in the final and watched their game against Sherando. They should not be considered a small dog, in fact I think Hopewell, TJ, and Lafayette would have to be on top of their games to beat Kettle Run. The Cougars have the size and talent to go nose to nose with the aforementioned teams. Just like KR last year both Lafayette and Hopewell have played in a region final, semi final, and finals. TJ is the new kid on the block, but well coached. I don't see this challenge being too big for them. The matchups will make the difference. Can any of these four compete with LCA? I tend to doubt it, but stranger things have happened.

Lafayette or Hopewell if fully healthy could beat Kettle run, Lafayette has 1 championship and Hopewell 2 championship in the last 5 years, and it comes down to match ups. But we will see. Good luck.

Love the representation of 540!! Let’s also not forget Brentsville who was also last year playoff representatives for 3a ball. Of course it didn’t end how we would have wanted but they made us proud.

The Current KR team is not better than last years team. The graduation of Tapscott (who is playing at Tech) and Chumley at QB was a huge talent loss. Those two torched everyone last year other than Dinwiddie who bottled them up quickly in the championship game. We also lost some great LBs.

The improvements to this years team is they run the ball very methodically over last years team. RB Quaker is a smart strong runner but not lightening fast. They will throw the ball if anyone try’s to stack the box. Defensively the cougars are hard to grade because they haven’t played anyone dynamic and the offense scores so much.

With that said, I am repeating myself here. I think that KR is exactly in the same playoff scenario as last year. They can beat every team on the football field except one team. Last year was Dinwiddie, This year is Liberty Christian.

I agree with @BleedingNavy that there is a big gap between LCA and the rest of the class 3 teams.

LAFAYETTE OR HOPEWELL CAN BEAT KETTLE RUN IF ONE OF THEM MAKE IT TO REGION FINALS, AND IF KETTLE RUN CAN GET PAST ARMSTRONG OR THOMAS JEFFERSON.

This is a GREAT thread to read - LOTS of good insight and information!

My C3 finals Hopewell/Lafayette and Kettle run/Thomas Jefferson, but we all know anything can happen, watched hopewell last night against Meadowbrook they won 39-8 but Meadowbrook is a good team much better than the last 5 years, they have some talent and athletes. Hopewell was shut down run back Henderson for the rest of the regular season until the playoffs. Hopefully he will be ready for the playoffs, otherwise I think it comes down to match ups and coaches.

@10iceiceice, Hopewell should win Region A. I know the Blue Devils well and with Henderson they are a different team, especially on defense. You are correct about matchups. The cool thing is Kettle Run is eerily similar to Lafayette and TJ is a microcosm of Hopewell. Shouldn't be any surprises come the semi-final. Have you noticed how predictable Irby and Hopewell offense is at times. We talk about it everyday at work. It drives the long time Hopewell fans crazy. What makes this team special is when the QB is allowed to be creative.

Agree 💯, I don't understand some of there play calling 3 runs and pass against matoaca no creatively on offense. I say let the horses run like you said about quarterback let him be creative when needed.

Reactions: BleedingNavy
Agree 💯, I don't understand some of there play calling 3 runs and pass against matoaca no creatively on offense. I say let the horses run like you said about quarterback let him be creative when needed.
@10iceiceice, you have to put the ball in the playmakers hands. You can't run a counter out of the pistol with a jump cut to the opposite side of the center on 1st and 2nd down and then expect the QB to do something special to bail you out. They have been doing the same running play since Ronnie Walker was a freshman. Can you imagine if the Blue Devils occasionally went under center with Henderson as the lead man. Holy cow they would be tough to stop.

My C3 finals Hopewell/Lafayette and Kettle run/Thomas Jefferson, but we all know anything can happen, watched hopewell last night against Meadowbrook they won 39-8 but Meadowbrook is a good team much better than the last 5 years, they have some talent and athletes. Hopewell was shut down run back Henderson for the rest of the regular season until the playoffs. Hopefully he will be ready for the playoffs, otherwise I think it comes down to match ups and coaches.
Thomas Jefferson hasn’t played anyone. LCA is battle tested. I’d be surprised if Thomas Jefferson beats LCA.

Reactions: SFUWO
Thomas Jefferson hasn’t played anyone. LCA is battle tested. I’d be surprised if Thomas Jefferson beats LCA.
Which is why they are averaging 50 points a game and allowing only 6. They are playing whose on the schedule and doing what good teams do; putting them away.

Which is why they are averaging 50 points a game and allowing only 6. They are playing whose on the schedule and doing what good teams do; putting them away.
That’s all fine and well, but I wouldn’t be thumping chest when the best record team they have played is a 2a team. And the best team y’all have played is a 22 ranked 5a team. I call that fools gold. I’m a Salem fan and worry with it all the time with us.

That’s all fine and well, but I wouldn’t be thumping chest when the best record team they have played is a 2a team. And the best team y’all have played is a 22 ranked 5a team. I call that fools gold. I’m a Salem fan and worry with it all the time with us.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT