ADVERTISEMENT

Longest and Shortest travel distance.

I agree, except there are probably schools in NOVA within sight of each other! I think there are 20-some in Fairfax, and close to that in Loudoun.
It’s just crazy what the population is up there.

BTW, one of my favorite matchups is Armstrong/Caroline. Two long suffering programs that sure as heck need a day in the sunshine. And the fact that they meet each other is a good thing in my book. It guarantees that one of them will make it to the second round.

Hey Danny, can you check and see when the last time was, that either of these two made it to the second round?

And I’m not sure there is a bigger, more lopsided matchup this year than
1-9 Prince George against Highland Springs.

PG: PF 64, PA 416

HS: PF 488, PA 47

Game on 9/9 63-0 HS

Where I come from, we call this a sacrificial mercy killing.

BTW, one of my favorite matchups is Armstrong/Caroline. Two long suffering programs that sure as heck need a day in the sunshine. And the fact that they meet each other is a good thing in my book. It guarantees that one of them will make it to the second round.

Hey Danny, can you check and see when the last time was, that either of these two made it to the second round?

And I’m not sure there is a bigger, more lopsided matchup this year than
1-9 Prince George against Highland Springs.

PG: PF 64, PA 416

HS: PF 488, PA 47

Game on 9/9 63-0 HS

Where I come from, we call this a sacrificial mercy killing.

Same thing happened last year and the results will be worse this time around. Poor Prince George. I have a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes just thinking about it.

LOL, yeah, me too!🥴
You guys sound about as distraught with PG's plight as most Salem fans are about Northside going winless this year. We just feel awful that NS scored a total of 66 pts for the year and got shutout on 6 occasions. Just gut wrenching. Sorry @RKE Fan I know you're one of us now, but you still have the Vikings ties too.

Reactions: RKE Fan
Lol Not even close Mike. PG scored 52 points all year and kept their Varsity starters in against our JV just to score. In my opinion they scored 52 more points than I would prefer.

Last edited:
I remember driving thru Portsmouth and Woodrow Wilson an I C Norcom were separated by a hospital. They must have been a half a mile away from each other.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Lol Not even close Mike. PG scored 52 points all year and kept their starters in against our JV. In my opinion they scored 52 more points than I would prefer.
The School and County Administration “sacrifices” the kids to satisfy their egos and political ties.

Reactions: Senex
I remember driving thru Portsmouth and Woodrow Wilson an I C Norcom were separated by a hospital. They must have been a half a mile away from each other.
It’s a little further than that but I know what you’re saying. Same with Norview and Lake Taylor. The closest high schools I know of is Hermitage and Glen Allen. I think they’re separated by 4 stop lights, both off of the same road. It says that it’s 2 miles but I think it’s a little closer lol…

Man, now you're taking me back to the mid-late 90s and my road trips to the northeast.
Shoot, I remember having road atlases for each state! I remember those huge fold up paper maps as well!! If you didn't have a navigator with you, you had to pull over and read the map. Talk about really having to pay attention to driving!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT