ADVERTISEMENT

Louisa 28 Powhatan 20

anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b

VaPreps All Region
Aug 28, 2005
Louisa gets their first win at Powhatan since 2008, despite the officials getting an A+ for trying their best to keep the overmatched Indians in the game. Then the Indians gained confidence, and this is the result. Louisa is a very good team to be able to overcome all that. I'm just glad to get out of here with a win.

Last edited:
Livestream is awesome. Sounded like a great game. Huge win in hostile territory.

Officials are all just bad. They are not trying to give a win to anybody. Good for Powhatan making it a hame without their starting qb and team leader.

When Coach Fischer nearly gets ejected, things are bad. The onside kick recovery was nonsense. The thing is, the officials seemed to be hearing him out. I think it was just an amateur crew. The Lions should've been up 21 or 28 at half, but every time they did something well, it got called back.

Reactions: Lions1983
When Coach Fischer nearly gets ejected, things are bad. The onside kick recovery was nonsense. The thing is, the officials seemed to be hearing him out. I think it was just an amateur crew. The Lions should've been up 21 or 28 at half, but every time they did something well, it got called back.
So exactly who is Powhatan? What's their identity? Are they just an average team?

Was a hard fought game and Louisa's run game is stout. Dont see where you can make any comments on the officials when they literally gave the game to the Lions in last years contest. Best of luck to Louisa but don't cry about not blowing us out especially at home.

Yeah they're average, plus their starting QB didn't dress, but with what they like to do it didn't matter much. They still run a lot of singleback and run middle, run left, run right, run counter, play action/screen. Just simple stuff as always. After Louisa went up 22-0, Powhatan changed some things up front and scored on back to back plays, then Louisa adjusted.

Last edited:
Reactions: OCBoy
Was a hard fought game and Louisa's run game is stout. Dont see where you can make any comments on the officials when they literally gave the game to the Lions in last years contest. Best of luck to Louisa but don't cry about not blowing us out especially at home.
Well they did their best to make up for it. I expected the game to be fairly close. Not THAT close, sheesh. Good effort by your guys though.

Man Louisa got a lot of penalties. Shot themselves in the foot. I though it was just one lineman but by the end of the game I believe every lineman either had a hold of a false start. Gotta fix that. Not sure if it was the refs but it wasnt a great game. At the end of the day we found a way to finish it. A lot of heart just silly mistakes. With all that said, I think we can beat anyone. No one can stop the run but ourselves.

Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b
@DinwiddieProud a couple of pics I took before the game. Click them to zoom in.

qNmCuIP.jpg

5h47xVJ.jpg

Louisa gets their first win at Powhatan since 2008, despite the officials getting an A+ for trying their best to keep the overmatched Indians in the game. Then the Indians gained confidence, and this is the result. Literally the most holding calls I've ever seen against the Lions. Louisa is a very good team to be able to overcome all that. I'm just glad to get out of here with a win.
Nice win for the Lions. Good teams find a way to win tough games. Louisa did just that. Hoos, your head coach (UVA's Medenhall) was at our game last night. Nice to see him making a personal effort to recruit VA kids.

I realize that, but it was still nice to see a D-1 head coach come down to Dinwiddie. Both teams have some D-1 talent, so I am sure Coach Mendehall saw a few players he liked.

Reactions: gwb16
Since we mentioned Powhatan's food before, I wanna say their famous fries were cold last night, and I got them before kickoff. Disappointing. :(

Powhatan still has my favorite announcer in the area.

Last edited:
Man Louisa got a lot of penalties. Shot themselves in the foot. I though it was just one lineman but by the end of the game I believe every lineman either had a hold of a false start. Gotta fix that. Not sure if it was the refs but it wasnt a great game. At the end of the day we found a way to finish it. A lot of heart just silly mistakes. With all that said, I think we can beat anyone. No one can stop the run but ourselves.

You should feel 100% confident in your team but let's not get ahead of yourself. The playoffs is lurking and the further you go the competition gets better and then you may not feel the same.

Hey Hoosfan if you think that the starting qb being out didnt really affect what Powhatan does you obviously know nothing about this kid. Top notch young man, top notch leader. The game was played and Louisa won fair and aquare but that young man would have made a difference without a doubt.

@InsideTheLines1 that kid's a gamer, I posted his highlight video against Hopewell a few weeks ago and got no responses. However, I doubt Louisa would've defended Powhatan much differently if he had played, and he played against Orange who held them to 15 points.

Gotta post one more, then I'm done. These kids need more exposure. This is our 260 lb QB/RB.

Many, many, many moons ago, when I played at King William, 260 lbs kids played OL/DL, period. Coach Brookes would have laughed until he peed on himself if a 260 lbs kid told him he was a QB! LOL! That kid can move for his size!

@InsideTheLines1 that kid's a gamer, I posted his highlight video against Hopewell a few weeks ago and got no responses. However, I doubt Louisa would've defended Powhatan much differently if he had played, and he played against Orange who held them to 15 points.

My response to the video you posted below. You did get on response Hoo.

One of may all time favorites as I coached him in Middle School baseball a few years ago and also his older brother who is an outstanding young man as well. Very mentally tough kid with lots of athleticism. He has battled some adversity over the years which I think has made him play with somewhat of a chip on his shoulder. As I said he is no stranger to the QB position but spent last year as a receiver. Thanks for the post.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT