ADVERTISEMENT

Louisa County Preview

Hoos I think your Lions have a chance to go pretty far in the postseason this year and they'll be tough to beat. I go to school at VCU and I'm looking forward to making a couple trips to "The Jungle" and watching your boys play! Good luck this season!

Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b
Thank you DSH, and thank you Rob for the story. I went to VCU too, hope you like it there and I know you'll like The Jungle. If our defense fixes the little things we'll be very good. I didn't know the offensive line averages 285 lbs. this year, but I'm betting 6' 3" 340 lbs. senior Noah Verling helps bring that number up! Either way, we're big. I wish he had gotten to play against Bird, but he sat from a mild concussion.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
I love it and it's good to know I have a fellow Ram on here. That's a massive o-line and sound like a lot of speed and athletes. Louisa will be a team to be reckoned with! Had no idea Malik Bell was 233 pounds btw. Heard he runs like a deer.

Last edited:
Ok, not trying to change the subject, but is Louisa in the 540? If so, wouldn't that make it a valley team? And should be on,the valley board? Just asking that's all. I looked up Louisa high school phone number , started with 540. Haha

Hoos I think your Lions have a chance to go pretty far in the postseason this year and they'll be tough to beat. I go to school at VCU and I'm looking forward to making a couple trips to "The Jungle" and watching your boys play! Good luck this season!
I think Lion's have a great regular season but being in the east is going to be tough even with the pod system for a deep playoff run. I think this team is going to have a chance to run the district, but I really do not know what that says anymore. Hoos thinks they can do something if their defense tightens up and that could be true. They should be better this season from last year up front

You know what Hammy, I believe that is a violation. I hereby respectfully request that the Lions forfeit their first game as resonable punishment.

I love it and it's good to know I have a fellow Ram on here. That's a massive o-line and sound like a lot of speed and athletes. Louisa will be a team to be reckoned with! Had no idea Malik Bell was 233 pounds btw. Heard he runs like a deer.
Runs very well, just needs to work hard. Didn't play any defense in the scrimmage. Also keep an eye on tight end Jayvon Jackson. If he has hands then he'll be a part of the offense since we have a QB that can consistently get him the ball now.

Last edited:
Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Ok, not trying to change the subject, but is Louisa in the 540? If so, wouldn't that make it a valley team? And should be on,the valley board? Just asking that's all. I looked up Louisa high school phone number , started with 540. Haha
Louisa and other Fredericksburg- and Stafford-area schools are all 540.

Last edited:
DP, no need to forfeit. good one though! I really want to see the game, hope it's a good one. not sure the Warriors will be able to hang that night. The Lions look like they might be really tough. The Warriors don't have the talent they have , so I am expecting they will have to play over there heads to get away with a win.

Ham, it is not a rule set in stone, just a general rule of thumb.

Louisa, Spotsy and the Fredericksburg schools are clearly Piedmont schools.

I trusted that our posters can make some common sense decisions on where to post.

Just trying to figure it out, because a lot of us ( myself) don't know what region schools are in, just that they are equal competition. now if I want to make a statement about a team, I just want to try and put it on the right board. That's all.

Just trying to figure it out, because a lot of us ( myself) don't know what region schools are in, just that they are equal competition. now if I want to make a statement about a team, I just want to try and put it on the right board. That's all.

No problem. If you find yourself struggling, email me and I'll help you out

Rod needs to come watch the Union Bears hosting the Richlands Blue Tornados in week 2 game at Bullitt Park in Big Stone Gap! Sure to be a big game and a dandy this year as always. Sept 4th and good luck to the Louisa Lions and all the Jefferson teams!

Rod needs to come watch the Union Bears hosting the Richlands Blue Tornados in week 2 game at Bullitt Park in Big Stone Gap! Sure to be a big game and a dandy this year as always. Sept 4th and good luck to the Louisa Lions and all the Jefferson teams!

That's a cozy little 950-mile round trip drive.

DP, no need to forfeit. good one though! I really want to see the game, hope it's a good one. not sure the Warriors will be able to hang that night. The Lions look like they might be really tough. The Warriors don't have the talent they have , so I am expecting they will have to play over there heads to get away with a win.
Kind Hammy. Lions open 0 - 2. Hoos will be beside himself. They still make the playoffs and doesn't mean they're bad. They will actually be good. Just have to start with a couple of licks against top 10 opponents.

Enjoy the game. The Jungle is a great place for Football. The field is exceptional and the fireworks are cool. The opposing kids always look forward to games there. Plenty of fans in the stands because there's nothing else to do in Mineral. Inbred central. Intimidation factor is "0". Bring your earplugs though. The announcer is the most biased, loud, obnoxious, shameless Homer i have ever heard. The band will play while the Warriors call plays. The announcer will do the same.

Well I thought the announcer wasn't there any more, and we are used to fireworks, we have them every home game. The inbred thing, lol probably strike a nerve with Hoos! It's the first game, we are usually slow starters, so hopefully the boys are ready.

I had to click "Show ignored content" to see what you're talking about hamspear, and I'm starting to think the reason he's being so childish and negative 24/7 now is because his wife ran off with someone from Louisa. And yeah that announcer left, I haven't heard about his replacement yet.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
I had to click "Show ignored content" to see what you're talking about hamspear, and I'm starting to think the reason he's being so childish and negative 24/7 now is because his wife ran off with someone from Louisa. And yeah that announcer left, I haven't heard about his replacement yet.

Maybe she ran off with Pele, Hank Aaron, or Woody Hayes.

<Whistle> We have a hit below the belt on Hoos, that's a 15 yd penalty.

Hard Hoos and Devils, hard. But funny as hell.

Not sure he is still around this season, but said announcer landed here in Dinwiddie. He has not a "snowballs chance in hell" of ever announcing football here. I think he did do basketball last season, on a very, very short leash.

Hey Rod, what do think about posting something somewhere as a reference that list the various schools, in the most logical region? A reference we can refer to when it is questionable where we might want to post a though, or search for information for a particular school. That would help us, I believe.

I feel pretty good about where schools in my home region would turn up, but take me away from home, and lost.

And, couldn't you just take the official "VirginiaPreps" helicopter to the Union-Richlands game? Do you still keep it on the fantail of your yacht.

Actually, the wife ran off with the neighbor. About 4 houses away in Spotsy in the Holleybrooke subdivision. He couldn't find Louisa with a map and a compass but he obviously had some other values she preferred. Now he married her. I could not have wished for a better justice and I smile each time I think about it.

Nice to hear the announcer is gone. The kids absolutely loved playing at Louisa but everyone absolutely hated that guy. I still can't believe he lasted as long as he did and he goes all the way back to Hoos time. Maybe now the band will stop playing during the oppositions offensive plays too. Doubt it. Sportsmanship is not in the Lion Vocabulary book.

Maybe she ran off with Pele, Hank Aaron, or Woody Hayes.
That was funny. I have been very privileged by my past experiences. You can believe them or not. I don't care. I do hope you never have to feel the pain of the bad ones. GL in 2015.

Hey Rod, what do think about posting something somewhere as a reference that list the various schools, in the most logical region? A reference we can refer to when it is questionable where we might want to post a though, or search for information for a particular school. That would help us, I believe.

I anticipate being able to get to a project like that sometime around March 2016.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT