ADVERTISEMENT

Madison County at Stuarts Draft

Gunz41

VaPreps All Region
Sep 22, 2007
Stuarts Draft VA
Friday November 18th at 7 pm at Stuarts Draft.

Renewal of a long rivalry back 20 years or so. But were members of the Skyline District and was quite a rivalry with Eddie Dean at the helm for Madison County. Thoughts?

Madison has skill players on offense, but a strong defensive rush by Draft will limit what Madison's QB can do. Madison does not have a strong defense. Draft should start strong and steadily pull away for a comfortable win.

You guys know me and my tendency to compare scores and try to reach a conclusion........so in this case, Madison had 1-2 point games with Luray and East Rockingham, whereas Stuarts Draft handled each one of those teams by 3-4 touchdowns. Therefore I would conclude that the Cougars can handcuff the Mounties fairly easily, especially playing at home.

Madison's defense looked better against Nandua than it did against William Monroe, but I doubt Draft will have any problems moving the ball. On the other side, I expect Madison to get its share of big plays from its playmakers, but I expect Draft to force turnovers, fumbles and an interception or two.

While I Understand that anyone can be beat anytime, I dont have SD on upset alert this week. They should win the battle in the trenches easily, force Madison into a few turnovers, and come away with the W

Madison's defense looked better against Nandua than it did against William Monroe, but I doubt Draft will have any problems moving the ball. On the other side, I expect Madison to get its share of big plays from its playmakers, but I expect Draft to force turnovers, fumbles and an interception or two.

A lot of teams around here look REALLY good
vs.
Nandua and Arcadia

I understand that MC may be without a significant 2 way player due an injury. As if the battle wasn't uphill enough already!

May as well get ready for the hard court!

Draft should win this one. Madison may put a couple scores up due to the passing game, but I doubt their QB will have much time to throw the ball. Drafts D-Line is the real deal.

Has Stuart's draft played a real passing threat this year? This may be a good matchup for Madison but I feel like the only way they win is if it's a shootout because it seems there defense is awful. Really need SD to lose this week or next so Goochland doesn't have to travel for the semis if they make it.

Has Stuart's draft played a real passing threat this year? This may be a good matchup for Madison but I feel like the only way they win is if it's a shootout because it seems there defense is awful. Really need SD to lose this week or next so Goochland doesn't have to travel for the semis if they make it.
I didn't look up the score, but East Rockingham throws it all over the place and SD beat them.

MC mixes it up well. They have over 2600 rushing yds. to compliment the almost 2000 passing yds. Turnovers and lack of depth have been killers. MC only dresses about 24.

I didn't look up the score, but East Rockingham throws it all over the place and SD beat them.
East Rock had success against Draft in the passing game, particularly on slants. They seemed to be trying too hard to run the ball though which didn't work AT ALL. Madison's passing game is much more precise and efficient. If Madison's O-line can make their blocks, they have a chance.

Madison does have a passing game which can score points as long as their QB has time to throw. However, unless Draft has a bad offense, I can't see Madison outscoring Draft as the Madison defense is not very solid. And Draft didn't get the #1 seed by having a bad offense.

East Rock has a very athletic QB who can throw it around. Draft beat them 35-14. Draft has the athletes on defense to play with many different style offenses. Teams are going to have a tough time running against them. Slants and quick passes to the outside may be a way to attack them, but they have the speed on defense to defend that. Their offense is taking care of the ball and has the weapons to grind it out or score quick if needed. The defense on that team is by far its strength.

Reactions: obguthr
To answer the questions, since I am pretty sure I am only one on here from SD and have seen them play every game. East Rockingham had success throwing the ball on their 1st drive and sporadically the rest of the game. The score was 35-14 and just like with the Riverheads/East Rockingham game ER scored in the last minute or 2 on backups in the game. Anything can happen in a game, so they aren't looking past anyone or expecting a win in any game. They have a pretty balanced attack on offense, running more but can throw the ball well.

Gunz if I may, I will go a step further in speaking of SD's defense. The entire team is very good but the front seven are special this year. If Madison intends to pass they better make it quick cause they get in the backfield extremely quick. As a comparison, they remind me of the Ravens many moons ago. Front seven play downhill and tackle the back as they are trying to get to the spot the QB should be at. Now all of this is not to take away from the Db's as they have a nose for the ball and like to hit. Best of luck to them as the playoffs progress.

Gunz if I may, I will go a step further in speaking of SD's defense. The entire team is very good but the front seven are special this year. If Madison intends to pass they better make it quick cause they get in the backfield extremely quick. As a comparison, they remind me of the Ravens many moons ago. Front seven play downhill and tackle the back as they are trying to get to the spot the QB should be at. Now all of this is not to take away from the Db's as they have a nose for the ball and like to hit. Best of luck to them as the playoffs progress.
Good post, my thoughts exactly. One of the better front 7s Ive seen around here. You can tell they are well coached in that area and those kids have 'football smarts.' I hope they can get the W this week and continue their success for a few more weeks. Good luck to your boys tomorrow @Gunz41

I could go on and on but I'm not one to talk up kids, teams, etc like that. Whether we did well or not, we did our talking on field and even losing big they knew we were there

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT