ADVERTISEMENT

Magna Vista vs G. W

@DanvilleSportsHead I actually live here in Charlotte. I'm from Danville and went to GW. I've been watching all the teams you mentioned in your post! MV will put up a great fight. But this will not be enough come Friday night. I actually like MV QB I thought he was one of the best I've seen in the State. But it's going to be hard for them to win in Danville.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Can't wait for Friday! People gone learn to stop sleeping on them Warriors
Best believe, I doubt anyone on 58 East will be doubting the Warriors. I went to Tunstall and everyone in the Danville area respects MV. MV and GW are constant winners in the area and the records speak for themselves reguardless who either team has played. This will probably be the biggest crowd GW has had in recent memory Friday. I feel bad for the other games in the Danville/Pittslyvania/Henry/Martinsville area. Last year it was standing room only and I can bet nothing will change this year. Not everyday the defending state champs come to town. I believe both of these teams will be in Lynchburg the second Saturday in December in their respective divisions. Wish nothing but the best for both teams.

Reactions: gdog4882
@DanvilleSportsHead I actually live here in Charlotte. I'm from Danville and went to GW. I've been watching all the teams you mentioned in your post! MV will put up a great fight. But this will not be enough come Friday night. I actually like MV QB I thought he was one of the best I've seen in the State. But it's going to be hard for them to win in Danville.
That's football down your way! Glad to see Anderson venturing out and actually playing someone. Would be love to see GW play Mallard Creek, Butler, Richmond and Scotland County,Concord, Dudley, heck put Shelby on the schedule and Reidsville. All within a 2 hour bus ride. I think if he stays GW will be playing high quality teams like this. The Middle School team lost 1 game, JV has absolutely beat up on everyone they've played, and the varsity team has 1 lost. There's a lot of optimism in the program. GW's basketball team is the same way. They should be playing West Charlotte, Hough, Lake Norman, etc. Gotta play the big boys if you want to win it all as @cutnjump mentioned earlier.

Best believe, I doubt anyone on 58 East will be doubting the Warriors. I went to Tunstall and everyone in the Danville area respects MV. MV and GW are constant winners in the area and the records speak for themselves reguardless who either team has played. This will probably be the biggest crowd GW has had in recent memory Friday. I feel bad for the other games in the Danville/Pittslyvania/Henry/Martinsville area. Last year it was standing room only and I can bet nothing will change this year. Not everyday the defending state champs come to town. I believe both of these teams will be in Lynchburg the second Saturday in December in their respective divisions. Wish nothing but the best for both teams.
You heard it from the SportsHead folks. GW will be at Liberty the 2nd week in December. GL.

Definitely. I also think my Panthers are going to the Super Bowl this year. My opinion, doesn't mean it's going to happen ;)
At least the Panthers have a better chance. Just another opinion that does nothing to help those boys on the field who actually play the game. GL with step one Friday. MV.

DanvilleSportsHead, I have no problem with your belief that GW will make it to Lynchburg this year. They are your team and you should think that way! Plenty of reason to be excited in the Southside. Anderson has really helped this program step up. I believe Salem will be in Lynchburg, Hamspear believes it will be Sherando, jfcav1 believes it will be Jefferson Forest. We're here to support our teams so cheer on your Eagles! Whoever the West representative is hopefully we'll all get behind them and support them to bring the title back to this side of the state. Hopefully our GOW's in Danville, Lynchburg, and Salem will all be great games that are injury free and prepare us for the playoffs.

Magna Vista's defense is not the same as they was the first 3 weeks of the season. In my opinion, It will depend on the line play for both sides of the ball. If they play Byrd, JF, or anyone else again the way they are playing now then I think the scores would be different. JF game is definitely not something to go by because you had a MV defense that wasn't in sync yet. You had blown coverages, players not doing their jobs or responsibilities because they was worried about the next man doing his job. I think this team has finally came together and it started after the JF lost because they was still riding off their 2014 state championship and wasn't focused on the 2015 season. I'm a huge MV fan but I think the JF lost and the Byrd scare is what opened their eyes. The same exact thing GW done to MV last was year was bring them back down to reality and showed the that they could be beat. I think if Magna Vista has had a good week of practice, and the guys are focused BUT not uptight and goes out to have fun vs playing nervous then I don't see why they can't win this game.

DanvilleSportsHead, I have no problem with your belief that GW will make it to Lynchburg this year. They are your team and you should think that way! Plenty of reason to be excited in the Southside. Anderson has really helped this program step up. I believe Salem will be in Lynchburg, Hamspear believes it will be Sherando, jfcav1 believes it will be Jefferson Forest. We're here to support our teams so cheer on your Eagles! Whoever the West representative is hopefully we'll all get behind them and support them to bring the title back to this side of the state. Hopefully our GOW's in Danville, Lynchburg, and Salem will all be great games that are injury free and prepare us for the playoffs.
So PC Mike but it will be a great final regular season week. Agree, injury free for all.

If you are coming to the game tomorrow, the GW Football Facebook Page are advising fans to get there early. Gates are opening at 5 because of the anticipated crowds. GW's visitor side is decently big, but I'd imagine some Danville folks will sit over there for convince purposes. I know MV will probably bring 800-1000. It's going to be packed.

I don't think he really has one, but he claims it's Courtland.
All three boys went there and played multiple sports. So, yes, it's Courtland. Just to remember, I'm very objective. I've also grown to have a certain level of affection and respect for various other programs but when it comes to picking winners and losers, I have no loyalty whatsoever. I have no problem rooting for and hoping for Courtland but I never have a second thought on picking against them when the other team is better. most posters and fans here own many pairs of sylized rose colored glasses. HoosFan had a special closet made just for his Elton John collection alone.

This is a big Friday for a lot of teams. GL to all and GO PULASKI!

GW 44 MV 0 (JV) game last night in the hole! MV you have been warned

Wow, Lewis918777! I'm trying to figure out how you want MV to take this comment. Maybe you can explain it a little more in detail so that no assumptions are made.

GO WARRIORS!!!!

JV has no input on Varsity the game. I mean the way I see, I heard the Magna Vista middle school team beat GW Danville Middle school team, I mean did that determine the outcome of the JV game? Obvisiously not. Series is tied 1-1. Middle School team (Magna Vista) JV(GW) and tonight is the big game.

@lancerfirst I'm just trying to get fans from both GW and MV to show support for their team. We already know that this is going to be a good game. I just love high school football. MV always bring it to GW in every sport. GL to both teams and no injuries for either team as they prepare for the playoffs.
GO EAGLES!!!

JV has no input on Varsity the game. I mean the way I see, I heard the Magna Vista middle school team beat GW Danville Middle school team, I mean did that determine the outcome of the JV game? Obvisiously not. Series is tied 1-1. Middle School team (Magna Vista) JV(GW) and tonight is the big game.

Thanks Jvbbse1216 for your post but I'm still want Lewis918777 to give his explanation for that comment before I or MV make any assumptions. Your post is definitely what I'm thinking but again I don't want to assume that Lewis918777 wanted MV to interpret it that way.

@lancerfirst I'm just trying to get fans from both GW and MV to show support for their team. We already know that this is going to be a good game. I just love high school football. MV always bring it to GW in every sport. GL to both teams and no injuries for either team as they prepare for the playoffs.
GO EAGLES!!!

Thanks for your explanation but for the past 2 years of playing GW I think both GW and MV fans have shown their support for their team and I don't see tonight being any different. Especially since both teams are undefeated in the district and MV is trying to repeat as state champs. It will be a great game and no doubt MV fans will show up loud and proud.

800-1000??? Haven't been to an MV football game since 2008 have you DanvilleSportsHead? Lol! MV probably averages nearly 1500-2000 for just run of the mill home games (yes I know it's at GW and not at home). When games like this show up on the schedule then the whole area shows up to watch the fireworks! You'll hear people who never attend the games ask the avid attendee if they gonna go watch the game! That's what I love about this game! But you are right DanvilleSportsHead it will be a packed house 6500+ is what I'm expecting! Good luck to both teams. Let's get that ball in the air and get this thing started!!!
Magna Vista brings it!!!!!!!!! I love their fan base and what you guys stand for. I've been to quite of few MV games especially in high school (09-12) when MV, Gretna and Franklin Co were the ONLY teams in our area that were worth watching lol...I graduated the year Harvey Taylor graduated so I remember the start of MV's recent success after they had the 20 something game losing streak that ended my sophomore year. You guys went into SALEM and dominated them in 2010! That really started what you guys have now. Constant winners! And about that crowd tonight..Back in 2013 when you guys came back from 21 down against GW, you guys had a good 700 at the game. You guys were rocking...I drove all the way to Danville from VCU to watch that game lol..I'm expecting at least any where from 850-1000 strong from Axton/LP/Horsepasture/Spencer/Irisburg/Ridgeway! Should be a great atmosphere.

Last edited:
Can you imagine Magna Visat and GW danville both in Liberty playing for state titles one after another? The whole southside will be in attendance and I truly believe it will be the largest crowd for both teams ever.
Personally I think it can happen. GW will probably play Amherst in the first round, an unproven (which some will argue GW is too) John Champe team in the second, and probably Salem in the next round (which will be a revenge game that GW loves (got blasted by Courtland in 2013, beat them last year). It won't be easy, but very doable if they play the way that they're capable. I don't think anybody outside our area knows just how good MV and GW really is despite our weak district. MV proved themselves last year, it's time for GW to prove themselves and take the next step.

Reactions: Lewis918777
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT