ADVERTISEMENT

Magna Vista vs Halifax

Aug 11, 2017
What’s going on with Magna Vista? Was Halifax’s defense that good or was Magna Vista’s offense that bad tonight? Who would’ve thought they’d only score 14 points?

Halifax D is pretty good. Gave up 28 to JF and a ton to GW, but I was told they shot themselves in the foot against JF and tried a new scheme against GW. I don't think any other team has scored more than 12 against them.

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
Mv had a fumble inside the 10, two more turnovers inside the 20. Major interception at the end of the game to tie the ball game. Halifax had 2 block punts, because our punter now runs 5 or 6 yards before he punts the ball. Halifax was to quick for that and made them pay. That block punt set up Halifax score at the end to take the lead. Instead of making them go 70 yards they only had to go about 30. Halifax run defense is solid other than the one big break out run by Lewis, MV run game was shut down. Jusy like the Franklin county game MV had multiple opportunities to put this game away and never took advantage. Now they have to face a tough GW team, and follow with a improving Bassett team.

Reactions: VolNation85
The last Martinsville and Bassett teams came late in the 4th quarter during garbage time.

I was honestly shocked that we won that game. We’ve probably played our sloppiest game of the entire season and still won. We could make it until around the MV 40 then sputter out. The game really could have gone either way. It’s probably the biggest win Halifax has had this decade in my opinion

GW still has Magna Vista and Martinsville. Halifax has Patrick County and Tunstall. Halifax is the more likely of the two to lose a possible game. However, if they both win out, home field will come down to out of district opponents and their wins/losses. It could come down to tenths of a point who hosts.

Pulaski still has two very tough games remaining and if they lose 1 or 2, that could change some seeds as well.

Somebody could be 8-2 and end up the 5th seed.

GW still has Magna Vista and Martinsville. Halifax has Patrick County and Tunstall. Halifax is the more likely of the two to lose a possible game. However, if they both win out, home field will come down to out of district opponents and their wins/losses. It could come down to tenths of a point who hosts.

Pulaski still has two very tough games remaining and if they lose 1 or 2, that could change some seeds as well.

Somebody could be 8-2 and end up the 5th seed.
Luckily Dinwiddie has MBK and Dale left. Wins by Dinwiddie and Glass should give GW the rider points they need to outpoint Halifax.

I think JF will be the difference maker in seeding. Since GW beat JF, every time JF wins GW gets two points. As a loser to JF, Halifax only gets a point for a JF win.

GW lost 2 of 3 out of district games and Halifax won 2 of 3. Both defeated opponents have chances of winning remaining games. This is why I tjink JF is the difference. They don't win and neither school gets points.

Reactions: Go_Cometss
Here’s Halifax’s out of district opponents’ remaining games (excluding JF)

Person (1-7) has games against Rockingham County (2-7) and NE Guilford (7-2)

Park View (3-4) has games against Southhampton (4-4) and Windsor (2-6). Canceling the Bluestone game earlier in the season really hurts them and us.

Nottoway (6-2) has games against Bluestone (2-5) and Buckingham (7-1).

I think they will all go 3-3 to end the season.

A JF loss to Brookville would be pivotal. If MV beats GW (Which I can’t see happening) I think Halifax seals the home field, and would get a share of the PD Championship for the first time ever.

If Pulaski was to lose out (Salem and PH-Roanoke remaining), GW and Halifax could both get home advantage, and the region would look like

1. Salem
2. Glass
3.HC/GW
4.HC/GW
5. Pulaski
6. Blacksburg
7. JF
8. Amherst

Mv had a fumble inside the 10, two more turnovers inside the 20. Major interception at the end of the game to tie the ball game. Halifax had 2 block punts, because our punter now runs 5 or 6 yards before he punts the ball. Halifax was to quick for that and made them pay. That block punt set up Halifax score at the end to take the lead. Instead of making them go 70 yards they only had to go about 30. Halifax run defense is solid other than the one big break out run by Lewis, MV run game was shut down. Jusy like the Franklin county game MV had multiple opportunities to put this game away and never took advantage. Now they have to face a tough GW team, and follow with a improving Bassett team.
Halifax also had several crucial turnovers but were able to keep MV from capitalizing. The blocked punt was crucial at the end of the game because Halifax had several starters out and the oline was down to the 3rd string guys it appeared so I doubt they would have been able to drive the length of the field. Halifax Defense is a lot better than people give them credit for especially on the defensive line. They have one of the best dlines Ive seen this season, out of the games Ive seen they are maybe second best to EC Glass, but I haven't seen several teams play. They are well coached you can tell and put a lot of pressure on the QBs and are great at stopping run game and I think they made the difference Friday night. I personally thought MV would win the game but did not think it would be easy, and I also think MV has a shot against GW if they can slow down the run game because I think they can score with them.

What is going on with the Warriors? Magna Vista is not playing to its potential! The O-line needs to make some adjustments, play calling is sketchy, and to many penalties. I watched the game live and they should have not lost that game. 4 &1 and you have a 6'2 qb why not go for it! I hope they can get it together by friday because they face a GW team that wont take it easy on them.

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
What is going on with the Warriors? Magna Vista is not playing to its potential! The O-line needs to make some adjustments, play calling is sketchy, and to many penalties. I watched the game live and they should have not lost that game. 4 &1 and you have a 6'2 qb why not go for it! I hope they can get it together by friday because they face a GW team that wont take it easy on them.
My dad told me (because he’s seen MV play multiple times) that is as good as the Warriors are, they are very very undisciplined. After seeing GW’s inability to cover the pass and stop the home run hitters (Barlow & Kendrick), I originally picked MV to win this game especially with a player of Louis Taylor’s (Liberty commit) talent. Dryus Hairston is the best QB in 3A IMO but he hasn’t been let loose and something is holding him back.. I have to go with GW in this one. It’ll be close but I like GW 49-35. MV is one of the most talented teams in all of 3A (I would place them behind Hopewell, Lafeyette and LB) but they haven’t been playing well as of late.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT