ADVERTISEMENT

magna vista vs northside

my prediction is if it rains both teams will struggle at first and then get there footing literally and magna vista defense comes up big and magna vista wins 20-14

Already a thread on this game but not much talk about it. I don’t think there’s any northside fans on va preps. I haven’t heard anything about northside this year so no clue what kind of team they have. From highlights I’ve seen I think they have a freshman qb that runs well and a very good rb. They’ve played tough teams close this season so I think they will be a tough team to beat. MV better bring there best. I think this is the best 3a game in second round but no talk about it.

Last edited:
This should be a good game from both teams. It may come down to which team wants it the most. If we play warrior football with minimal mistakes we should come back down 220 with the win.

I'm confident in our defense (MV) to do their job. Just need the offense to move the ball and not turn it over. IF MV plays how I know they're capable of then they win by two scores.

Reactions: LowRider635
I see a low scoring game , 14-7? Last time mv went to northside the grass was 6 inches tall and wet. Didn’t rain for 2weeks before game.

Last edited:
Reactions: ridge98
I can shed a little bit of light on Northside:

They are a very good defensive team but they have had some very poor offensive games, which is to be expected from a team starting a freshman QB.

The defensive line is the biggest strength of the team. The DEs Gavin Preston (6'3 210 Sr) and Zach Horton (6'4 220 Jr) are both very good... Horton is one of the best overall players in the Roanoke area. Ethan Blank (6'2 300 Sr) is very tough to move inside but they will also use a variety of some smaller, quicker players inside, especially against spread teams. They also have a very good MLB in Jacob Elliott (5-11 220 Sr). The rest of the defense, in my opinion, is not quite as strong but is still solid. They have some pretty good cover guys in the secondary and good athleticism but they are on the smaller side and are not the best tacklers. Overall, the defense is very assignment sound and do rally to the football well and take good angles. How well the MV OL deals with the two DEs is going to have a big factor on how the game plays out.

On the offensive side of the ball they are not nearly as good but can still be very dangerous. Senior Christian Fisher (Head Coach's son) has been a very good WR since his freshman year but has moved to being the main RB this year. He runs tougher than his size would indicate and is pretty dangerous in the open field. He isn't 100% healthy and hasn't been for the entire year but he is toughing it out... he also plays in the defensive backfield full-time. Also, they have been getting Quentin Slash more involved lately on jet sweeps and he is very small but has good speed and quickness. Overall, the most dangerous offensive player is the aforementioned Zach Horton and he is very hard to keep track of. They line him up all over the field; he will line up as an in-line TE, he will motion as an H-back, they will split him wide and they will put him in the backfield and let him carry the ball. He is a very good blocker and also very dangerous on jump balls when they split him out wide. Blank and Elliott, who I mentioned earlier are the two offensive tackles and the best OL on the team and Preston plays at one of the guard positions. Finally, the QB is Freshman Sidney Webb. He is a dangerous duel threat player but he is definitely prone to making some mistakes but he has been playing with confidence lately.

Northside has a quality football team and I think this should be one of the best matchups this week. As you might have already gathered, one very big weakness for Northside is depth. They have a LOT of players that play full-time on both sides of the ball. All of the quality defensive players that I mentioned also have to play offense. You will notice big Ethan Blank chasing down plays early in the game and think, "wow he really hustles but can he keep this up all game?" and early in the year the answer was definitely no. I can't say if has been the same lately as conditions have cooled and he has probably continued to get in better shape.

Reactions: RKE Fan and ridge98
Game went about as expected with no offense from MV. Probably worst outing the defense had all year.. Northside beat em with QB, rb and great o line and D line. By the numbers Nside looks like a 2A school, but dont let that fool you.. for a group that has to play both sides of the ball, they are very discipline, play their assignments and block very well for that fast RB they have. They looked just as fresh in the 4th as they did the 1st.. the rb had enough speed to go east and west then find the hole and shoot upfield.. i thought MV just looked unprepared from the get go. Alot of 3 and outs, penalties, no blocking. MV still had a decent year, best defense i seen in a while. Hopefully they will regroup for next year. NSIDE botetourt, i think Nside will win a close one. Good luck to all still standing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT