ADVERTISEMENT

Man Mike,

DinwiddieProud

VaPreps All State
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2013
Blacksburg must be horrible. When Salem can’t keep from hanging 76 on them, Blacksburg must have just quit. I know Salem had everybody but the Cheerleaders playing, and they still couldn't keep from scoring. When your 2’s and 3’s and lower are scoring, the other team should be embarrassed.

No quit in those kids, just not as much athletic ability as they need when facing an opponent like Salem. First series was ominous like the last time they played in Salem as their best player, a TB, was injured and lost for the game chasing down and tackling a fumble returner. Very reminiscent of when Salem was up 70-0 at the half on Hidden Valley a few years ago, just everything that could go wrong for Blacksburg did go wrong. Pick 6, an incredibly inopportune time to rush a punt off going into a very strong headwind, fumbles recovered inside the 5, and more. Salem's also a really bad team to have that many mistakes against, they just punish you for it.

Salem might not have had 300 yards of offense. Blacksburg had one good drive that yielded a couple first downs and they landed on the Salem 48 only for one play later Payton Lewis comes untouched for a sack to take them back across the 50.

Blacksburg's scheduling also isn't doing them any favors at this point. Salem is a district foe but Graham, Giles, LB, and Amherst are their OOD teams and that's insane. Best thing they could do would be to end all of those ASAP and pick up some winnable Class 1/2 games to build a little hope in the program.

Blacksburg must be horrible. When Salem can’t keep from hanging 76 on them, Blacksburg must have just quit. I know Salem had everybody but the Cheerleaders playing, and they still couldn't keep from scoring. When your 2’s and 3’s and lower are scoring, the other team should be embarrassed.
Blacksburg didn't quit, they were just seriously overwhelmed and outnumbered. I counted 29 players for them. That's a pretty low number for C4. On the Hudl roster I think they have 34 players for Varsity and 7 of them are Freshman.

They threw a Pick 6, had a snap over the punters head that gave Salem a TD, a fumble inside their own 5. Just really a tough night for them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT