ADVERTISEMENT

Manchester VS Deep Run

oldfool2

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Nov 17, 2019
Will Deep Run make a deep run in playoffs or will Manchester stop them?

I've been quiet and I should probably stay so. But I said it at the beginning of the year and I will say it again now: Bo knows. If he plays well and doesn't turn the ball over the 'Cats could be on the field again next week. DR has flaws, but nobody has been able to expose them enough to put more points on the board than us. I don't expect to see Garcia & Todd running through the wide open holes they have had in other games. Can the D keep Garcia under wraps and not get hurt by his scrambling ability while not giving up big plays in the passing game? If the D steps up, then can the Offense grind out enough first downs and make enough big plays to outscore the Lancers?

We will see tomorrow night. Go Wildcats!

I've been quiet and I should probably stay so. But I said it at the beginning of the year and I will say it again now: Bo knows. If he plays well and doesn't turn the ball over the 'Cats could be on the field again next week. DR has flaws, but nobody has been able to expose them enough to put more points on the board than us. I don't expect to see Garcia & Todd running through the wide open holes they have had in other games. Can the D keep Garcia under wraps and not get hurt by his scrambling ability while not giving up big plays in the passing game? If the D steps up, then can the Offense grind out enough first downs and make enough big plays to outscore the Lancers?

We will see tomorrow night. Go Wildcats!

I agree with what you laid out. However, This will be the first opponent you have played this year that you won’t be able to physically push around. Not saying they (man) will push DR around either. Do you have the athletes to match up with theirs is my question? I know your QB and wideout are very good. What are your thoughts on DR’a other skill players verses Manchester’s?

I agree with what you laid out. However, This will be the first opponent you have played this year that you won’t be able to physically push around. Not saying they (man) will push DR around either. Do you have the athletes to match up with theirs is my question? I know your QB and wideout are very good. What are your thoughts on DR’a other skill players verses Manchester’s?
Skill players other than qb and wrs? How about the O and D line? Does Deep Run have the the Linemen that can matchup with Manchester's? Manchester is big and physical on both sides!

Reactions: RVA804

Skill players other than qb and wrs? How about the O and D line? Does Deep Run have the the Linemen that can matchup with Manchester's? Manchester is big and physical on both sides!

Both are good questions. Our O & D lines have been undersized in most games so this is nothing new. Manchester's lines may indeed be a step up in class, but I don't expect our guys to let themselves get pushed around. I expect our D line to try to beat them to a spot and hold their ground. Our O line just has to prevent penetration and give Bo Kite and Alva Rose a crack and let our two "mauls" split them open.

You don't hear a lot about Miles Ellis or Kyle Gensone, but if they get into the open field they can burn you. Gabe Henderson is probably the WR you were referring to and his size and speed mean he can go get the ball down the field or up in the air. Don't sleep on Josh Jackson or Carter Foy on the other side. If Alva needs a spell, then CJ Crump would step in and you might not notice the difference other than size.

Manchester could come out and do to DR what they did to Monacan and others. But this DR team is playing with a ton of confidence and even swagger. The additions to the coaching staff the past two years (especially this year's additions) have made a tremendous difference on the sidelines not to mention at practice.

It will take a very well played game and few mistakes on our side for DR to win. But I can tell you this team is not just happy to be in the second round. These Cats are thinking they have more games to play. We will see tonight if they are just dreaming.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Deep Run to get the W tonight and all players go home un injured.

Deep Run has plenty of athletes and they've played well against run option spread teams ; the only time they struggled on D is when PH decided to just run it right at them. They are good sideline to sideline but small up front. I think the difference tonight is who throws it better as both teams are likely to stack the box.

Deep Run has plenty of athletes and they've played well against run option spread teams ; the only time they struggled on D is when PH decided to just run it right at them. They are good sideline to sideline but small up front. I think the difference tonight is who throws it better as both teams are likely to stack the box.
Deep Run hasn’t seen anything close to as good as Manchester! They really haven’t faced an above average quality team all year!

Manchester by 3 TDs!

Both are good questions. Our O & D lines have been undersized in most games so this is nothing new. Manchester's lines may indeed be a step up in class, but I don't expect our guys to let themselves get pushed around. I expect our D line to try to beat them to a spot and hold their ground. Our O line just has to prevent penetration and give Bo Kite and Alva Rose a crack and let our two "mauls" split them open.

You don't hear a lot about Miles Ellis or Kyle Gensone, but if they get into the open field they can burn you. Gabe Henderson is probably the WR you were referring to and his size and speed mean he can go get the ball down the field or up in the air. Don't sleep on Josh Jackson or Carter Foy on the other side. If Alva needs a spell, then CJ Crump would step in and you might not notice the difference other than size.

Manchester could come out and do to DR what they did to Monacan and others. But this DR team is playing with a ton of confidence and even swagger. The additions to the coaching staff the past two years (especially this year's additions) have made a tremendous difference on the sidelines not to mention at practice.

It will take a very well played game and few mistakes on our side for DR to win. But I can tell you this team is not just happy to be in the second round. These Cats are thinking they have more games to play. We will see tonight if they are just dreaming.

@DRWildcatDad2018 just wanted to drop you a note on a fabulous season. Manchester is a tough draw bc they are very well balanced with the run pass. When we played Manchester, we could not stop their read option. When we finally stopped it they went over the top twice on us with two pretty deep balls. Deep Run had an amazing season and I am hearing a lot of those kids will be back next year?

I thought Manchester would win by 2 or 3 scores with Bo Kite healthy but after watching this game. I truly believe Deep Run would have won if Bo could have stayed 100%. Manchester didn’t look like they could stop him either and with pretty much everyone coming back including Bo and Gabe there gonna be a problem next year!!

Reactions: DRWildcatDad2018
@DRWildcatDad2018 just wanted to drop you a note on a fabulous season. Manchester is a tough draw bc they are very well balanced with the run pass. When we played Manchester, we could not stop their read option. When we finally stopped it they went over the top twice on us with two pretty deep balls. Deep Run had an amazing season and I am hearing a lot of those kids will be back next year?

Thank you! You are always a true sportsman on this board. And your score prediction was spot on.

It was a great season and surpassed expectations for many outside of the program (of course) and more than a few in the program as well. As I predicted we would have to play a mistake free game to beat Manchester. Congratulations to the Lancers as they were the ones to avoid turnovers and make plays when they needed them. Garcia and Figueroa had great games by making guys miss and breaking tackles. As predicted they did not have the huge holes to run through, but both guys made strong runs on some long 3rd downs to keep drives alive.

I don't know how the game might have gone without Bo injuring that ankle, but it is reasonable to think it might have been closer. Not having him available on defense where he has made big plays situationally all year might have taken a little oomph out of our D. It was clear that he wasn't moving well and it affected some of his passes. Props to the kid for gutting it out and even trying to run the rock late in the game.

None of that takes away anything from Manchester and what they accomplished. They won the game and earned the win in all 3 phases of the game. And despite all the talk about Deep Run and its schedule/opponents, it should be counted as a quality win for Manchester. I think our boys proved they could go toe to toe with them or anybody for that matter.

Most of our well known guys are back next year, but we do lose some key contributors; guys that really stepped up their games since they first suited up for Deep Run. We will need young guys to follow in their footsteps and keep/build that momentum in the program.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT