ADVERTISEMENT

Manchester's Andre Booker Chooses Richmond

CRF4Dan

Richmond Region Football Writer
Staff
Dec 17, 2012
Mechanicsville, VA
No decision in life is ever easy, particularly when you are a senior choosing where to further your education. For some who play a sport, not only are you looking for the right school academically but also a school that will allow you to continue playing the sport you love and is a good fit for your skill set. Well recently Andre Booker of Manchester had to make that decision and it was not easy but in the end, he chose Richmond because of all they had to offer.

We profiled Andre last year and at the time he had interest from schools such as Boston College, Maryland, NC State, ODU, Virginia and Virginia Tech. He initially committed to JMU in April of last year but decommitted just this past November. Andre still chose a school in state but a bit closer to home in the Richmond Spiders.

When it came down to it, "I wanted to play where my family and coaches' could come see me". By coaches we are speaking of the Manchester Lancer who coaches who have helped mold him into the man he is today. In fact, Coach Hall of Manchester believes he is a great fit for the Spiders. "He's big and athletic. U of R really likes how well he runs for a big man."

When choosing where to go, the second time around, it came to Richmond and Delaware. The fact that Andre could play so close to home and for a winning program, well that was just a plus. "Champions in 2008, 9-4 this season, it's the best of both worlds". Both worlds being a winning program with an excellent academic reputation. At Richmond Andre will be able to excel on the football field as well as in the classroom so that his future, whether it is or is not in football, will be a bright one.

Football wise those, Andre is excited. He is looking to bring new life to the defensive line in addition to speed and power to the interior. He feels his job will be to make the job of the linebacker and defensive backs easier. He's done quite well for himself at Manchester and there is no doubt he will have an impact at Richmond. In fact, Coach Hall believes that impact could be immediate. By immediate, we mean this coming fall. Andre was recruited hard by Richmond's defensive line coach, Coach Belin in large part because the Spiders are losing so many from their defensive line to graduation, six by my count.

The Dukes loss is the Spiders gain and if Andre has the kind of career at Richmond that he has had at Manchester; watch out.

This post was edited on 12/18 8:09 PM by CRF4Dan

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News