ADVERTISEMENT

Martinsville at Dan River

Who wins

• Total voters
Very small place. Very tough environment and a different tough than GW. Not as much going on at one time at DR but because it's so small, it's loud and hard for the away team. Dan River just had their 50 something game home win streak come to an end this year by Halifax. This should be played at GW Danville since they play Monday night.

Martinsville play like world beaters in the 1st half, then 2nd half comes and it's like two different teams. Adkins better pull out a rabbits foot or something. This team is good enough to win the whole thing. He just has to rite the ship. He has the talent and speed on the team. DSH, that game should never had been close last nite. Watch, Chatham may go over there and beat Glenvar. Glenvar is good but not Martinsville level good.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Martinsville play like world beaters in the 1st half, then 2nd half comes and it's like two different teams. Adkins better pull out a rabbits foot or something. This team is good enough to win the whole thing. He just has to rite the ship. He has the talent and speed on the team. DSH, that game should never had been close last nite. Watch, Chatham may go over there and beat Glenvar. Glenvar is good but not Martinsville level good.
Yes sir. I hate that Martinsville and Dan River has to play in the 1st round.

Reactions: AntGZee
It is what it is now. Like I said, "Martinsville as a whole, was its own worst enemy". Two games in a row, they blow big leads.

Last edited:
If you're trying to get to this game Tuesday then I'd get into contact with both of these schools to get advanced tickets. Believe me, it will sell out by the end of the school day Tuesday. When Chatham and Altavista came to DR a couple of years ago the line was as far back as the football stadium. They allotted maybe 150 tickets to each school to sell during school hours and when they were gone then DR students literally got out of class and stood in line. DR gym maybe holds 750-800 people so it will be complete chaos.

Very poor leadership within VHSL, allowing this game to be played in such a small gym. No playoff games should be played on anyone's home court, no matter who.

After hearing Devil's explaination why, Dan River would never give this game up. There will be at least 100 people turned away at the door. Concessions will make a fortune plus ticket sales.

I'm sure they wouldn't but more money to be made at a larger venue.

No one should EVER be turned away. Tax money supports the high schools. Pays coaches salaries/supplements. Last time I went to DR for a tournament game, I got turned away. and I had a coaches pass. This happened shortly after I saw some DR coaches get in to another sold out game, at another school, "thru the back door".

No one should EVER be turned away. Tax money supports the high schools. Pays coaches salaries/supplements. Last time I went to DR for a tournament game, I got turned away. and I had a coaches pass. This happened shortly after I saw some DR coaches get in to another sold out game, at another school, "thru the back door".
LOL YEP!!! Sounds about like Dan River. I stood in line for about 2 hours that night and they let about 10 people they knew in who pulled up and walked in before the 75-100 people in line got in. BTW.. They are sending tickets to Martinsville for presale tomorrow @AntGZee

Not getting many tickets to sell Ant, ought to get to the school early tommorow to be sure you get one. Root hard for me too, due to a prior responsibility and the early start time I can't make it tommorow, hope you can post some scores to keep us updated.

Hey, the Dawgs can't win them all. We just played a better team and better coached team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT