ADVERTISEMENT

Martinsville Bulldawgs

AntGZee

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Gold Member
Nov 30, 2015
I'm not one to gloat. I'm happy with the W. One step closer to ultimate goal. EyE on #15.

Copy and pasted from DR vs Appo thread (I added to it though):
Yall have a strong team. Never seen a team work zone D so good (especially 2-3). I didnt see anyone flashing on our team consistently. We didnt work baseline well either. Yall shoot lights out! Everyone hits the 3!!! Amazing!!! We could not get a open look much because yalls zone plays so high and ya defense crashes in fast to defend shot. Yall fast too!
My only gripe would be 15 getting foul called every time he got tapped. He hooked our guys all night long and never got called 1 time?!!

I like to see towns get behind their local sports like ur town did in basketball.

#3s D is amazing. I found him after game to shake hand and give props. Yall still had the better team.
Okay okay...one more gripe. I never wanna see a kid get hurt, but 'a coach' that leaves his starters in all game (when u up by 40) deserves a kid to get hurt. Would have been a shame if #15 blowout ACL for rest of playoffs. Not to mention a D1 scholarship on the line. Pitiful coaching syle and he deserves a few kids go down on him.

Nobody deserves a kid to get hurt. If you have a problem with how long he left his starters in, take it up with the coach, punch him in the nose, call him a bully, call his mom names but to suggest he deserves his kids to get hurt, naw that's bush. You can get hurt in the first :30 seconds of a 0-0 game as much as you can in a 40 point blow out. Sounds like you are trying to say that somebody should have tried to hurt somebody because of the situation, don't go after the kids go after the coach. Again congrats on your season and also congrats on your state championship in football, hope you repeat next year.

I know that, I don't want any kids hurt.

Last edited:
I never wanna see a kid get hurt, but 'a coach' that leaves his starters in all game (when u up by 40) deserves a kid to get hurt. .......he deserves a few kids go down on him.

You're taking things way too far Advocate. The coach may deserve many things by leaving starters in up by 40......but what do the kids deserve? Do they deserve to get hurt by the coach's decision of leaving them in? The coach chose to leave the starters in. The kids didn't decide that. So they don't deserve to get hurt. Don't be a sore loser.

I said the COACH deserves a kid to go down on him. COACH deserves it!!!

No sore loser, but ur coach is an idiot! M'ville fans need to care more about their kids future than to run the score up 40-60 point on a team they are clobbering. Your fan @AntGZee said he did it for "entertainment."
What a JOKE!!! If i was a parent, i would be screaming at the top of my lungs at the coach! I dont think its a good look and it sad yall supporting that kind of sportsmanship. Its all fun and games until ya star player goes down with a ACL for rest of playoffs. I wouldnt feel bad at all for ur COACH or FANS that supported it.

You dont think your bench has put in enough practice time to not get used in a game that yall up by 40? Pitiful!

So what if you can get hurt in first 30 seconds?! You cant prevent that, but you can prevent it in a game up by 40!

Raiders would've CRUSHED Mville in football this year, but you best believe our coach would have called the dogs off. Like he should have. Many of are kids are going to colleges to play football. What is the point to leave them in? What to puff ya chest out? Pride? "Entertain"?
Im cool if yall put in ur bench and still beat us by 40, 50, 60, 100.
Your coach is a nitwit for what he pulled yesterday. I stand by that.

U would hv to refresh my memory on the entertainment thing. I don't remember saying that. I'm in agreement of pulling starters out during a blow out. If I gave the entertainment comment then I was wrong for that statement.

Reactions: AdvocateOfMany434
U would hv to refresh my memory on the entertainment thing. I don't remember saying that. I'm in agreement of pulling starters out during a blow out. If I gave the entertainment comment then I was wrong for that statement.

Pretty sure that you misunderstood. Ant said in his response that MM is entertaining, the MM was for Monk Man. The entertaining comment had nothing to do with the coach.

Reactions: AntGZee
Thanx Mayberryite, that sounds more like it. When it comes kids, I don't believe in humiliation. I believe in sportsmanship.

And he's not my coach. I am in no way associated with Martinsville. Gretna and Page County are the places that my allegiances lie nowadays.

But if a kid goes down, is that hurting the coach or the kid more? The kid obviously.

Anyway, sorry about the storm in Appo. Hope you're safe.

You said it in other thread. U said that the coach likes to keep crowd entertained.let me go back to thread and read it.

And he's not my coach. I am in no way associated with Martinsville. Gretna and Page County are the places that my allegiances lie nowadays.

But if a kid goes down, is that hurting the coach or the kid more? The kid obviously.

Anyway, sorry about the storm in Appo. Hope you're safe.
Yes, thanks for asking. I thought the storm hit Appo last night. I NEVER THOUGHT THAT WAS THE PRECURSOR TO WHAT WAS COMING.
We are a mess, 2 of our starting football players lost everything. One was all state OL. The tragedies just dont stop for appo.

I will be honest, I'm not a fan of Coach Adkins as a coach. I am a fan of him as a former Bulldawg player. I still think Jason Nibblett should have been our coach.

The fans certainly don't support that. Example: 4/5 years ago, we were ready for the playoffs, our last game was against Patrick Co. We were beating them by 70 points and Coach Jackson still had the starters in, needless to the worst happened. Our PG broke his leg.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT