ADVERTISEMENT

Maury up 21-0

Nov 17, 2011
with 2 4th down stops one from the 1yd line maury is looking like more than and offensive team and starting to open up on SB 21-0 2Q

Reactions: springer76
28-21 now and Maury is looking gassed.... If the Bulldogs can hold them and get the ball back quickly, Maury could be in trouble. Maury is bigger, stronger and deeper. They could be wearing out the Commodores.
Stone Bridge is controlling the LOS and beating Maury in the trenches..

I like how Maury use there best athlete Lambert at qb, corner back and receiver that was smart , to be honest I said it before Varina, highland springs and Maury was gonna win the state championship, congrats Maury

Congrats to Maury on a big win!!!!! Nice final drive keeping the ball out of the Bulldogs hands!!
They had a ton of help from SB-failing to down the punt at the one, then the roughing the kicker on Maury's punt, then jumping offsides on 4th and two, then a missed tackle in the backfield on 3rd and long. Not saying Maury would still not have won, but SB, once again, did not help their own cause allowing Maury to eat up almost the entire 4th quarter on that last drive.

Reactions: CHUKNOW and Va434
They had a ton of help from SB-failing to down the punt at the one, then the roughing the kicker on Maury's punt, then jumping offsides on 4th and two, then a missed tackle in the backfield on 3rd and long. Not saying Maury would still not have won, but SB, once again, did not help their own cause allowing Maury to eat up almost the entire 4th quarter on that last drive.
Stone Bridges defensive players need to go back to tackling class! About a million missed tackles didn't help either.
Also 2 times in scoring position (once at the 1 yd line, 4th & goal) could not cash in!
The missed tackles, penalties and inability to cash in when they really needed it, cost them the game. But.... my hat's off to Maury! Great team, great season, great job!
Congrats Commodores! 2019 VHSL Class 5 STATE CHAMPIONS! I know it feels good!
....and ...oh yeah.... congrats to the 757!

Reactions: CavsGrad
Just finished looking at a article on recruit757 and to say the least Stone bridge coach take your Loss. Dont sit there in your press conference talk about the fans talking about them being fans ok. Then to say the players and coaches showed bad sportsmanship.....explain to me WHERE YOU SEEN THAT AT. LET THE CHAMPIONS BE HAPPY FOR THEIR WIN. Last I saw it was your kids losing their head more then often from my view. So just take your loss and get back to your drawing board.

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
Coach Thompson was referring to some of the commentary and insults along the fence line behind the end zone as well as some things along the sideline. I know it delayed the ceremonies for both teams by 5-7 minutes following the game. Congrats to Maury on the win and the Class 5 championship.

Coach Thompson was referring to some of the commentary and insults along the fence line behind the end zone as well as some things along the sideline. I know it delayed the ceremonies for both teams by 5-7 minutes following the game. Congrats to Maury on the win and the Class 5 championship.
Ok and at the end of the day fans gonna be fans we all know this happens a lot and more should be done BUT I took the biggest issue when he started calling out the coaches and players with bad sportsmanship when there was no such display of it. When I seen his players losing their cool more times than one late in that 4th quarter.

Ok and at the end of the day fans gonna be fans we all know this happens a lot and more should be done BUT I took the biggest issue when he started calling out the coaches and players with bad sportsmanship when there was no such display of it. When I seen his players losing their cool more times than one late in that 4th quarter.
I think you are only looking at this from one point of view; possibly you are a Maury supporter? I work the visitor sidelines in many games and you would be astounded at some of the trash you hear, sometimes even from coaches-who are supposed to be role models. It is unfortunate, and wrong, and until someone decides it won't be tolerated it won't stop. That extends to the fans, too. Also, if fans want to trash talk a professional athlete, and maybe even college athletes, fine (it just shows your personal character). But trash talking a kid? Wrong on some many levels.

I've also have seen/heard some obnoxious announcers. They recite the VHSL sportsmanship rules/expectations and then act like a child rubbing it in behind the microphone. Tuscarora's announcer in 2017 was disgusting. Whoever mentioned Karma above is right on as the next year when Tuscarora seemed to be making a comeback against Woodgrove I recognized his voice from the top of our press box rubbing it in. Well he received it back from several of our fans as we took it to them in the 4th quarter. I agree there should be accountability for adults, especially coaches and announcers.

Reactions: springer76
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT