ADVERTISEMENT

Michael Dabney Jr. (Huguenot)

Watched the Bird game and unfortunately for Huguenot the dominion district has been pretty bad this year. They've dominated like they are supposed to but because of the weak schedule I would go Varina and Dinwiddie over Huguenot right now. Varina's D line might be the X factor between the 3.

I’ve seen all 3. The only weakness Huguenot has is no kicking game. If Huguenot played Varina, Varina doesn’t has nearly enough offense to beat them. Huguenot will score on their defense. Don’t really see Dinwiddie’s defense being able to hold Huguenot enough to win. Varina was my pick and I’m sticking with that. Just think Huguenot is the better football team of the 3.

If I am being honest I would have to say Huguenot has the most weapons and is the most balanced team of the three. Varina surely has the best defense of the three and I would give the coaching edge to Dinwiddie.

Being biased, I must reference a few things that have not been pointed out and may be unknown to most. 1. Harry Dalton's involvement in the running game this season has been very limited and our two new running backs are starting to put up nice numbers. Don't think for a minute that Dalton will not be a prime weapon beginning 11/5/24. 2. The offensive line has improved a ton and our three year starting guard is back from a preseason knee injury. 3. Our very young front seven has matured and the run defense has only allowed 127 yards in the last 4 games. Thomas Dale had 87 of those.

Not saying Maury would not still beat Dinwiddie soundly, but this is a very different team. All jokes aside the Generals played a very strong OOD schedule (three opponents are 18-3) and it's paying off. Don't know how things will go, but a win against Matoaca and a Varina loss will force teams to come to Navy Nation in the Region playoffs. That my friends is never an easy task.

Proud of Region B. We may not be able to take down Phoebus, but top to bottom it's the best in the state. No matter who represents B in the semi-final I will rooting them on.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
DM me on this jawn if you can bro! Hope to meet you and talk some trash come playoff time 😂 definitely feel like Huguenot is the team to beat in B but it’s gonna be tight.
No clue how to DM up here but if Huguenot makes it to Darling i won’t be hard to find me. I’ll be the guy in a Phoebus 249 shirt screaming “which one of yall is Bo” at the exit gate after the game.

If I am being honest I would have to say Huguenot has the most weapons and is the most balanced team of the three. Varina surely has the best defense of the three and I would give the coaching edge to Dinwiddie.

Being biased, I must reference a few things that have not been pointed out and may be unknown to most. 1. Harry Dalton's involvement in the running game this season has been very limited and our two new running backs are starting to put up nice numbers. Don't think for a minute that Dalton will not be a prime weapon beginning 11/5/24. 2. The offensive line has improved a ton and our three year starting guard is back from a preseason knee injury. 3. Our very young front seven has matured and the run defense has only allowed 127 yards in the last 4 games. Thomas Dale had 87 of those.

Not saying Maury would not still beat Dinwiddie soundly, but this is a very different team. All jokes aside the Generals played a very strong OOD schedule (three opponents are 18-3) and it's paying off. Don't know how things will go, but a win against Matoaca and a Varina loss will force teams to come to Navy Nation in the Region playoffs. That my friends is never an easy task.

Proud of Region B. We may not be able to take down Phoebus, but top to bottom it's the best in the state. No matter who represents B in the semi-final I will rooting them on.
Should be 19-2 but I’m not gone speak on North Stafford giving the game away Friday 😑

Should be 19-2 but I’m not gone speak on North Stafford giving the game away Friday 😑
North got robbed on Friday. With under a minute left they scored once, got called back on a hold and had another big play that got called back before they got picked off. Refs dictated that game.

Reactions: General172011

Dinwiddie’s coaching and offense is the independent variable of the whole region. Which Varina team shows up and if Huguenot plays disciplined football is the dependent variable IMO.. I think Huguenot is well coached, however, they have to clean some stuff up. Your star player can’t be getting ejected when you’re up by running clock. I think another huge variable is King George. They are clicking at the right time. I have them up there with Dinwiddie as the best coached team in the region. They have 5 very good athletes on offense that they can get the ball to. They’ve been susceptible to the run so that could hurt them but they still have the “Charles Johnson Factor” on D.

Reactions: BleedingNavy
North got robbed on Friday. With under a minute left they scored once, got called back on a hold and had another big play that got called back before they got picked off. Refs dictated that game.
Yeah that part was horrendous they scored in 2 plays a got a phantom holding call then got to the 6 yard line but another phantom call smh. But man that Stafford drive to take the lead was bad all the way around for NS an giving up a free 15 yards on 3rd down because you can’t control your emotions was the dagger 😔

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
I honestly need to watch a KG game. I had written them off coming into the year. But it's clear they are a "program" and have been improving all year.
They truly have one of the top 5 staffs in the entire state of Virginia. I think of them as the Air Raid version of Salem as a program. They don’t have the championships but they are a model program who beats you off of discipline, sound technique and coaching. Vern Lunsford could take 3 Putt Charlie in at QB and he’ll throw for 1500 yards. They have a very underrated nucleus of Charles Johnson (RB/LB committed to UConn), Gunnar Reagar (ATH committed to one of the service academies), Ky’Mani Carpenter who IMO is a top 5 player in the region and will play FBS football, and an impressive SCAT Back in Simeon Battle on offense. Definitely a dangerous team to send any of the 3 teams we talk about, home. The top 4 (Varina, Dinwiddie, Huguey and KG) is the deepest top 4 in all of VA. GAUNTLET!

Last edited:
Reactions: General172011
Well @BoKnowsSports, I think you have made some very valid points. Coach Lunsford has developed a nice program in a short period of time and they have sound community support.

I guess my only concern is Lunsford has improved each of his last three quarterbacks who transferred in, but has not really developed one of his own. Dylan Koch, a backup from last year's team appears to be doing fine and if he continues to have success your theory will surely be validated.

I don't think anyone would be foolish enough to overlook the Foxes as they have arguably been the most consistent team in Region B in the past five years. Again, matchups are the key in Region B. Everybody has weaknesses that can be exploited.

While speaking about quarterback gurus I have to give credit to coach Billy Mills. With the exception of 2011 when Finney played over a young Ronald Kearney, Mills has developed a long list of successful starters.

2007-2009 Adam Morgan (Still holds state records) 2009 State finalist. VMI starter

2008-2010 Chris Hall, state semi finalist. VA Tech

2011 Bryan Finney

2011-2013 Ronald Kearney, state champion. CNU starter

2014-2016 Bryce Witt, State finalist. Chowan 4 year record setting starter.

2017-2018 Kymon Pope, two time region finalist. Lost three games in two years. DB VA State.

2019-2021 Brenton Hilton, Region finalist. Chowan.

2022-2024 Harry Dalton, state champion, 2 time all state, 2 time RVA player of the year, Verbal to USC.

Each of the players attended Mills QB school and learned the system. I couldn't be more proud of the leadership and lineage these guys bring to the table.

Well @BoKnowsSports, I think you have made some very valid points. Coach Lunsford has developed a nice program in a short period of time and they have sound community support.

I guess my only concern is Lunsford has improved each of his last three quarterbacks who transferred in, but has not really developed one of his own. Dylan Koch, a backup from last year's team appears to be doing fine and if he continues to have success your theory will surely be validated.

I don't think anyone would be foolish enough to overlook the Foxes as they have arguably been the most consistent team in Region B in the past five years. Again, matchups are the key in Region B. Everybody has weaknesses that can be exploited.

While speaking about quarterback gurus I have to give credit to coach Billy Mills. With the exception of 2011 when Finney played over a young Ronald Kearney, Mills has developed a long list of successful starters.

2007-2009 Adam Morgan (Still holds state records) 2009 State finalist. VMI starter

2008-2010 Chris Hall, state semi finalist. VA Tech

2011 Bryan Finney

2011-2013 Ronald Kearney, state champion. CNU starter

2014-2016 Bryce Witt, State finalist. Chowan 4 year record setting starter.

2017-2018 Kymon Pope, two time region finalist. Lost three games in two years. DB VA State.

2019-2021 Brenton Hilton, Region finalist. Chowan.

2022-2024 Harry Dalton, state champion, 2 time all state, 2 time RVA player of the year, Verbal to USC.

Each of the players attended Mills QB school and learned the system. I couldn't be more proud of the leadership and lineage these guys bring to the table.
It’s more of a testament to Lunsford though. No disrespect to their kids, but they’ve taken a few transfer QBs from mediocre programs and made all but one Region B championship since 2020, winning two regional ships. Those kids were pretty good high school QBs and Lunsford made them college level kids. It’s the system and development. Not sure how good their QB is this year but they have just as many playmakers as Varina and Dinwiddie.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT