ADVERTISEMENT

Moderation

mike salem

Nov 2, 2009
Salem
Just reading some recent posts and it's obvious we have little to no moderation on this board. (Administratively or poster wise)

Can't we all just get along? Before you hit post, think if it's necessary or adds anything to the discussion. If a thread is devolving just let it die.

We can disagree without being disagreeable. This is a board about HS kids and some are acting like they still belong there. Let's get it together guys. Let's be respectful, civil, and mature enough to rise above.

Last edited:
Just reading some recent posts and it's obvious we have little to no moderation on this board. (Administratively or poster wise)

Can't we all just get along? Before you hit post, think if it's necessary or adds anything to the discussion. If a thread is devolving just let it die.

We can disagree without being disagreeable. This is a board about HS kids and some are acting like they still belong there. Let's get it together guys. Let's be respectful, civil, and mature enough to rise above.
I prefer the ignore button. Short for ignoramus.

Reactions: Cat45 and gwb16
One reason i do not post that much anymore. But this forum is mostly Fredericksburg and points west of Richmond anyway, little of the east except for the one LT poster.

Reactions: gwb16 and mbonape1
We've tried this before Mike. Now the usual suspect is getting worse and worse, blatantly trying to get a rise out of folks daily in multiple threads. Then lies about ever posting them after they get deleted. I motion for Mike to be a paid moderator.

Last edited:
Reactions: gwb16 and OCBoy
Who the hell do you think you are Mike telling us to chill? You can't tell us what to do. Why don't you shove....., OUCH. My wife. Just slapped me across the room.

All kidding aside, I agree with Clarke. I have a few posters on ignore, and don't miss them one bit. I refuse to let a few posters taint my otherwise extremely enjoyable experience here on Preps.

I understand that some, (if not many), of our regulars have withdrawn from the forum because of some of the abrasive personalities that show up from time to time. Please don't. What we need is for you to post even more often. Just use the ole "ignoramous" feature. And all of the rest of us need to stop engaging these fools. You can't win an argument with a fool. And trying to only lowers you to their level.

Good job Mike.

Probably because somebody complained. Come on guys , we all know who the chiefs of this board are. Lol
30615226.jpg

Reactions: gwb16
But the Salem/PH thread is still up with my screenshot of shauntclair's nonsense still up. I sense some anti-Hoos bias.

Reactions: gwb16
Being a Gold Member, for a very select, small number of members earns you extra free passes for bad behavior....scratch the "bad", change that to unnecessary cheap shots. Guess the adage "pay to play" rings true here.

Wonder where Rod went, he's been absentee after being so talkative in past seasons.

Honestly, I prefer little to no moderation. I don't even use ignore on any board but I think I'm a bit more seasoned with s*** posting and trolls that than the rest of you due to my age. If there is moderation I prefer the eye in the sky rather than the man in the crowd; I don't want to know they're around and I don't want to hear who broke what rule.

As far as the epicenter(or really the sole cause) of this goes he just doesn't bother me but he's also 20-30+ years older than me and puts on the biggest front so I just imagine my dad getting on and trying to do the same act on a message board about high school football and it makes him infinitely amusing to me.

Wonder where Rod went, he's been absentee after being so talkative in past seasons.

Honestly, I prefer little to no moderation. I don't even use ignore on any board but I think I'm a bit more seasoned with s*** posting and trolls that than the rest of you due to my age. If there is moderation I prefer the eye in the sky rather than the man in the crowd; I don't want to know they're around and I don't want to hear who broke what rule.

As far as the epicenter(or really the sole cause) of this goes he just doesn't bother me but he's also 20-30+ years older than me and puts on the biggest front so I just imagine my dad getting on and trying to do the same act on a message board about high school football and it makes him infinitely amusing to me.
He's on the coaching staff at Oscar Smith @1MoreHokie

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT