ADVERTISEMENT

Most dominant Defense/Offense in years past

20Bronco06

VaPreps Rookie
Oct 27, 2012
Franklin
Franklin 2004 defense is the most dominant i have witness..shutdown every offense that year besides sussex in the regular season.that being the only loss..gave up zero points all throughout the playoffs..i think they gave up 60 points all season if im not mistaken..there size just intimidated everyone they played..they wanted to play the division 2 champs that year after the state game but of course that didnt happen lol

Franklin 2004 defense is the most dominant i have witness..shutdown every offense that year besides sussex in the regular season.that being the only loss..gave up zero points all throughout the playoffs..i think they gave up 60 points all season if im not mistaken..there size just intimidated everyone they played..they wanted to play the division 2 champs that year after the state game but of course that didnt happen lol
Mathews scored 7 on yall first round of playoffs...but still pretty dominating

Reactions: 20Bronco06
Tricky question when you try to use stats to back the argument up. My point with that is that most good defensive teams are up and play subs who may give up a score or two.

For the defensive side of the ball i would rank the 2016 RH team up there. I would also put the 2014 Wilson Hornets that only gave up 85 points all the the way through the championship game. They were tough across the board.

I hate to say it but offensively I liked what Staunton River had the last few years before the coaching debacle this year. And I always like what Giles is doing when it’s rolling. Altavista a few years ago was pretty prolific. There are so many that it’s hard to narrow down.

Great topic to discuss though.

That Franklin team that was defeated by GW in the playoffs had a pretty good offense as well.Travis Trap Brown was a touchdown machine..anyway you can look up past stats ?

2012 Essex for offense

The 2012 Essex Trojans had the most explosive, efficient and dominating passing attack in the history of Virginia Football (all Groups and classes).

It is even more amazing when you consider Essex was a Group A (smallest D2 high school - next year a 1A) and most schools still did not pass that much.

Air Raid at its finest.

The 2012 Essex Trojans had the most explosive, efficient and dominating passing attack in the history of Virginia Football (all Groups and classes).

It is even more amazing when you consider Essex was a Group A (smallest D2 high school - next year a 1A) and most schools still did not pass that much.

Air Raid at its finest.
That is bold statement in the history of all of va football

Reactions: MGF
Riverheads 2010 offense best I’ve seen at Riverheads. 1976 night stalkers the best defense I’ve seen at Riverheads

2002 or 2003 William Campbell was great. Any of the Vic Hall Gretna teams. 2000? W&L with Joe Taylor and 2007 CB with Brandon Foster

No they could have not done that against 6a teams, but it's not fair comparing a small 2a school at the time with having to justify their record by having to play against 6a schools for it to mean anything.

Maybe I misunderstood what he posted and I agree with what you posted about comparing a 2a school to a 6a school. The way I read the post was they were the best offense in all of va football and that is what I was debating. Not debating that they were not the best statistically in all of va football

Reactions: RappriverEHS
Nowhere near the best offense in all of VA. They didn't even win the championship that year. However, very exciting to watch and one of the better offenses I personally have seen.

For me it was the Staunton River team from 2016. I'm a single wing connoisseur, to say the least. I coach the offense, I study it religiously, I have coaching friends all over the country that I talk with constantly. I'm even a member of the National Single Wing Coaches Association. When that offense is run properly, it's a thing of beauty. I became good friends with Coach Haymore and Coach Phares, who were let go ,earlier in the season. I spent hours picking their brain, because even as a coach, when you stop learning, you stop growing. That year I think they had 766 points in 15 games and over 6000 yards rushing .Unbelievable numbers to say the least. In this pass happy era that we are in, I'll take a good single wing or double wing or wing t team any day. It's just smash mouth football at it's finest.

The 1996 Hampton team scored 819 points while allowing 83 in 14 games winning their second of four consecutive state championships!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hampton 67 - Heritage (NN) 0
Hampton 20 - Kecoughtan 17
Hampton 49 - Warwick 0
Hampton 74 - Denbigh 7
Hampton 83 - Woodside 0
Hampton 41 - Bethel 0
Hampton 62 - Gloucester 0
Hampton 61 - Phoebus 12
Hampton 62 - Lafayette 0
Hampton 71 - Menchville 0

Hampton 58 - Deep Creek 27
Hampton 44 - Norcom 6