ADVERTISEMENT

Mv-0 GW-7 end of 1..

17-0. Turnover by MV.. defense held GW 3 times inside the 30. One fieldgoal.. no offense reidsville all over again..

38-0 defense is gased... they played ball, though have to give em props.. coach needs to make a decision though on this qb situation

Reactions: LowRider635
If MV wants to make any type of run in the playoffs they need to stick with 1 QB. They have no mobility at QB which hurts this type of offense.

What are your concerns on the QB situation?

If you noticed in the game greenfield would get the snap and his 1st look was at the line to see where pressure was coming, he wouldn’t look at receivers at all. That happened on just about every pass play. He’s not very accurate. I just think Roberts has more upside. Roberts looks quicker but both aren’t a threat to run. With that said mv has no speed. 25 and 36 aren’t fast. There’s really no threat to break a big play from the backfield. Defenses don’t have to key in on the qb to keep it so just key in on rb and that qb/rb option takes way to long, THE OFF LINE CANT HOLD THERE BLOCK BUT SO LONG. Seems like coach would maybe do i -formation sometimes cause the backs are slow. You have to change depending on personnel. The future is the soph class, why not put Roberts in and let him take his lumps. That will give them 3 yrs to play together.

Reactions: LowRider635
If you noticed in the game greenfield would get the snap and his 1st look was at the line to see where pressure was coming, he wouldn’t look at receivers at all. That happened on just about every pass play. He’s not very accurate. I just think Roberts has more upside. Roberts looks quicker but both aren’t a threat to run. With that said mv has no speed. 25 and 36 aren’t fast. There’s really no threat to break a big play from the backfield. Defenses don’t have to key in on the qb to keep it so just key in on rb and that qb/rb option takes way to long, THE OFF LINE CANT HOLD THERE BLOCK BUT SO LONG. Seems like coach would maybe do i -formation sometimes cause the backs are slow. You have to change depending on personnel. The future is the soph class, why not put Roberts in and let him take his lumps. That will give them 3 yrs to play together.
Great Feed back 95mv. btw Class of 95 was a good year ;-)

Reactions: 95mv
I agree. Roberts and nate washington are both sophomores. They were already gelling in the 2 games Freddie started. I just thought the whole offense ran better with freddie. Alot of greenfield passes are just heave, and pray our guys come down with it. Freddie will also sit in the pocket, and make the throw. I notice also seemed like Friday night, as soon it was hiked greenfield would go into panic mode and start scrambling, but with no speed a quick defense eats that up. Greenfield big enough to play the line, if you feel like he needs to play, just line him up at tight end to be a blocker or something. These shutouts dont reflect how good MV defense is. They have a really good unit, and its good enough to make a playoff run, but they cant stay on the field the majority of the game.

Reactions: 95mv
I agree with a lot of your analysis. Greenfield could be a good tight end. I see the O-Line as the other weak leak thus far.

Defense did not look bad and would have looked better if the offense had given them some help.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT