ADVERTISEMENT

MV @ GW

ShadesMcgrades

VaPreps Rookie
Oct 3, 2015
its that time again, mv coming in this game with there defense playing really good, can they stop GW enough? Big game for both teams for playoff seeding. Should be a good one. I’m predicting MV 22-21

Last edited:
Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
its that time again, mv coming in this game with there defense playing really good, can they stop GW enough? Big game for both teams for playoff seeding. Should be a good one. I’m predicting MV 22-21
Magna Vista could very well win Shades but good luck holding GW to 21! Not being a jackazz but MV is going to have to outscore GW Friday.

This is best defense gw has faced. Not saying they’ll hold them under 30 but we’ll see

I've seen both teams and GW will win this game. I just feel MV is too young and GW can score in bunches. Not hating but MV is not better then 1/2 the teams GW has played already.

Shades, hope MV can pull it out, but it looks like the consensus is that they don't have much of a chance. But I really don't think, in my opinion, that GW will be the best team MV has faced this season. That team down highway 14 south was pretty darn good.

ShadesMcgrades just wondering if you've looked at the 4a pick'em lately. You are so far down the list that you may not have seen me at the top. Lol...I know you are a MV fan but they about to take a L.

I see ya up there with 90, I got 86 so right on your heels! Can I get some score predictions from people?? Let’s see who’s closest. Y’all convinced me to change so my new prediction is final score 35-34 MV . I just seen pioneer got GW 49-28 on other thread. I didn’t realize you started a thread in 4a already Danville my bad.

Last edited:
I see ya up there with 90, I got 86 so right on your heels! Can I get some score predictions from people?? Let’s see who’s closest. Y’all convinced me to change so my new prediction is final score 35-34 MV . I just seen pioneer got GW 49-28 on other thread. I didn’t realize you started a thread in 4a already Danville my bad.
Naw you good boss man! This game deserves a couple of threads!

Great it's chucksteel72 again! I only win when it counts, unlike your boys last year against Blacksburg.

Great it's chucksteel72 again! I only win when it counts, unlike your boys last year against Blacksburg.
By that definition it has been quite a while since your Pioneers won when it counts. We all know you don't want to actually talk about the last time your Pioneers were in one of those games that you consider to count.

Cutnjump....this year!!! Get your popcorn ready.
May be. Bradley is a good coach and a winner and his state championship teams in the past have been runaway favorites. If he wins this one with Heritage he will likely encounter a lot more resistance than he has had to deal with in any earlier championship seasons. Will be interesting to see if the Pioneers can actually cover the checks your mouth is writing.

Reactions: Chucksteel72
May be. Bradley is a good coach and a winner and his state championship teams in the past have been runaway favorites. If he wins this one with Heritage he will likely encounter a lot more resistance than he has had to deal with in any earlier championship seasons. Will be interesting to see if the Pioneers can actually cover the checks your mouth is writing.
Jump who you got Friday? Hometown boys or Magna Vista?

You might as well cash it in. I honestly think Heritage is going to run through 3a west playoffs pretty easy. I just don't see many challenging games in region C or D. A team from the East could possibly challenge heritage in championship game. We have Bradley and Torrence, two guys that have won the big game and weapons everywhere.

You might as well cash it in. I honestly think Heritage is going to run through 3a west playoffs pretty easy. I just don't see many challenging games in region C or D. A team from the East could possibly challenge heritage in championship game. We have Bradley and Torrence, two guys that have won the big game and weapons everywhere.
MV can win if they run the ball and then run it some more. Their cause will be helped if rain comes along. That being said, GW is at home so I am going with them. Don't get me started on Burt and "how" he won. I think there are some teams that could keep it close in the West and the East with Heritage and anybody that can get Heritage to the fourth quarter in a tie or one score game has a chance to win. My perception, note I have not researched, is that Heritage noticeably tightens up in close late game situations.

By that definition it has been quite a while since your Pioneers won when it counts. We all know you don't want to actually talk about the last time your Pioneers were in one of those games that you consider to count.
He probably doesn't know about the 2012 Briar Woods "game." He's kinda new to the area so he's only been a Heritage fan for a few years he says. Which makes you wonder about his username LOL.

Reactions: Chucksteel72
If no team from C or D can challenge Heritage then it will be a runaway for the ring. The 4 best teams in Class 3 are from C or D. Brookville, LB, Heritage, and SR (no particular order).

If no team from C or D can challenge Heritage then it will be a runaway for the ring. The 4 best teams in Class 3 are from C or D. Brookville, LB, Heritage, and SR (no particular order).
I know nothing about Norcom from the east. But I can't help but notice all the very low scoring games they've been winning. Very intriguing.

Reactions: VolNation85
C-D matchup....LB vs Heritage and Heritage will win 28-14. I will be honest, Heritage would not win 4a state but I feel they are going to run away with 3a title surprisingly easy. Heard it here first!

GW will win easily!! The 1st half will be fun. MV can't use that 2 QB system the whole game and except GW not to catch on to it!! The only reason GW lost to Amherst is because they had 7 injuries in the 2nd qtr they still almost pulled it out!! They are 100 % healthy!! Won't even be close GW wins big! Yeah I said it

MV fans on here have been pretty quite so far this year, the teams getting better every week. If they pull out the upset Friday night in Danville y’all will have to throw another team in the mix besides SR , LB and heritage in the west. Depends on how they look Friday if they’ll be contender I think. #underradar

Last edited:
Shades I know you well, I to am a die hard Warrior fan as well. Unless MV comes out an plays the best game of the season they will not pull this one off. I hope I have to eat those words from the previous statement. But from what I have been watching with GW has way to many weapons for MV right now. MV is still working through injuries and trying to find what works on offense. MV doesn't have the weapons they did when they won those 2 state titles. I am praying for a good healthy game from both teams.

GW will win by at least 2 TDs. That team down in Reidsville showed and proved that they had the better athletes and team. GW has better athletes and possibly a better team. If MV can't run the ball then it will be a running clock in the 2nd Half. 45-21 GW.

GW will win by at least 2 TDs. That team down in Reidsville showed and proved that they had the better athletes and team. GW has better athletes and possibly a better team. If MV can't run the ball then it will be a running clock in the 2nd Half. 45-21 GW.
GW's offense will score a lot Ant no doubt. My only question is can GW's D stop em? We get our hoss, Carl Poole Jr., back tonight...Plays at linebacker but we used him a lot last year against MV at safety. They got caught sleeping and looking ahead last week against Tunstall but woke up in the second half. I would say that Amherst's D is a lot better than MV's and we scored 45 on them and we were down to our 3rd string RB in the first quarter. I could be wrong but I think GW scores in the 50s tonight.

DSH, I think GW will probably tally 50 as well. GW should be on the FFE Top 7. Bogus poll if u ask me. FFE is dubious at best.
just cause they put up 100 on your sorry bulldogs you think they’ll put up 50 on the warriors.....don’t hate bulldog fan stay in the 2a board, hope y’all make the playoffs at 2-8

DSH MV and SR only 2 teams to keep JF under 30 and mv went to JF, JF went to AMHERST and put up 41.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT