ADVERTISEMENT

My 4A top ten

Status
Not open for further replies.
Southbottom you don’t want no smoke with me buddy. I told you that before. Ima leave you alone though and keep it moving. I agree @LancerDad about GW now that he dropped that lil nugget in. Sherando played well against a very good opponent plus I am not too sure who really has a “signature win” of the undefeated’s. I have not seen Blacksburg on film but I do believe that Glass (even with a loss) and BB are also very high quality in my book.
What the hell does " you don't want no smoke from me" mean? What are you going to do, text me black and blue? Get real tough guy. I questioned how you could put Sherando ahead of undefeated Dinwiddie and Blacksburg. Sherando has beat no one. Dinwiddie has wins over Salem . Blacksburg has wins over Lord Botetourt, Pulaski, and Salem. Your picks are your picks , but I don't think they are rational or knowledgeable. By the way this has nothing to do with Salem I said at the beginning of the year they would be down and not a top ten team .

Reactions: Renaissance man
@mbonape1 just let it go it aint worth getting benched. You are a solid poster who adds something to preps. The Great and Powerful Ozbottom brings little. His own fan base (Salem) have disdain for him.
Yeah, I posted the truth about Salem this year after I saw their two scrimmages. Said they were a 7-3 football team. They are just way too young, especially in the secondary. One or two Salem posters disagreed with me and we're much more optimistic. I have been proven correct. But what else would you expect from the great and powerful ozbottom

Reactions: FootballArmy
Yeah, I posted the truth about Salem this year after I saw their two scrimmages. Said they were a 7-3 football team. They are just way too young, especially in the secondary. One or two Salem posters disagreed with me and we're much more optimistic. I have been proven correct. But what else would you expect from the great and powerful ozbottom

It is the way you said it, that last sentence. It read as disrespectful to me.

So what’s your top ten(s)?

As for the real topic, there is no question that 4A is the most competitive division. There are more than 10 teams who seem to have a case for being real contenders. I think probably 2nd is in my neck of the woods with 2A. There are probably close to 10 teams with legit chances. 1A is realistically maybe 5, and not much more in 3a.

I'm just glad to see a good long discussion on here that hasn't turned into a fight. That is what the board is for. Sure people may disagree, but besides the 1 post it has all been respectful

Reactions: OCBoy and 1Gensfan
So what’s your top ten(s)?
Haven't seen all the teams in the east, only Dinwiddie, so I will not guess and rate them. I have seen most of the teams in region D. Here they are
1. Blacksburg
2. EC Glass
3. Jefferson Forest
4. GW Danville
5. Pulaski
6. Salem
7. William Byrd
8. LCA

Blacksburg best player Terry is hurt. If he can't play they drop off considerably. I think Glass will come out of the region if Terry can't play. Salem has three losses. All by 1 td against Dinwiddie, Blacksburg, and Northside (undefeated 3a team) . How would you like it if your team drew Salem in the first round?

Reactions: Renaissance man
I'll guarantee I am not thin skinned, but of course you are still acting like you know it all.

It is HIS opinion. So what if he is wrong, what you wrote was disrespectful.
I do know it all. Didn't you know? I'm the great and powerful ozbottom.

What the hell does " you don't want no smoke from me" mean? What are you going to do, text me black and blue? Get real tough guy. I questioned how you could put Sherando ahead of undefeated Dinwiddie and Blacksburg. Sherando has beat no one. Dinwiddie has wins over Salem . Blacksburg has wins over Lord Botetourt, Pulaski, and Salem. Your picks are your picks , but I don't think they are rational or knowledgeable. By the way this has nothing to do with Salem I said at the beginning of the year they would be down and not a top ten team .

“If you know, you know”

Ironic that you would criticize my top 10 and then when asked you say you won’t give a statewide top 10?? Who has seen all of the teams play???

Haven't seen all the teams in the east, only Dinwiddie, so I will not guess and rate them. I have seen most of the teams in region D. Here they are
1. Blacksburg
2. EC Glass
3. Jefferson Forest
4. GW Danville
5. Pulaski
6. Salem
7. William Byrd
8. LCA

Blacksburg best player Terry is hurt. If he can't play they drop off considerably. I think Glass will come out of the region if Terry can't play. Salem has three losses. All by 1 td against Dinwiddie, Blacksburg, and Northside (undefeated 3a team) .How would you like it if your team drew Salem in playoffs.

You must put a lot of miles on your hooptie if you have seen most of the teams in D play. Especially since Salem just had its bye week. Basically you are telling us you are a video guru. Got to admit you were right about Salem's losses. They could go 7-3 or 6-4. Salem deserves posters respect they have been on a nice run. We keep hearing no one wants them in the playoffs. Monacan, Louisa, Dinwiddie and EV do.

Reactions: 1Gensfan and OCBoy
Not ironic at all. I've got more sense than to try to rate and evaluate teams I haven't seen . Apparently you don't. But don't let that stop you. Your OPINION is your OPINION and apparently Opinions are a protected right and can not be criticized. But seriously, How do rank Sherando 1 at this point in the season especially when you haven't seen them? They very well may be the best team at the end of the year, but right now they have a loss and they have not beaten anyone. Blacksburg and Dinwiddie are undefeated and have some excellent wins. It's not logical

Reactions: FootballArmy
My Top 10
East
1. Dinwiddie
2. Lafayette
3. Lake Taylor
4. Louisa County
5. Eastern View
6. Monacan
7. King's Fork
8. Deep Creek
9. Midlothian
10. Courtland

West
1. Blacksburg
2. Sherando
3. G.W. Danville
4. Pulaski County
5. E.C. Glass
6. Jefferson Forest
7. Salem
8. Woodgrove
9. Kettle Run
10. Loudoun County
How do you rank a 2 loss Pulaski ahead of a one loss Glass and a one loss Jefferson Forest? How do you logically rank G W Danville ahead of Jefferson Forest when Jefferson Forest beat GW? Not logical

Not ironic at all. I've got more sense than to try to rate and evaluate teams I haven't seen . Apparently you don't. But don't let that stop you. Your OPINION is your OPINION and apparently Opinions are a protected right and can not be criticized. But seriously, How do rank Sherando 1 at this point in the season especially when you haven't seen them? They very well may be the best team at the end of the year, but right now they have a loss and they have not beaten anyone. Blacksburg and Dinwiddie are undefeated and have some excellent wins. It's not logical

I have seen Dinwiddie numerous times, I saw Sherando against Martinsburg and was impressed. Really that simple. I know the whole Dinwiddie family so I am certainly familiar with All things pertaining. Dinwiddie has a great team as well. Didn’t know my opinion would send you in such a tailspin. My bad.

I have seen Dinwiddie numerous times, I saw Sherando against Martinsburg and was impressed. Really that simple. I know the whole Dinwiddie family so I am certainly familiar with All things pertaining. Dinwiddie has a great team as well. Didn’t know my opinion would send you in such a tailspin. My bad.
@Mbonape, pay no attention to that man behind the maroon curtain. The great and powerful ozbottom has spoken. He questioned how you have seen teams, but says he has seen almost all of d. This dude can move and he doesnt even have ruby slippers.

If you said " I think that at the end of the year, Sherando will win it all" I got no beef with you. They just might be the best team .However, if you are ranking teams right at this moment you must evaluate their current body of work. Sherandos resume, at this time does not compare to Dinwiddies or Blacksburg. As for you putting me into a tail spin, not possible.

@Mbonape, pay no attention to that man behind the maroon curtain. The great and powerful ozbottom has spoken. He questioned how you have seen teams, but says he has seen almost all of d. This dude can move and he doesnt even have ruby slippers.
Take a hike on the yellow brick road Dad. I'm sure they well welcome you in Munchkin Land. Your not in Kansas anymore LD

Well it is fairly obvious that 1 person thinks that his ranking is the only one that matters or could possibly be correct.

Yet one thing is puzzling to me. You have said your peace about Salem, even put them 6th in Region D. Yet you use them as multiple teams impressive wins. That is the only team you said for Dinwiddie. Yet Sherando hasn't beaten anyone? But by your own logic, the team they just beat, Kettle Run, should be ranked ahead of Salem and Pulaski since they only have 1 loss.

Or do we just trust you as the genius ranker, and your grading scale is the one everyone should use?

How do you rank a 2 loss Pulaski ahead of a one loss Glass and a one loss Jefferson Forest? How do you logically rank G W Danville ahead of Jefferson Forest when Jefferson Forest beat GW? Not logical
Nope, definitely logical from MY perspective. I researched each team and made my rankings based on strength of schedule, performance against other highly ranked teams, and some videos I’ve seen. I was impressed with the video I saw of Pulaski County playing Blacksburg, thus moving them up on my rankings even if they don’t have the best record. I like what I’m seeing statistically from GW Danville and I think they will look better than Jefferson Forest come playoffs. I originally had E.C. Glass higher but their defense is giving me doubts. This is based on my knowledge, research, and intuition, I, in no way, claim to know everything about all of these teams, but these are my current rankings.

Well it is fairly obvious that 1 person thinks that his ranking is the only one that matters or could possibly be correct.

Yet one thing is puzzling to me. You have said your peace about Salem, even put them 6th in Region D. Yet you use them as multiple teams impressive wins. That is the only team you said for Dinwiddie. Yet Sherando hasn't beaten anyone? But by your own logic, the team they just beat, Kettle Run, should be ranked ahead of Salem and Pulaski since they only have 1 loss.

Or do we just trust you as the genius ranker, and your grading scale is the one everyone should use?
I didn't rank any teams except region D. I didn't rank Sherando or Kettle run. I said Blacksburg and Dinwiddie were undefeated and Sherando has a loss. At this point in the season the resume of Blacksburg and Dinwiddie is more impressive than Sherandos.

I didn't rank any teams except region D. I didn't rank Sherando or Kettle run. I said Blacksburg and Dinwiddie were undefeated and Sherando has a loss. At this point in the season the resume of Blacksburg and Dinwiddie is more impressive than Sherandos.

You ripped into the guy for having Sherando ranked number 1 because they haven't beaten anyone. So just pointing out that according to how you are ranking teams based on the record, that Sherando win over Kettle Run would be more impressive than Blacksburg wins over Salem or Pulaski.

I am not doing a ranking, I didnt see the teams, but you opened yourself up to criticism when you attacked another posters rankings because you didnt agree. You seem to basing your disagreement on somebodies record, which certainly doesnt paint the whole story, and you know that. I am in no way downplaying EV, as I dont know, but I remember the talk on here that they had a weak schedule. So by what you have been saying, they should be ranked ahead of say EC Glass at the moment because Glass had a loss. So would EV be undefeated with that schedule? If you say no, then you cant just use record to rank them.

Or let's use a division that you have no attachment to, 1A. Going by record, then Chilhowie should be ranked ahead of Riverheads since CHS is undefeated and Riverheads lost a game. Both teams returned a big majority of their starters from last year. They played in championship last year with Riverheads winning by about 50.

Or going by just record, Central Florida should be ranked ahead of Georgia, LSU, Michigan, Texas, Oklahoma, etc

Reactions: OCBoy
Why is it every time i post a top ten post people can’t respect others opinions. The purpose of the post is for other posters to post their opinions on who they think are top ten. I could care less if someone ranked a 3 loss team #1 it’s that posters opinion. Yeah I might laugh to myself and call bullshit on some but I don’t call them out in certain manners. Every single time I post a top ten post it gets locked or deleted because some mess it up and get in their feelings. We all need to put some thought into responding the way we do when we don’t agree with something. Respect! Now can this post continue like it began please....

Take a hike on the yellow brick road Dad. I'm sure they well welcome you in Munchkin Land. Your not in Kansas anymore LD
Good one Ozbottom. You may be a "kia" but you get an "A+" in wit. Out of curiousity I checked out CalPreps computer rankings and here they are.

1. Lafayette
2. Dinwiddie
3. Glass
4. Blacksburg
5. Lake Taylor
6. EV
7. Sherando
8. Louisa
9. Jefferson Forest
10. Woodgrove
Others of note:
Salem 12th, GW 14th, Pulaski 15th, Monacan 16th

Doesnt mean a thing, but its a different perspective.

Good on Ozbottom. You may be a "kia" but you get an "A+" in wit. Out of curiousity I checked out CalPreps computer rankings and here they are.

1. Lafayette
2. Dinwiddie
3. Glass
4. Blacksburg
5. Lake Taylor
6. EV
7. Sherando
8. Louisa
9. Jefferson Forest
10. Woodgrove
Others of note:

Actually those rankings don’t look half bad. I’d add Monacan in but looks good otherwise

Why is it every time i post a top ten post people can’t respect others opinions. The purpose of the post is for other posters to post their opinions on who they think are top ten. I could care less if someone ranked a 3 loss team #1 it’s that posters opinion. Yeah I might laugh to myself and call bullshit on some but I don’t call them out in certain manners. Every single time I post a top ten post it gets locked or deleted because some mess it up and get in their feelings. We all need to put some thought into responding the way we do when we don’t agree with something. Respect! Now can this post continue like it began please....
I appreciate seeing your rankings when I do, gives me a lot to think about honestly. Hope this doesn’t get deleted, I like seeing the differing opinions from those that see stuff in different parts of the state.

Reactions: 1Gensfan and OCBoy
I appreciate seeing your rankings when I do, gives me a lot to think about honestly. Hope this doesn’t get deleted, I like seeing the differing opinions from those that see stuff in different parts of the state.
That’s why I post it. Sometimes I pull stuff out my ass to see others posts or to get a good convo going

This is exactly why I dont post top 10s. As I stated before, I have NOT seen most teams play. I do enjoy researching them, their records, margins of victory ect. Based off of that I can form an opinion and NO ONE has to agree with me as I definitely dont agree with everyone. Who am I to tell someone their opinion is wrong? As far as ranking Dinwiddie number 1 because they beat Salem is crazy. The Salem / Dinwiddie game was one of the sloppier games I have seen in a long time from both teams. If we played Dale the way we played the Salem game we would have lost period. This post was going great until someone was called out for their opinion.

Actually those rankings don’t look half bad. I’d add Monacan in but looks good otherwise
I agree, that's the best Calpreps rankings I've seen. Normally their rankings are pretty bad and their national rankings are skewed heavily toward Cali schools.

Good one Ozbottom. You may be a "kia" but you get an "A+" in wit. Out of curiousity I checked out CalPreps computer rankings and here they are.

1. Lafayette
2. Dinwiddie
3. Glass
4. Blacksburg
5. Lake Taylor
6. EV
7. Sherando
8. Louisa
9. Jefferson Forest
10. Woodgrove
Others of note:

Got no beef with this ranking except at this time Blacksburg and Glass should be switched.

You ripped into the guy for having Sherando ranked number 1 because they haven't beaten anyone. So just pointing out that according to how you are ranking teams based on the record, that Sherando win over Kettle Run would be more impressive than Blacksburg wins over Salem or Pulaski.

I am not doing a ranking, I didnt see the teams, but you opened yourself up to criticism when you attacked another posters rankings because you didnt agree. You seem to basing your disagreement on somebodies record, which certainly doesnt paint the whole story, and you know that. I am in no way downplaying EV, as I dont know, but I remember the talk on here that they had a weak schedule. So by what you have been saying, they should be ranked ahead of say EC Glass at the moment because Glass had a loss. So would EV be undefeated with that schedule? If you say no, then you cant just use record to rank them.

Or let's use a division that you have no attachment to, 1A. Going by record, then Chilhowie should be ranked ahead of Riverheads since CHS is undefeated and Riverheads lost a game. Both teams returned a big majority of their starters from last year. They played in championship last year with Riverheads winning by about 50.

Or going by just record, Central Florida should be ranked ahead of Georgia, LSU, Michigan, Texas, Oklahoma, etc
If strength of schedule is about even, and in the cases referred to they are, an undefeated team should at this time be ranked ahead of a one loss team.

Instead of a top ten list, maybe it would be better if people picked their final four teams. Mine would be Sherando and Glass (Blacksburg if Terry is 100 percent) in the west .Don't know in the East. Probably Dinwiddie and Lafayette. But only seen Dinwiddie, so East is nothing but a guess

Reactions: 1Gensfan
This is exactly why I dont post top 10s. As I stated before, I have NOT seen most teams play. I do enjoy researching them, their records, margins of victory ect. Based off of that I can form an opinion and NO ONE has to agree with me as I definitely dont agree with everyone. Who am I to tell someone their opinion is wrong? As far as ranking Dinwiddie number 1 because they beat Salem is crazy. The Salem / Dinwiddie game was one of the sloppier games I have seen in a long time from both teams. If we played Dale the way we played the Salem game we would have lost period. This post was going great until someone was called out for their opinion.
If opinions can't be criticized on this board, there is no reason for it's existence. If you guys and gals want to build a campfire and sing Kumbiya go ahead. But, this board will be of little to no interest.

If opinions can't be criticized on this board, there is no reason for it's existence. If you guys and gals want to build a campfire and sing Kumbiya go ahead. But, this board will be of little to no interest.
I think we agree on something @southbottomU. We should be able to openly debate each and every post. However, we should not "criticize" anyones opinion. There is a big difference. Im not into Kumbiya post either, we can go at it hard and still keep it respectful. The way you rudely lash out at people leads me to believe you lack social skills. I remember you going after the lady from Amherst a couple of times. It wasnt about her opinion it was about her. I may be old school and I dont know her age, but you just dont attack a woman like that. Make your case and move on. Peace out!

Nope, definitely logical from MY perspective. I researched each team and made my rankings based on strength of schedule, performance against other highly ranked teams, and some videos I’ve seen. I was impressed with the video I saw of Pulaski County playing Blacksburg, thus moving them up on my rankings even if they don’t have the best record. I like what I’m seeing statistically from GW Danville and I think they will look better than Jefferson Forest come playoffs. I originally had E.C. Glass higher but their defense is giving me doubts. This is based on my knowledge, research, and intuition, I, in no way, claim to know everything about all of these teams, but these are my current rankings.

Why is Glass’ defense giving you doubts? That’s interesting.

That's the way the world is right now. For a lot of people it is about being right. If somebody disagrees we put them down instead of discussion. My opinion is that this is eighth grade mentality. You put other people down to try and lift yourself up or try and get people to side with you to elevate your ego.

Reactions: OCBoy and LancerDad
I think we agree on something @southbottomU. We should be able to openly debate each and every post. However, we should not "criticize" anyones opinion. There is a big difference. Im not into Kumbiya post either, we can go at it hard and still keep it respectful. The way you rudely lash out at people leads me to believe you lack social skills. I remember you going after the lady from Amherst a couple of times. It wasnt about her opinion it was about her. I may be old school and I dont know her age, but you just dont attack a woman like that. Make your case and move on. Peace out!
Thanks for this post

That's the way the world is right now. For a lot of people it is about being right. If somebody disagrees we put them down instead of discussion. My opinion is that this is eighth grade mentality. You put other people down to try and lift yourself up or try and get people to side with you to elevate your ego.
True....and this is why such posts should be totally ignored. Responding gives them what they want.

Reactions: OCBoy and 1Gensfan
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT