3. Sherando
4. GW
5. JF
6. Salem
7. Loudoun County
8. Kettle Run
9. Pulaski
10. Woodgrove

@OCBoy I know you said EV was not your team. You seem to know them well. They are unbeaten and have demolished everybody. Why do have them ranked 3rd? I saw some video of their qb. He is darn good and the wr's are tight.

@OCBoy I know you said EV was not your team. You seem to know them well. They are unbeaten and have demolished everybody. Why do have them ranked 3rd? I saw some video of their qb. He is darn good and the wr's are tight.
It’s one of the local teams in the area I live. They have a lot of the key pieces from last year back. They can play with teams like Dinwiddie, it’s all about execution with them. Lowry the QB could be the 4B player of the year if Brandon Smith wasn’t in the same region. Petey Pope and Lowry are very similar. The offensive line is big and physical. My only question mark with them is the defense. Even though they have the best defense in the Battlefield it doesn’t translate to holding up come playoff time. The offense will be hard for a lot of teams to stop in 4B. I think this year it will come down to the same 4 from last year and I have a feeling there will be some changes in outcomes this year. I think Monacan will get by Louisa if they meet again. Monacan imo is the team to watch out for. They appear to be the team that’s going to sneak in and steal the show in 4B.

My man! Monacan..... I am biased, but
thats what I been tellin everybody. Just got to play simple and physical. We got them next week, so I am going to see them face to face.

Reactions: 1Gensfan and OCBoy
I think Lafayette is possibly going to be the toughest out. Although, I havent seen any of the teams in person other than Dinwiddie. Last year I had the "they play an easy schedule" mentality with reference to EV and Louisa. That definately changed when both teams came to Dinwiddie. @OCBoy have you seen Louisa play? What is your take on them? Is the hype for real that they are at the same level as last year or possibly better?

Reactions: LancerDad
I've got:

East
1. Dinwiddie
2. Monacan
3. Lafayette
4. Eastern View
5. Louisa
6. Lake Taylor
7. Kings Fork
8. Huguenot
9. Powhatan
10. Midlothian

West
1. Blacksburg
2. Sherando
3. E.C. Glass
4. G.W. Danville
5. Woodgrove
6. Jefferson Forest
7. Salem
8. Loudoun County
9. Kettle Run
10. Pulaski

I think Lafayette is possibly going to be the toughest out. Although, I havent seen any of the teams in person other than Dinwiddie. Last year I had the "they play an easy schedule" mentality with reference to EV and Louisa. That definately changed when both teams came to Dinwiddie. @OCBoy have you seen Louisa play? What is your take on them? Is the hype for real that they are at the same level as last year or possibly better?
I have seen Louisa and I don’t think they are the same team that came to Dinwiddie. Not to take absolutely anything from their players but they had a ton of motivation last year that pushed them. Imo Louisa falls in the second round. I won’t say too much more because I’m not trying to start any issues on here...

My man! Monacan..... I am biased, but
thats what I been tellin everybody. Just got to play simple and physical. We got them next week, so I am going to see them face to face.
From the beginning of the season I’ve had this hunch about Monacan even when @mbonape1 wasnt sure

This might just be the year the Lafayette Rams gets over the hump. They will have to beat at least two good teams in the region a playoffs and the champ from b. Looks like Kings Fork killed itself again with turnovers and LT?????????? Looks like Lafayette will have a home game in the regional finals if they win out.

Reactions: OCBoy and 1Gensfan
I have seen Louisa and I don’t think they are the same team that came to Dinwiddie. Not to take absolutely anything from their players but they had a ton of motivation last year that pushed them. Imo Louisa falls in the second round. I won’t say too much more because I’m not trying to start any issues on here...
Thanks. I wasn't trying to start anything, just wanted an unbiased opinion

Ok Gensfan you aint getting off easy. Saw your boys today. Yall been laying low and quietly getting tough on d. Whats your thoughts?

Reactions: 1Gensfan
I've got:

No offense, but Deep Creek would destroy Midlothian and Huegonot. I like Sherando vs. Blacksburg and Monacan vs. Lafayette in the semis.

East
1. Dinwiddie
2. Monacan
3. Lafayette
4. Eastern View
5. Louisa
6. Lake Taylor
7. Kings Fork
8. Huguenot
9. Powhatan
10. Midlothian

West
1. Blacksburg
2. Sherando
3. E.C. Glass
4. G.W. Danville
5. Woodgrove
6. Jefferson Forest
7. Salem
8. Loudoun County
9. Kettle Run
10. Pulaski

I thought as you said, the D looked good today. They are definately improving with each game. IMO I think the toughest game of our season will be in 2 weeks against Hopewell. Personally, I dont take any teams lightly whether they are 5-0 or 0-5. Petersburg has really improved this year as well. Proud of the Generals. Now Monacan is the real deal and Coach Henderson is a great coach. I see them making a deep run in the playoffs as well

Reactions: CavsGrad and OCBoy
I thought as you said, the D looked good today. They are definately improving with each game. IMO I think the toughest game of our season will be in 2 weeks against Hopewell. Personally, I dont take any teams lightly whether they are 5-0 or 0-5. Petersburg has really improved this year as well. Proud of the Generals. Now Monacan is the real deal and Coach Henderson is a great coach. I see them making a deep run in the playoffs as well

You have a future in politics @1Gensfan. I agree Petersburg has a ton of wespons. Interested to see the results of the Dale vs. Hopewell game next week. Monacan? Our evil twin. Heck the top 4 in b is loaded. No wasy outs.

@1Gensfan @OCBoy @LancerDad @Shruikan this is exactly what this board is suppossed to be about. Great discussion, debate and insight. Keep it up this is a fun read. @1Gensfan I am eagerly awaiting your response on Dinwiddie. Looked very relaxed and surgical today.
Agreed. Pass coverage looked much better today. I absolutely love watching 5 play.. he reminds me so much of Reggie with his size but they play with the same drive and heart. Real proud of those young men. Btw... it great to have you back. @LancerDad wish I knew you were at the game would've like to meet you!!

East:
1. Dinwiddie
2. Monacan
3. Eastern View
4. Lafayette
5. Louisa
6. Lake Taylor
7. Kings Fork
8. Huguenot
9. Midlothian
10. Courtland

West:
1. Blacksburg
2. Glass
3. Sherando
4. GW
5. JF
6. Salem
7. Loudoun County
8. Kettle Run
9. Pulaski
10. Woodgrove

My top 10:

Sherando
Dinwiddie
Lafayette
Glass
Louisa
Blacksburg
EV
Monacan
LT
GW Danville

@1Gensfan , i used to coach at Meadowbrook. Was on their side. All 12 of us lol. Good crowd for a Saturday. Dinwiddie puts on a good show, but that cannon yo! Loud as a b! Lol 5 is a tough little man. #8 caught my eye he is a jet. Pope is from another planet. Looks like somebody has a madden joystick on him.

My top 10:

Sherando
Dinwiddie
Lafayette
Glass
Louisa
Blacksburg
EV
Monacan
LT
GW Danville

Why you being so humble? If yall git us next week yall gonna go really far man. Snyder will bull his way to the regional final at least. Dinwiddies O is nice though.

You have a future in politics @1Gensfan. I agree Petersburg has a ton of wespons. Interested to see the results of the Dale vs. Hopewell game next week. Monacan? Our evil twin. Heck the top 4 in b is loaded. No wasy outs.
No easy way outs is an understatement. It’s going to be war again this year

Why you being so humble? If yall git us next week yall gonna go really far man. Snyder will bull his way to the regional final at least. Dinwiddies O is nice thougj.

It is just about trusting the boys to show up and be the same team every night... We have the skill they just gotta do it. We are still finding our stride. I need to see us play 2 weeks in a row we’re we don’t shoot ourselves in the foot so often. If we do that, I move all my poker chips in. Also, there are several undefeated schools so I put them ahead. If your undefeated you are undefeated.

Reactions: CavsGrad
You could have left the last sentence out it’s his opinion
Wish I could give you two likes @OCBoy. I think the real issue was @mbonape1 left a certain team out. Salem is a good team with a great history, but they are 0-2 against top caliber class 4 teams and one of the top class 3 teams. Just cant put them in the top 10.

Blacksburg
Lafayette
Dinwiddie
EV
Sherando
Monacan
Louisa
Glass
LT
Kings Fork

Hm GW cant add them after Glass blew out JF last night.

Can't put Sherando with a loss ahead of dinwiddie and Blacksburg. Can't put glass in front of them either. You can do better than this poor effort

Southbottom you don’t want no smoke with me buddy. I told you that before. Ima leave you alone though and keep it moving. I agree @LancerDad about GW now that he dropped that lil nugget in. Sherando played well against a very good opponent plus I am not too sure who really has a “signature win” of the undefeated’s. I have not seen Blacksburg on film but I do believe that Glass (even with a loss) and BB are also very high quality in my book.

Wish I could give you two likes @OCBoy. I think the real issue was @mbonape1 left a certain team out. Salem is a good team with a great history, but they are 0-2 against top caliber class 4 teams and one of the top class 3 teams. Just cant put them in the top 10.

Blacksburg
Lafayette
Dinwiddie
EV
Sherando
Monacan
Louisa
Glass
LT
Kings Fork

Hm GW cant add them after Glass blew out JF last night.

I have no problem with that and do believe KF is a top 10 team. But they do have 2 losses. Deep Creek might be a little underated too. Keep them on your radar even though they will finish 6-4 or 7-3 their schedule is murder. Could be a tough playoff out.

I have no problem with that and do believe KF is a top 10 team. But they do have 2 losses. Deep Creek might be a little underated too. Keep them on your radar even though they will finish 6-4 or 7-3 their schedule is murder. Could be a tough playoff out.
Let them down in 4A beat each other up. We got enough problems up here in 4B lol
That state semifinal is going to be hell

Let them down in 4A beat each other up. We got enough problems up here in 4B lol
That state semifinal is going to be hell

What would happen if we cross bracketed after week 1 or 2 like we did a few years ago? That would be interesting for sure

Do y’all think Dinwiddie is at the same level as last year? My thought was that if it wasn’t for K. Pope, EV wins that game last year. He was all over. I don’t see how they’re the same defense without him.

Southbottom you don’t want no smoke with me buddy. I told you that before. Ima leave you alone though and keep it moving. I agree @LancerDad about GW now that he dropped that lil nugget in. Sherando played well against a very good opponent plus I am not too sure who really has a “signature win” of the undefeated’s. I have not seen Blacksburg on film but I do believe that Glass (even with a loss) and BB are also very high quality in my book.

@mbonape1 just let it go it aint worth getting benched. You are a solid poster who adds something to preps. The Great and Powerful Ozbottom brings little. His own fan base (Salem) have disdain for him.

Do y’all think Dinwiddie is at the same level as last year? My thought was that if it wasn’t for K. Pope, EV wins that game last year. He was all over. I don’t see how they’re the same defense without him.

Not as good but still pretty damn good plus it is all relative. EV lost that dynamic WR//RB/DB so I think it all evens out. Louisa / Monacan same story with graduation. All slightly down but still very very good. The class 4 race is going to be the best. 5 is too top heavy. 6 has about 5 super teams. Begining to think Ocean Lakes belongs in that category also

No. I believe we graduated most of our defense. I think 1 or 2 starters returned on D. With that being said.. I honestly dont believe ANY of the top teams are the same as last year. Just my opinion

No. I believe we graduated most of our defense. I think 1 or 2 starters returned on D. With that being said.. I honestly dont believe ANY of the top teams are the same as last year. Just my opinion

Sherando wasn't as good as several of the teams from Regions A & B in 2017, but we return a ton of guys from last year. Most of our skill players and several linemen were juniors and sophomores last year.

Sherando wasn't as good as several of the teams from Regions A & B in 2017, but we return a ton of guys from last year. Most of our skill players and several linemen were juniors and sophomores last year.
I should have clarified Top teams from 4B. I dont know much about the other regions other than what I read on here. No disrespect to any team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT