ADVERTISEMENT

My Personal 4A Rankings after week 7

I consider Louisa's best wins to be King George, Sherando, Albemarle, then Powhatan, in that order. Eastern View's best win is Sherando.

Strictly opinion.. The Louisa victory over Sherando was a bit deceiving. I have watched that game several times, and to be honest I think Sherando was the better overall team. Oddly I don't think hammy thought that. The play that resulted in a Sherando fumble right at the goal line was an odd no call TD. The QB seemed to have his whole body in the end zone, got pushed back, then fumbled. That was a critical play in the game. I thought EV played Sherando better (although I know Hammy said differently). I only mention that because I think most of these teams are probably a lot closer then we think. Match ups and mistakes will decide most of the games. For example, I wonder if Chancellor and Louisa played, do they have the backs to cover those WR's. I'm not predicting anything, but some teams might just be better suited for this team or that team.

Can't bring that play up on here, it was a Td . Terrible call, but you will get the wrath for mentioning it lol
Only when certain posters mention it. ;) I haven't seen the tape so I assume he's correct. It looked good from my view in person too.

Sherando QB 1st and goal at the 1. Sneaks it over center , from my vantage point and film etc... Looked obvious he was over the goal line for an extended period of time. But more importantly his forward progress had been stopped for some extended period of time. the whistle didn't blow , no Td or anything. Some players even appeared to quit on the play, then a Louisa took the ball out of his hands and it was ruled a fumble after a extended meeting by the refs. at that point. Nothing to do about it after the game. Had many opportunities to put that game away early on, but didn't . Hats off to Louisa for keep plugging away with the run game.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Sherando QB 1st and goal at the 1. Sneaks it over center , from my vantage point and film etc... Looked obvious he was over the goal line for an extended period of time. But more importantly his forward progress had been stopped for some extended period of time. the whistle didn't blow , no Td or anything. Some players even appeared to quit on the play, then a Louisa took the ball out of his hands and it was ruled a fumble after a extended meeting by the refs. at that point. Nothing to do about it after the game. Had many opportunities to put that game away early on, but didn't . Hats off to Louisa for keep plugging away with the run game.
Wasn't talking about that was talking about how you said EV would last longer in the playoffs over Louisa

I think EV style of play will last longer in the playoffs OCBOY , they have a more diversified Offense, they can pass better , and run the ball well. Where as Louisa is pretty much all run. it just depends on the match ups also. You never know who you are gonna get. Tough call between Louisa and EV really. First team that has a solid Dline will give Louisa trouble , where as EV could maybe throw the ball to get yards.

Reactions: OCBoy
I think EV style of play will last longer in the playoffs OCBOY , they have a more diversified Offense, they can pass better , and run the ball well. Where as Louisa is pretty much all run. it just depends on the match ups also. You never know who you are gonna get. Tough call between Louisa and EV really. First team that has a solid Dline will give Louisa trouble , where as EV could maybe throw the ball to get yards.
Gotcha thanks for elaborating

Sherando had two good drives all game, one at the end of the end of the first half, and one in the 4th quarter, both starting in great field position. Louisa moved the ball up and down the field most of the game, but beat themselves. They sustained TD drives of 88 and 99 yards. Sherando had chances to extend their lead, but it was nice for something to finally go Louisa's way for once against a good team, officiating-wise. The game shouldn't have been that close, especially with Sherando's punt return, but oh well. But as hamspear would say, why are we still talking about that game? It's time for Western Albemarle and John Handley.

EV can pass now? Do they still start the same QB who started against Orange and Chancellor?

Let's see, Bryce Witt is not nearly as good as the QB's you've listed? 1176 yards passing, 66% completion rate, 187 yards per game, 12 passing touchdowns, 19 yards per completion, and a QB rating of 139? Oh yeah, maybe that's because he threw 2 interceptions already this season. One of which was a meaningless tipped pass, after being chased out of the pocket at Matoaca, (we were up by 35 at the time). Maybe his numbers are so bad because he has hardly played more than a half a game this year. Gee, I sure wish we had a good QB like those other teams. Maybe we would be 6-0 instead.

Let it go DP. Dinwiddie is over hyped, hasnt played anybody and our quarterback sucks. Stay humble and accept the facts. No 4a team south of 64 is worth a crap. In fact, the best teams in our pod are Louisa, anyone they have played, or whoever their opponents have played and beaten. Thats been the facts for the three years I have been posting, so it must be true.

Navy Nation follow mamas rule. Keep praying. Hopefully, the Generals will continue to improve, win a few more games, avoid having to play Monacan again and just maybe someday compete with those monster teams north of 64.

Once you read this DP I will use a tool I learned today. You can actually delete a post and edit others, so you dont appear to be slipping into a dellusional state of mind.
How does it go "SMH..... ha.... "

Shout out to Devils. Nice post sir and you are correct. No one from either of the east pods should fear the Generals. I can assure you Dinwiddie is not taking anything or anybody for granted. No offense OC Boy, but until someone from the east beats LT again in the playoffs they will continue to be the top dog.

I may be wrong, but I think since 2013, the Titans only losses have been to Oscar Smith, LC Bird, Dinwiddie, Salem and Heritage NN. Three of those losses came in 2013 and all three teams played in their divisions state final. Two won it all. Salem went 14-0 last year and who knows where Heritage NN will end up. According to our resident VA Preps genius Heritage is not very good either.

The only minimmal weakness alleged in the first game for LT (pass defense) appears to have been fixed, so its going to take a special team to get the job done.

Good job, you finally got some things right.
A blind squirrell finds a nut every once in a while. Of course no one on this board is nearly as smart as you are.

We know Louisa is a very good team and have earned their due respect, but please tell us how you really feel. Everybody on this board already knows whats coming we have heard it before. Step up to the plate and admit that you believe Louisa is the best team in 4a and tell us why.

The Lions could be the best in 2016 who knows. My money says the Lions leave abig impression this season and make a very long run in 2017.

How about you admit you think no one north or west of Richmond can hold Dinwiddie's (and ZOMG PHYSICAL THOMAS DALE!!!!) jock. And admit that Dinwiddie got the short end of the stick with their schedule this season, with everyone except Dale being down. C'mon man, JM just struggled with Caroline. The second best offensive line in the area graduated last year. This year, no one truly stands out in the East or West. That's exactly how it should be.

It's so absurd how you guys all look and do not see.

It's Dinwiddie guys. It's Dinwiddie.

This is where the difference is as I see it. This is why I said it is a tough call. All these teams don't see each other in the regular season and everybody wants " THE "'team to be there's. Blah blah blah. But in my opinion, the Difference will be in the end, will be the skill players for Dinwiddie. I think they are probably a notch better than everyone this year. Hey things have happened, not many people thought Salem would defeat LT. But I don't think there is a Salem type team this year, not quite there. Best of luck to every one.

Hoos.. I did not mean to rehash the Sherando game for you. My point was more on the lines of one of the other posters. It may be fair to say EV and Louisa have had good programs wins this year (for Louisa as far as recent history is concerned), but maybe not that tell tale win that says they will be a force in the playoffs. A team like Chancellor gets a bit knocked around because they lost to James River, but you have to also note they beat Massaponx. I would actually say our best win is against them, mostly because we didn't really play all that well and still found a way to win. So that gives me a bit of hope. Right now it seems most of this board and outside it, the favorite in our pods is Dinwiddie.. All that said, Louisa has a great chance to have the top seed in the East. So it would seem the East might have to go through Louisa at home... You have to like those odds.

Same schedule as last season. You can deny it if you want, but who would have thought Hanover would have lost its top two receivers to injury and win only two games. Caroline is just bad and they are gone next year. You can talk mess about JM if you want, but guess what King George, Courtland and Chancellor all play both teams in District.

I have never said Dinwiddie is the top dog. I did say manpower wise we compare to the 2013 team. Guess what? With the exception of Sedarious Williams this team is virtually a carbon copy. Will it pay off who knows. We could lose tonight or any of our remaining four games.

Fact or fiction this is how I rate our pod:

Monacan - very concerned
Louisa - concerned
Easter View - concerned, because i dont have a clue about them.
Chancellor-moderately concerned
KG - minimmal concern.

LT, Lafayette and Heritage are all contenders in the other pod. No one stands out huh? Guess you give no credit to LT's pedigree. You are going to find out soon enough.

I will go away peacefully now, so you can continue to discedit every team, but your own.

@EVcyc thank you for knowing how to present your thoughts without getting personal. @BleedingNavy naw don't go away after having one of your fits. Don't act like I have not repeatedly stated what Louisa needs to work on. I have also said Louisa and Dinwiddie both have weaknesses the other can exploit if they play each other. Did I not? You must tune those posts out and only read the positives. Since you're so minimally concerned with KG and think it's unfathomable for them to be that good, I would love to see you get them in the first round. Monacan got pounded by the only physical team they'll play all regular season. But hey, they're a good Richmond team so they automatically are very concerning. Why are you really so concerned with them? You beat them last year and everyone says they aren't as good this year. You told me yourself you think we'd run all over Monacan. When I say no one stands out, I mean there is no 2013 Dinwiddie or 2014 LT this year. Those types of teams stand out to me. Still won't admit JM is terrible this year huh? Those receivers would not have helped Hanover. Scrimmage or not, what good team gives up 30 points to GODWIN? Hanover has no line and no defense. I told you at the Dale scrimmage that Hanover would struggle without that line, and you blew it off because "their head coach was a good lineman". I already knew back then they would struggle, and their scrimmages confirmed it. Well if he's so good, they should still be running teams over left and right with Cheatham still there.

JM/Dinwiddie and Heritage/Bethel are on YouTube. Anyone can see them, and plenty of people share my opinions on JM and Heritage. But I guess if JM and Heritage were Richmond teams, they'd be awesome.

Last edited:
BTW, thank you @EVcyc for saying you thought Sherando was the better overall team, at that point of the season it is questionable for sure. That was the first varsity game for about 7 or 8 players on our team. In this world however, teams are measured by W's not L's. Sometimes the better team doesn't always win, but you can't take away the Win from Louisa , they deserved it . If you have a team in the knockout position, you better get the knockout, because it will come back and get you later. all these teams being talked about here are solid to good teams. Long way from state champ teams.

Well @New Guy 17 said after that game he thought Louisa was really good, and @JHHSPride who is a coach said he hadn't seen Sherando get pushed around up front like that in years, so I'm really not sure how Sherando was the better team besides their special teams. Better teams don't give up 88 and 99 yard drives, a 45 yard deep pass on a 4th and 6 by a backup QB, get sacked 6 times, or rush for 6 yards... but okay.

Last edited:
Sometimes I think y'all just like to troll me and I play along because it's just football. And I like good debates. I should've been on the debate team. But still, I provide pretty indisputable facts to support my arguments and don't get the same in return.

Reactions: KingGeorgeFan
I bet if you tried as hard to be nice, and complimentary in your comments, even as much as you want to debate. You would feel like a new man. Everyone on here knows you are passionate about football and Louisa. Show them another side. When you are challenged, think about how " how would Fisher answer this?.

I mostly only post or not post certain things by what Fischer and staff tell me. I was asked yesterday to post more about the officials against Powhatan along with a screenshot and another clip but I said I don't wanna keep whining about that when we still won the game and it's time for WA. Other than that, I'm not here to impress anyone or make friends, just wanna talk football. I'm going to be myself and I just happened to make some friends from here along the way anyway. Found out Mike Salem and I have much more in common than we once thought, and it's not football related. Not everyone is going to like me or agree with me and that's great! But as some posters here and others have told me who don't post, they love reading my posts. I hate the politically correct stuff. And for the record I know my team is very beatable, but it'll be hard to do if we're executing.

Reactions: kw85
So what you are telling me is that you are directed by the coach and staff at Louisa to post on VA Preps about certain topics about football. Thats interesting to say the least. and highly unusual. And contradicts everything Louisadad has been telling me, but it doesn't bother me either way. Ok Hoos have to get back to work, have a great rest of the season.

With a pretty good playoff system in place that includes just about any team over .500 why worry or care about polls?

I mostly only post or not post certain things by what Fischer and staff tell me. I was asked yesterday to post more about the officials against Powhatan along with a screenshot and another clip but I said I don't wanna keep whining about that when we still won the game and it's time for WA. Other than that, I'm not here to impress anyone or make friends, just wanna talk football. I'm going to be myself and I just happened to make some friends from here along the way anyway. Found out Mike Salem and I have much more in common than we once thought, and it's not football related. Not everyone is going to like me or agree with me and that's great! But as some posters here and others have told me who don't post, they love reading my posts. I hate the politically correct stuff. And for the record I know my team is very beatable, but it'll be hard to do if we're executing.
So a coach tells you what to post? Do you always do what other people tell you, or are you capable of making your own decisions?

@ClarkeFan83 nope I'm not capable, I'm a pure idiot forced against my free will to post or not post things, just like you are forced against your will to click on threads and read my posts.

LouisaDad is a very good man. He does the right things.

Truth is, Louisa is a very good team this year. Their ground game is not good. It's punishing. As I said at the beginning of the season, they are like trying to stop a squad with multiple Jerome Bettis's. Very tough. Very tough. These are no scat backs. This is not Navy Jones or Vic Hall. This is trying to tackle fire hydrants.

I looked at Louisa's schedule and they are sqweeking past other 4A teams I've never heard of. King George has 1A opponents on their schedule... 1A. So does Eastern View... who are they playing tonight a 1A, 6-0 team from Nokesville, Va. Just a bunch of mediocre teams beating up on each other... Somebody wake me up when you can beat a decent 4A, 5A, or 6A by more than 10 points...

It all made sense for you guys before Chancellor who almost everyone north of 64 had to scramble to beat got beat by James river who may finish 5-5. MONACAN BLEW THEM OUT OF THE STADIUM 42-0!

Dinwiddie does has a lot of hype but they have lived up to it... Big wins by wide margins.
Anybody who doesn't think Lake Taylor and Laf. are major scares is off their rocker!

Are we really saying that the Jefferson district is better than the Dominion and the Central district? What district in the Richmond area would any of these teams be able to win? I don't think they could finish 2nd or 3rd any of them. Maybe 3rd in the Central. In some cases 4th or 5th.

Hitting the snooze button!

I looked at Louisa's schedule and they are sqweeking past other 4A teams I've never heard of. King George has 1A opponents on their schedule... 1A. So does Eastern View... who are they playing tonight a 1A, 6-0 team from Nokesville, Va. Just a bunch of mediocre teams beating up on each other... Somebody wake me up when you can beat a decent 4A, 5A, or 6A by more than 10 points...

It all made sense for you guys before Chancellor who almost everyone north of 64 had to scramble to beat got beat by James river who may finish 5-5. MONACAN BLEW THEM OUT OF THE STADIUM 42-0!

Dinwiddie does has a lot of hype but they have lived up to it... Big wins by wide margins.
Anybody who doesn't think Lake Taylor and Laf. are major scares is off their rocker!

Are we really saying that the Jefferson district is better than the Dominion and the Central district? What district in the Richmond area would any of these teams be able to win? I don't think they could finish 2nd or 3rd any of them. Maybe 3rd in the Central. In some cases 4th or 5th.

Hitting the snooze button!
Feel better? Just so you know, no team on EV schedule is below 3A...and Orange is 5A....not that any of that matters. You're either good or you ain't.

@mbonape1 Just because you haven't heard of certain teams, it doesn't make them weak any given year. Albemarle is a "decent" 5A team this year who I think is better than Powhatan, Louisa beat Albemarle 41-13. And just so you know, Albemarle, who we usually consider decent to bad in our area, has dominated 6A Cosby of Chesterfield in scrimmages the last few years. Cosby is usually a middle of the pack team by Richmond standards. I really don't like Thomas Dale's squad and think even Albemarle could stop 6A Dale's "extremely physical" offense. Dale was very good in the early 2000s and 2009. The issue the last few years is that 5A has been stronger than 6A across most of the state, especially in the Richmond area. So average 5A teams like Albemarle get destroyed in the playoffs.

King George has a history of sending kids to the NFL, like Jermon Bushrod, currently on the Dolphins. http://www.nfl.com/player/jermonbushrod/2507203/profile They also had very good teams in the 90s. Schools like KG have difficulty scheduling bigger schools to play them, and they just so happen to be located very close to a bunch of 1A schools. I'm sure they'll gladly play a Richmond school, hit them up! They did play Norcom of Portsmouth this year and last year. Louisa also has a history of sending kids to the NFL, like James Smith in the 80s/90s and Kerry Wynn, currently on the Giants. http://www.nfl.com/player/kerrywynn/2550312/profile

Waaaay before Chancellor lost to James River, posters here were doubting Chancellor after a couple of posters talked about how much talent Chancellor has and how much they're on a mission. Just search "Chancellor" and see for yourself. These last few years, I have tried to get out and see more teams around the state in person. So I've seen more Richmond teams than I imply and know what they look like. I also have sources scattered around Richmond that tell me about certain teams. The Jefferson District only has a couple of very good teams in a given year. This year it's just Louisa. Orange has the talent to destroy anyone, but never play like it.

Lake Taylor deserves more talk this year, and everyone knows what to expect from them. I went to the Courtland/Lafayette playoff game last year and Courtland dominated the game. I think @Lafayette said or implied that this year's Lafayette isn't quite as good as last year's.

ADVERTISEMENT