3. Herritage NN
4. Lake Taylor
5. Amherst
6. Salem
7. William Byrd
8. Louisa
9. Lafayette
10. Eastern View

@mbonape1 Just because you haven't heard of certain teams, it doesn't make them weak any given year. Albemarle is a "decent" 5A team this year who I think is better than Powhatan, Louisa beat Albemarle 41-13. And just so you know, Albemarle, who we usually consider decent to bad in our area, has dominated 6A Cosby of Chesterfield in scrimmages the last few years. Cosby is usually a middle of the pack team by Richmond standards. I really don't like Thomas Dale's squad and think even Albemarle could stop 6A Dale's "extremely physical" offense. Dale was very good in the early 2000s and 2009. The issue the last few years is that 5A has been stronger than 6A across most of the state, especially in the Richmond area. So average 5A teams like Albemarle get destroyed in the playoffs.

King George has a history of sending kids to the NFL, like Jermon Bushrod, currently on the Dolphins. http://www.nfl.com/player/jermonbushrod/2507203/profile They also had very good teams in the 90s. Schools like KG have difficulty scheduling bigger schools to play them, and they just so happen to be located very close to a bunch of 1A schools. I'm sure they'll gladly play a Richmond school, hit them up! They did play Norcom of Portsmouth this year and last year. Louisa also has a history of sending kids to the NFL, like James Smith in the 80s/90s and Kerry Wynn, currently on the Giants. http://www.nfl.com/player/kerrywynn/2550312/profile

Waaaay before Chancellor lost to James River, posters here were doubting Chancellor after a couple of posters talked about how much talent Chancellor has and how much they're on a mission. Just search "Chancellor" and see for yourself. These last few years, I have tried to get out and see more teams around the state in person. So I've seen more Richmond teams than I imply and know what they look like. I also have sources scattered around Richmond that tell me about certain teams. The Jefferson District only has a couple of very good teams in a given year. This year it's just Louisa. Orange has the talent to destroy anyone, but never play like it.

Lake Taylor deserves more talk this year, and everyone knows what to expect from them. I went to the Courtland/Lafayette playoff game last year and Courtland dominated the game. I think @Lafayette said or implied that this year's Lafayette isn't quite as good as last year's.

Ok I don't have a problem with any of that... just felt like a lot of shade was being thrown at the Richmond teams. But you are right about 6a in the richmond area. Its not even close to 5A. But lets see what manchester does tonight vs hermitage.

At the end of the day if you are undefeated then your undefeated.. Louisa is and so is eastern view. So kudos to the both of them and I put them as serious contenders period..

I'm just saying it is really hard to go undefeated if you are a 4A team in the richmond area due to the 5A schools.

I understand the scheduling challenges for a school like KG. You play your area.. I get it.

The good news is this will all be settled on the field.

Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b
I'm not buying anyone over Dinwiddie this year. I suppose we'll see.
KLnohtOvFvzjy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT