ADVERTISEMENT

New enrollment numbers

March ADM numbers likely won't be published by the DOE until late May at the earliest. At least that is how it has always been in the past.

Do they go by March or October numbers? For some reason I'm thinking they go by fall numbers not spring. I'm not sure that is the case.

Do they go by March or October numbers? For some reason I'm thinking they go by fall numbers not spring. I'm not sure that is the case.
Year's past they have been released in March but not sure which semester they are based on.

They will do the next round of reclassification by the March 2022 grades 9-11 ADM numbers. The reclassification committee will meet this summer to come up with a preliminary plan(i.e. cutoff points between classifications). That means schools can appeal their placements next fall/spring and it will all go into effect for the 2023-24 school year.

It's always interesting to see the enrollment trends and hear the chatter about who is where etc.

Reactions: EPJr
March ADM numbers likely won't be published by the DOE until late May at the earliest. At least that is how it has always been in the past.
Like you say Bulldog, unless someone with an inside source can secret the numbers to us early, it will most likely be mid-summer before we see the full list.

But, in the meantime, does anyone have a feel for which schools may have enough of a change to push them up or down a notch?

How about mergers? Any localities planning to consolidate high schools in the next couple of years?

And finally, are there any new high schools opening in NOVA in the next couple of years?

Like you say Bulldog, unless someone with an inside source can secret the numbers to us early, it will most likely be mid-summer before we see the full list.

But, in the meantime, does anyone have a feel for which schools may have enough of a change to push them up or down a notch?

How about mergers? Any localities planning to consolidate high schools in the next couple of years?

And finally, are there any new high schools opening in NOVA in the next couple of years?
Based on the 2020 ADM numbers LCA (Lynchburg) currently is a Class 2 size school but they play in Class 3. They have less students that King William, Poquoson, Richlands, and Central-Woodstock, all are current Class 2 schools.

Where VHSL sets the cutoff for the next cycle will determine whether they play in Class 2 or Class 3 next season. I highly doubt VHSL will allow them to play in Class 2 which means there may be some current Class 2 schools that get bumped up to Class 3 by the cutoff number in order to keep LCA in Class 3.

Mecklenburg County High School will open up this fall. This is the consolidated schools of Bluestone and Park View-South Hill. They will be in the Piedmont District, Region 4D, Class 4

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Its well be interesting what happens in Loudoun County with population in that county. Light Ridge is the newest school and they are going to be one of the biggest high schools in the state.

Reactions: MascotMemorizer
Its well be interesting what happens in Loudoun County with population in that county. Light Ridge is the newest school and they are going to be one of the biggest high schools in the state.
They gonna have high schools across the street from each other

Richmond School Board is wrangling over the capacity of the new George Wythe. sounds like they may be bumped up to Class 5 which will not be good for their football program because most of the new students will be Hispanic - bad for football but good for futbol.

Richmond School Board is wrangling over the capacity of the new George Wythe. sounds like they may be bumped up to Class 5 which will not be good for their football program because most of the new students will be Hispanic - bad for football but good for futbol.
A school board altered the design so the new school will accommodate 1,800 students instead of 1,600. First look at the new Wythe; it is patterned after the new Grassfield HS in Chesapeake.
UJAT3UWQRZA5BCEZLUUUIIHIKE.PNG

Hxqk-HdK

“Lake Ridge” (no official name yet) high school in Woodbridge is about to be built.
New Construction Changes 
14th High School (Mid-County) delayed one year to 2024 (new Enrollment Projections)

15th High School (TBD) delayed two years to 2027 (new Enrollment Projections)

New Construction Changes 
14th High School (Mid-County) delayed one year to 2024 (new Enrollment Projections)

15th High School (TBD) delayed two years to 2027 (new Enrollment Projections)
I believe the area the Washington commanders just bought was the land the high school was to be built on. Not 100% sure on this but I’ve seen several things out there that this is exactly the same land.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT