ADVERTISEMENT

NEW Top Ten Rankings (entering 9-7-17 Weekend Games)

I think Woodgrove will need to be added to the Class 4 Top 10 after we beat 5A Broad Run Friday night.

Surprised to see them absent as is. Massaponax isn't as good as they have been in years back, but they're still Massaponax. There are a few teams currently in the top 10 that Woodgrove would probably steamroll.

Reactions: Tom Potter
Surprised to see them absent as is. Massaponax isn't as good as they have been in years back, but they're still Massaponax. There are a few teams currently in the top 10 that Woodgrove would probably steamroll.

Woodgrove is always sound. Just curious Shruikan. You always make sound arguments. Who would they steamroll?

Reactions: Shruikan
Woodgrove is always sound. Just curious Shruikan. You always make sound arguments. Who would they steamroll?

Dinwiddie. ;)

Nah, but I think they'd beat Lafayette and Blacksburg by a decent margin. I have nothing against either team, I just think that highly of the Wolverines. They stand a good shot at beating 5A Broad Run, and I think they're the top team in Region C as everything stands right now. Sherando, Millbrook, and Liberty haven't played anyone yet, and Woodgrove will be battle tested come the end of the regular season.

Louisa is also better than 8th at the moment.

Thanks was just curious. I also think Louisa is a bit underated, but time will tell. The normal characters are right there as usual. Thanks again.

Reactions: Shruikan
I think Woodgrove will need to be added to the Class 4 Top 10 after we beat 5A Broad Run Friday night.
Trust me, I wanted to put Woodgrove in this past week and just couldn't find someone to drop out to put them in...

They've surprised me a bit. I thought they'd take a while to hit their stride since they lost so much to graduation, but looks like Josh Johnson really is running the football extremely well for them. The new QB Bailey Burton is playing error-free football as well.

Beating Broad Run would be a big victory for them, especially given how solid the Spartans have started in handling Potomac Falls and Tuscarora (two teams that opened in the Class 5 Top Ten).

Trust me, I wanted to put Woodgrove in this past week and just couldn't find someone to drop out to put them in...

They've surprised me a bit. I thought they'd take a while to hit their stride since they lost so much to graduation, but looks like Josh Johnson really is running the football extremely well for them. The new QB Bailey Burton is playing error-free football as well.

Beating Broad Run would be a big victory for them, especially given how solid the Spartans have started in handling Potomac Falls and Tuscarora (two teams that opened in the Class 5 Top Ten).

Turns out you were right Matthew.

Woodgrove is not a top 10 team at the moment!

Hopefully by the end of the year we earn a top 10 spot in time for the playoffs.

Woodgrove needs to bounce back next week against 5A Tuscarora.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT