ADVERTISEMENT

new VHSL guidelines for sports

Interesting and their categories sort of make sense but I don't understand how lacrosse is high risk and not medium risk like soccer, field hockey and basketball. All four sports involve contact or extremely close proximity when defenders are guarding offensive players or fighting for the ball, and off ball defensive positioning (if played correctly) is very similar in all of them.

Interesting and their categories sort of make sense but I don't understand how lacrosse is high risk and not medium risk like soccer, field hockey and basketball. All four sports involve contact or extremely close proximity when defenders are guarding offensive players or fighting for the ball, and off ball defensive positioning (if played correctly) is very similar in all of them.
I find it interesting that football is high risk with helmets and the possible use of face shields and gloves and basketball which has no face or hand protections and close contact inside not outside is medium risk. Their categories are suspect.

Reactions: springer76
^^Nostradamus over here can see into the future. Hook me up with the lotto numbers!
WV,NC,Tennessee,and Maryland are IN their summer workouts. WV,NC,and Tenn started last Monday. Maryland last week as well. VA is still sitting with their thumb up their butts. I know facts piss people off,but they’re all over Twitter with their videos of the kids hitting the fields. Martinsburg has a gorgeous new turf field they’re working out on.

Last edited:
WV,NC,Tennessee,and Maryland are IN their summer workouts. WV,NC,and Tenn started last Monday. Maryland last week as well. VA is still sitting with their thumb up their butts. I know facts piss people off,but they’re all over Twitter with their videos of the kids hitting the fields. Martinsburg has a gorgeous new stadium they’re working out on.
I think they already had the turf. I think they may be renamining the field or stadium after their former coach.

WV,NC,Tennessee,and Maryland are IN their summer workouts. WV,NC,and Tenn started last Monday. Maryland last week as well. VA is still sitting with their thumb up their butts. I know facts piss people off,but they’re all over Twitter with their videos of the kids hitting the fields. Martinsburg has a gorgeous new stadium they’re working out on.
Martinsburg doesn’t have a new stadium- they just replaced the field turf.

I’m not questioning those facts. I’m questioning the fact that they will all be playing this season as you claim. If they are, I’m happy to admit you were right. But I’m gonna wait for now to see what actually happens.
NC is ahead of the game in terms of the NCHSAA giving their school divisions lead way, BUT like Virginia, NC is a long ways from playing. There was a good thread on NC Preps that border counties will lose players to SC or TN. NC was seeing huge numbers daily so I don’t know where they stand.

Reactions: WP02alum
I think they already had the turf. I think they may be renamining the field or stadium after their former coach.
They put new turf down,changed the center emblem,and named the field after the former coach. The new turf & emblem were replaced in April. They started practicing on it last Monday

Reactions: aw19752
Martinsburg doesn’t have a new stadium- they just replaced the field turf.
Sorry I misstated. They put down the new turf in April,with the new midfield logo. I’m hoping Highland Springs gets to break in that new turf.

My favorite part about @HooSprings is he spews misinformation/lies, gets corrected by people who actually know what they’re talking about; then, he never addresses or acknowledges it and moves on like nothing happened.

So I guess this Martinsburg stadium bit is progress?

A live look at Martinsburg’s new stadium from my source, Hoosprings.

Rtia55UTfcb9nGPC2nDoM5Z1A8lNZldCsPwJDwLbNHaQfZaM88DgJXEPajSFOqIwppZ-HFPx9gWGYoihf2hJjRt4YBGP8Yo

Phase 3 on July 1. Social distancing still required for contact activities. Doesn’t sound like football is yet a go, but let’s make a decision VHSL, no more excuses as usual.

Last edited:
Phase 3 on July 1. Social distancing still required for contact activities. Doesn’t sound like football is yet a go, but let’s make a decision VHSL, no more excuses as usual.
The players have already been practicing together. What part of that don’t y’all understand. There were 60 players at the field on Monday that I could see for myself. I can promise you...they were not playing with an imaginary ball, And they were more than just kids there.

I believe you that those kids are out there practicing with adults. Did you think we didn’t believe you?

The players have already been practicing together. What part of that don’t y’all understand. There were 60 players at the field on Monday that I could see for myself. I can promise you...they were not playing with an imaginary ball, And they were more than just kids there.
And it still doesn't mean those other states will end up playing football. It's still June. You still haven't learned how quickly things have been changing on a dime?

Reactions: falcettik
Don’t you understand? Those kids were practicing yesterday! That means everything will end up the way he wants it!

Reactions: LionNation540
They be practicing in an unauthorized manner but I’m talking about sanctioned practices per the Vhsl guidelines that I’m not aware anybody has gotten approval for ( not down here yet) and game protocols that haven’t even been developed which will need to follow the Governor's rules/ social distancing, no shared balls,etc.

I work in Fairfax County. I just received an email that our school board approved two proposals for next year.
1. Start part time. Students come twice a week and work from home twice a week. Smaller classes per CDC guidelines.
2. All virtual online - no face to face with students.

Something our Super made very clear in his letter and email is that school will not look anything like we are use to. Not even close.

He made it clear unless we get past phase 3 coming back full time 5 days a week is not an option. We start school on August 25th so that does not look good for fall sports.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT