ADVERTISEMENT

News from Dinwiddie. Credit to the RTD

Awesome story! We will probably never see this again... So when do you start your new gig DP? LOL
Chuck Moss, the gentleman taking over the mic, is an awesome personality. Chuck knows he can't replace Mr. Knott, but he and the rest of us know that neither can anyone else. What Chuck has going for him is that he is an entirely different personality. He will not try to emulate Mr. Knott. He has his own style. But Chuck made it clear, he will honor Mr. Knott at every opportunity.

It probably wasn't appropriate for the author of the article to add this to his story, but Mr. Knott had three sidekicks that assisted him as spotters for much of his tenure. One is a lawyer, one is a retired teacher, and the third was Mr. Knott's daughter. To watch them work was watching poetry in motion.

It will be difficult in the coming year, but Mr. Knott laid a foundation that is as solid as a rock.

Reactions: gwb16
Yes sir. And I know what you are thinking. And trust me, I was dead set against him. Until I met him personally.

He did what was asked of him at Louisa. He was the voice of a master plan set out by the Louisa AD and others. The motive, to get more fannies in the seats. And it worked. They created a culture that was accepted and expected.

Fast forward to the present, Mr. Moss knows that what was good for Louisa Is definitely not what is wanted in Dinwiddie. He convinced me in very short order that he was the commiserate professional.

Mr. Moss has been calling Dinwiddie basketball games for several years now and is absolutely perfect for the job. His voice on the mic is clear, concise, and the perfect pitch. We are extremely fortunate that Mr. Moss was waiting in the wings. You just can't guess how many times the question was asked over the years, "what is going to happen if Mr. Knott decides to retire". Fate, providence, or Devine Intervention, or something else put Chuck Moss in the right place, at the right time for Dinwiddie.

I wasn't thinking anything , was just wondering. I don't have a problem with how Louisa did there thing. Every school has there own master plan to succeed. Some schools NEED to do something, it can be very boring listening to some of the broadcasters out there.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Agreed. They had a plan, and it worked. Amazingly well, I might add. Let's face it, football revenue is critically important. 200 people at a game just won't pay the bills.

Reactions: gwb16 and hamspear
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT