ADVERTISEMENT

Next year

Oct 2, 2003
What does James River lose this year? Galax loses a lot from their state championship team i think. James River should be the team to beat from what i understand. Who else will be tough in region C?

Floyd will be a pretty tough team with hollandsworth leading the way. And Radford will also be pretty tough. We (galax) lose 4 of our top 6 but bring back 2 really good players as well as some more young talent. Good luck to all on next year.

i thought floyd was kind of a one woman show. No disrespect to floyd. So with galax out of the picture as a team does that more or less make it the james river show? GW loses 1 and should be good but shallow. We've got to come up with a 4th player.

If galax can squeeze some talent out of their young guys then they'll be a threat but thats only an IF statement. James River should be the team to beat unless somethin happens. GW has a lot of talent but its not developed. If they spent more time on the course then they could be a major threat. But it would take a lot of work. As for floyd, they are kind of like GW they have a good leader but they need to develop the talent on the back end. Same goes for radford.

Time on the course? That's funny. Our top 3 put in as much time as anybody out there. The rest of the team more or less dosen't touch a club until the first day of practice. But as for our top 3, we're out there everyday, not only on the course but where matches are really won and lost, on the range and on the practice green. Our lack of success outside of the district level is not due to lack of committment it's from out "4th seed by committee". If we had one more consistant performer we would be a major force. Maybe we'll get a lucky trasfer or someone will breakout. Who knows.

Well if yall spent all that time on the course then I think it would show. Im not tryin to be mean or anything but your 4th seed is just as good as your 3rd. Yall have Lilly and thats about the only player that can get in the 70's consistently. But I guess we will see what happens next year, and I wouldn't count galax out for nothing.

haha. i was 3rd and my stroke avg for at the end of the season was 4 shots better than our 4th guys was. I hope we play galax next year. You beat us by 5 or 6 and you lose a ton. But we'll see.
This post was edited on 1/27 12:11 AM by gwlefty06if(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

Ok let me refresh my memory. I think we beat yall by 30 or 40 at regionals. GW won't make it out of regionals this year those spots are up for Floyd County and James River. But think what you want to and we will see yall going home with a sad face again.

now let me refresh your memory some more. you beat us by 5 at our course and we had to take a 42 from our 2nd seed.

ok now how many did mickelson win the masters by..... 1..... and i think that still counts as a win no matter which way you look at and just keep the idea that yall are goin to state in ur head and ur goin to feel 10 times worse when it don't happen so if i was u then i would just be like we ain't gettin out of regions and if yall do then yall do.

Hey GW I hear that you guys have 7th or 8th grader that's as good as your number 2&3 guy if not better but his scores don't count.

im assuming you are talking about chris scott. He is currently a 7th grader. To say he is better than our 2 or 3 is a little much. But he has a ton of talent and he's gonna be nuts. the kids short game is rediculous.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT