ADVERTISEMENT

Next Year

Just how many Rings can one put on ones fingers? Time will tell ! This program is truly making history. I just hope the coaching staff stays healthy and determined to see how many Championships they can win. Everywhere you go the talk is positive and people outside of the Riverheads Red Pride Nation have nice comments about the program ! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all.

Reactions: Bama1985
Just how many Rings can one put on ones fingers? Time will tell ! This program is truly making history. I just hope the coaching staff stays healthy and determined to see how many Championships they can win. Everywhere you go the talk is positive and people outside of the Riverheads Red Pride Nation have nice comments about the program ! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all.

Dude I don't know who you are but if Xcross finds out you hacked his account and had something hospitable to say on here. He going to run you over with that piece of crap tractor we hear so much about.

OH and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours.

Dude I don't know who you are but if Xcross finds out you hacked his account and had something hospitable to say on here. He going to run you over with that piece of crap tractor we hear so much about.

OH and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours.
Thank you , His tractor is pretty slow. lol

With PH committing to a wing type offense, do they have enough coming back from this year to carry on what they started this year. I am all in if they can stick with it and establish their identity as a smashmouth team. Teams don't like to get hit when on defense and most spread teams just don't punish the defense enough when they are on the field. That's a point our friend @mmqp has made for a few years with 1A teams. If you cant get under center at times and just run over people, you better be exceptional at what you do.

Chilhowie has set a standard in not dropping off after losing 20 some senior starters from the 2018 runnerup team. That's a whole bunch of players to replace so hats off to them.

Next year should be a wide open year in one sense, Essex will have another year removed from phenom KJ Dameron so they will be more comfortable with getting the ball to multiple players. Galax will be right back in the thick of it because of the culture of winning that the team has fostered and they have a great bunch of coaching to go with community by in. Not ready to say Narrows is able to repeat this years performance as I think they lose a good little bit but they could certainly surprise me and contend again. GW is what we think they are, solid with all kind of potential even if unrealized at times. Sussex is going about their business and lurking right at the edge of being really outstanding and the switch may get flipped next year. Franklin was young this year but hit like a sledgehammer, look out when they realize how good they can be. W&L, my enigma. I think they are better than they finished but I also believe they peaked early. Look for them to be on the hunt again and in contention.

I know I left a few teams off but honestly we could go on and on about the potential for success next year. Next season started on Sunday for those that either didn't like the way things finished for them or realized the things they needed to work on. For the record I am metaphorically speaking to a mindset of improvement over this years performance. I am hopeful that all these athletes are engaged in another sport to enhance their overall athleticism. I want to thank all of those that participated this year and allowed old farts like us to enjoy the Friday night lights for another season. Fall cant get here soon enough for me.

Narrows has two 2nd team all-state linemen returning along with plenty of skill guys. Will have their 3rd starting QB in 3 years but such is the world of HS football. Not going to say they will repeat this past season to the letter but the expectations to win Giles Co. and the Pioneer District are still there and should be attainable if they put in the work.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT