ADVERTISEMENT

Next year

Oct 13, 2019
Graham gonna be really good again. Depends on if they can develop some very talented young lineman. At the skilled positions, we'll be as good or better than this year.

In Region D, I think it's Graham and Union for the title. Union was very young this year and returns a lot. Central Wise and Gate City will be good and might challenge Graham or Union in the Region, but Graham and Union are top 2 early Region Favorites. Ridgeview takes a major step back.

In Graham game 1 next year, Bluefield High WV may be favored over us. They are gonna be great next year.

Reactions: Gridiron1960
Radford takes a step back next year. In Region C look for Appomattox and Glenvar to play again for the Region title game. Martinsville will be in the mix as well, but Appomattox is once again the favorites and next year, I think they are a heavy favorite in C. This year, Radford kind of became the early favorites. I think it's Appos Region to lose next year. Even with the loss of Pennix and Copeland to VT, much like Graham lost 2 players to VT last year, Appo will be better in 2023 than this year.

Last edited:
Gretna will be extremely talented but without discipline and line play afraid it want matter. Only lose one linebacker and one O lineman off starters and have very talented JV players coming up. Not expecting to get to top of region but should be in contention for third or fourth with a home playoff game which is a step in the right direction. Need O line coach bad. Coach Miller has our support but needs help. Need new OC bad and really wished they would bring JV coach up for this and his jv was way more disciplined. No one on staff has ever played or coached offensive line and I know a lot of people are hoping we can find one. Just afraid even with a bunch of talent will be all for not so don't get my hopes up too high. Appo will definitely be ones to beat in Region C. Got a feeling it will come down to Graham and Appo again.

Graham gonna be really good again. Depends on if they can develop some very talented young lineman. At the skilled positions, we'll be as good or better than this year.

In Region D, I think it's Graham and Union for the title. Union was very young this year and returns a lot. Central Wise and Gate City will be good and might challenge Graham or Union in the Region, but Graham and Union are top 2 early Region Favorites. Ridgeview takes a major step back.

In Graham game 1 next year, Bluefield High WV may be favored over us. They are gonna be great next year.
Graham has never beaten Bluefield 3 years in a row. It's going to be fascinating to watch that slugfest. Will Graham pull it off? We find out 8/26.

Graham has never beaten Bluefield 3 years in a row. It's going to be fascinating to watch that slugfest. Will Graham pull it off? We find out 8/26.
SWDRules, I'm hearing next year may be the last one for Freddy Simon and that he is likely to retire. I've heard the same from what the Graham fan said, that Bluefield is possibly state championship good next year and returns a ton of talent and players. Should be a other good one with Graham and Bluefield in August.

SWDRules, I'm hearing next year may be the last one for Freddy Simon and that he is likely to retire. I've heard the same from what the Graham fan said, that Bluefield is possibly state championship good next year and returns a ton of talent and players. Should be a other good one with Graham and Bluefield in August.
Both teams will be loaded at the skill positions. How Graham's line develops will determine if they can hang with Bluefield next season. If the line comes along during the off-season in the weight room, it should be a good one.

Reactions: Fairlawncat
Gretna will be extremely talented but without discipline and line play afraid it want matter. Only lose one linebacker and one O lineman off starters and have very talented JV players coming up. Not expecting to get to top of region but should be in contention for third or fourth with a home playoff game which is a step in the right direction. Need O line coach bad. Coach Miller has our support but needs help. Need new OC bad and really wished they would bring JV coach up for this and his jv was way more disciplined. No one on staff has ever played or coached offensive line and I know a lot of people are hoping we can find one. Just afraid even with a bunch of talent will be all for not so don't get my hopes up too high. Appo will definitely be ones to beat in Region C. Got a feeling it will come down to Graham and Appo again.
It very well could and as history has it home field is very important

Appo fans. How much us of those lineman do you return next year. Appomattox County from game 1 through the last game just kept trending through the roof on the offensive line. Were those kids seniors, juniors, sophomores, etc. Even with the loss of Pennix and Copeland, Appomattox is going to be scary if they replicate what the offensive line was at the end of the season. That Appo offensive line is what beat Radford and Glenvar in the playoffs.

Gladiators will be crashing the party next year with a chip on their shoulder, moving up to 2a will reenergize the program not like they need to be. They will be arriving to win.

I am anxious to see how Region B shakes out with the addition of the Riverheads. I’m not sold on them making it to Salem next year. As the season progresses next fall, I may change that opinion.
Reply same thing happened in 2011 with them coming off state title in D1 and thought they would breeze through D2 and didn't happen. Whole lot tougher teams in D2.

Reactions: TS69
I am anxious to see how Region B shakes out with the addition of the Riverheads. I’m not sold on them making it to Salem next year. As the season progresses next fall, I may change that opinion.
B is going to be tough next year. I think Stuarts Draft will be the team to beat out of B. They were young this year and have an absolute stud coming up from a dominant and undefeated JV team. Just remember the last name Graber, he could have started on the varsity this year as an 8th grader and would have dominated. He is the younger brother of their QB. Reminds me alot of CCC when he was on JVs.

Reactions: TS69
Central is the team to beat again in my eyes. They return quite a bit from this years team. They are the team to beat until someone takes the region title away. Strasburg will fall off a bit. They lose 85-90% percent of the offensive production. Clarke was young this year but look for them to be in the mix as well. Not sure what all Luray loses. I do not know much about Draft or Buckingham.

Central is the team to beat again in my eyes. They return quite a bit from this years team. They are the team to beat until someone takes the region title away. Strasburg will fall off a bit. They lose 85-90% percent of the offensive production. Clarke was young this year but look for them to be in the mix as well. Not sure what all Luray loses. I do not know much about Draft or Buckingham.
Luray loses quite a bit but they return their QB and freshman running back Bryant who is the real deal. They have built a solid foundation under coach Jeffries and have some young big kids for the up coming season.

Appo fans. How much us of those lineman do you return next year. Appomattox County from game 1 through the last game just kept trending through the roof on the offensive line. Were those kids seniors, juniors, sophomores, etc. Even with the loss of Pennix and Copeland, Appomattox is going to be scary if they replicate what the offensive line was at the end of the season. That Appo offensive line is what beat Radford and Glenvar in the playoffs.
Don’t quote me CAT but I think they will all be back minus the tight end !

It's more than that but how many I'm not totally sure.

I'm hearing about four that need replaced (as of last night ). Lots of backups got playing time with the "sick week" and lop sided victories so that will benefit them.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Raiders Radio
They have the QB back and number 8 think he is just a 10 th grader and they will have another one returning from ACL this year hurt in 7on 7 in summer , kelso was just a 10 grader so most of offense returns
It's more than that but how many I'm not totally sure
did find out the center was a senior too they should be in good shape on the line

• Love
They have the QB back and number 8 think he is just a 10 th grader and they will have another one returning from ACL this year hurt in 7on 7 in summer , kelso was just a 10 grader so most of offense returns

did find out the center was a senior too they should be in good shape on the line
Kelso was a junior.
8 I'm not sure on.

Heritage and Lord B are probably on the schedule for 4 years (2 years for sure it appears) I'm hearing.
Rustburg is locked for another 2 at least.

Last edited:
So....it sounds like you Appo guys are saying Radford probably isn't going to win the Region next year? LOL. I agree. Anyone know what Glenvar and Martinsville returns? I'm think Region C looks like Appo first, then Glenvar, then Martinsville, then Raddy, Gretna, and Floyd battling for 4th. I don't know much about Floyd either. They were good up front this year. Radford loses a bunch. Alleghany I don't know about either. They were improved this year.

• Haha
So....it sounds like you Appo guys are saying Radford probably isn't going to win the Region next year? LOL. I agree. Anyone know what Glenvar and Martinsville returns? I'm think Region C looks like Appo first, then Glenvar, then Martinsville, then Raddy, Gretna, and Floyd battling for 4th. I don't know much about Floyd either. They were good up front this year. Radford loses a bunch. Alleghany I don't know about either. They were improved this year.
Is Alleghany and Covington combining?

I hope the old man does retire. Then they'll give it to the son no one likes and the kids will leave in droves.

I don’t think JR. Ends up with it. The name I’ve heard to replace Simon will flip the prospect rankings in Bluefield’s favor.

On Bluefield, any chance Yubrenal Isabelle gets the job? I know he's at Graham now, but a former player for Bluefield and he played in the NFL, and has a degree from UVA. His son only has 2 years left at Graham I think. Seems like Yubrenal would get some looks for that job.

On Bluefield, any chance Yubrenal Isabelle gets the job? I know he's at Graham now, but a former player for Bluefield and he played in the NFL, and has a degree from UVA. His son only has 2 years left at Graham I think. Seems like Yubrenal would get some looks for that job.
Freddy isn't going anywhere for a while. Graham is looking stout in the weight room thus far. Hard to imagine, but they may be bigger and stronger then last season from the looks of things so far. Plus Clements, Floyd, Edwards, Jennings and company all returning at the skill positions. Add a promising looking young QB and some very athletic freshmen coming in, Graham should have all of the pieces to make some noise again this year. Looking forward to see if anybody in D steps up to challenge them this year.

I am most interested in seeing how Jennings comes along. He has all of the tools to be the next big star at Graham (after Clements is through, of course). He has a D -1 type of frame and is athletic and strong and will be just a sophomore and already has some big time D-1 schools at least giving him a look. Very big upside for that kid, he has the size and athleticism to play at the next level.

Replacing the linemen that graduated will be Graham's biggest concern, but they will have some depth to choose from on the line from the looks of things. Omarri Hill will be one of the best linemen prospects at any level in Virginia, in my humble opinion. Can't wait for this season.

They may not have enough footballs to go around for the talent they will have on offense this year (for 2A).

Last edited:
Freddy isn't going anywhere for a while. Graham is looking stout in the weight room thus far. Hard to imagine, but they may be bigger and stronger then last season from the looks of things so far. Plus Clements, Floyd, Edwards, Jennings and company all returning at the skill positions. Add a promising looking young QB and some very athletic freshmen coming in, Graham should have all of the pieces to make some noise again this year. Looking forward to see if anybody in D steps up to challenge them this year.

I am most interested in seeing how Jennings comes along. He has all of the tools to be the next big star at Graham (after Clements is through, of course). He has a D -1 type of frame and is athletic and strong and will be just a sophomore and already has some big time D-1 schools at least giving him a look. Very big upside for that kid, he has the size and athleticism to play at the next level.

Replacing the linemen that graduated will be Graham's biggest concern, but they will have some depth to choose from on the line from the looks of things. Omarri Hill will be one of the best linemen prospects at any level in Virginia, in my humble opinion. Can't wait for this season.

They may not have enough footballs to go around for the talent they will have on offense this year (for 2A).
What are the chances the younger Simons steps into head coach when Freddie hangs it up? I can’t see Bluefield picking him to fill daddy’s shoes but I could be wrong.

What are the chances the younger Simons steps into head coach when Freddie hangs it up? I can’t see Bluefield picking him to fill daddy’s shoes but I could be wrong.
May not be what the fans want, but I can definitely see that happening. Freddy Sr. can keep an influence on the program that way.

He has another son coming up who should be in high school when the older son graduates. I can’t see Isabelle leaving Graham, I think he likes coaching there and seems like players and other coaches like him a lot. I could be wrong but I think he stays put.

Reactions: 19GHS87
You should be , we get see how bad 2A is I suppose. You are next .
Oh snap 🫰…should be go ahead and hand y’all the championship trophy? I had a coach once tell me to let the pads do the talking. I guess we’ll see how well those pads down Staunton way back up your chatter 😂.

Oh snap 🫰…should be go ahead and hand y’all the championship trophy? I had a coach once tell me to let the pads do the talking. I guess we’ll see how well those pads down Staunton way back up your chatter 😂.
I’m not from Riverhead or represent them as an fan. I will tell you they are highly respected and dangerous , don’t poke the bear.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT