ADVERTISEMENT

NND Boys B-Ball and NHS v NHS score

uvacavs1

VaPreps All District
Jul 30, 2010
The Northumberland Boys basketball team made the long trip to the Eastern Shore to play Northampton. Northumberland improved their record to 2-0 defeating the home team like 96-45.

It is basketball time now that Riverheads ended the NNDs football run and took the state title. Don't worry folks that will not happen in B-Ball. It looks like the NND will be quite strong in basketball again this season.

Plus, now that Radford (a Tier One team in Basketball) has moved to 2A, the ole Neck may have a great shot at producing a State Champion this year (even better odds if the big boys do not have to knock each other out in the regions).

Last edited:
I am not as familiar with basketball as the football and soccer teams, but here are my preseason/pre NND rankings for Boys Basketball - Please add your thoughts and input.

1) Lancaster
2) Northumberland
3) Essex
4) W&L
5) Rappahannock
6) Colonial Beach

(W&L may be sleeper pick this year...)

I would love to see a competitive district with all the teams showing up every night. I think I agree with the order you had. If W&L can get back an injured player, get him back in shape by the second week of Jan, there might be a shake up at the top. Saying that but not in any way diminishing the talent at Northumberland, Lancaster, Essex, CB and Rapp. It's going to be be a tough season. Hope someone from the Neck can bring back a State Title!!!

Northumberland (3-0) earns an away victory over 3A Spotsylvania 71-64 last night.

Dang, noticed in the Rapp Times that Rappahannock and Colonial Beach (boys B-Ball) have also started 3-0 (as of Dec. 4th).

Could be quite the year...

Northumberland improved to 4-0 on the season as they had a way to close for comfort home win v Mathews 61-57.

NHS appears to lack team chemistry as too many players go in and out. NHS should play the top 7 or 8 players only in close games until the game is under control. Teams like Lancaster would have rolled over the Indians if they play like last night.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT