ADVERTISEMENT

Noah Beckley (former Spartans QB) to transfer to Bridgewater

I’m really glad to hear Beckley will be continuing his career at Bridgewater. He’s too good of an athlete and player to not be out on the field. If you consider all aspects of quarterback play - passing, running, game management, and leadership - Beckley is the best-ever to line up behind center for the Spartans, IMHO.

Any idea how much eligibility he’ll have left? I think Beckley redshirted his first year, but I don’t know how that factors in if a player transfers to a school in a lower division. I would guess he’d have at least two years left, possibly three.

Reactions: RKE Fan
I’m really glad to hear Beckley will be continuing his career at Bridgewater. He’s too good of an athlete and player to not be out on the field. If you consider all aspects of quarterback play - passing, running, game management, and leadership - Beckley is the best-ever to line up behind center for the Spartans, IMHO.

Any idea how much eligibility he’ll have left? I think Beckley redshirted his first year, but I don’t know how that factors in if a player transfers to a school in a lower division. I would guess he’d have at least two years left, possibly three.
I think 3 for football if he chooses to.

He was at JMU, but they wanted him to play at WR. He tried it, but that wasn't his passion. He didn't play football at all last year IIRC. I hope he will do well and enjoy it. I think his top target will be joining him.

Reactions: VolNation85

He won't be forced to sit out any years transferring to a lower division school. He'll be eligible to play right away without being penalized any years. Good luck to him. I'm sure he's going to be in contention to play immediately.

He won't be forced to sit out any years transferring to a lower division school. He'll be eligible to play right away without being penalized any years. Good luck to him. I'm sure he's going to be in contention to play immediately.

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I know about not losing any “sit out” time by transferring to a lower division. I was actually wondering about the redshirt situation - if that redshirt year counts as a year played in this situation. Apparently not.

Yeah, he should have 4 years of eligibility left at Bridgewater after the JMU redshirt year. Can definitely understand not wanting to make the WR switch considering where he would fall on JMU’s WR depth chart. Glad he was able to land somewhere close with an excellent opportunity to play QB!

He will have 3 years of eligibility, His eligibility clock started once he enrolled at JMU. Even if he didn't play last year, you have 5 years to play 4 seasons once you enroll.

My bad. Thought he had only been at JMU for one year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT